Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shadow Of A Drought! (144)

I can now relate to this episode better since Azalea Town's drought is similar to the drought here. Anyway, I liked that Slowpoke were revered in the anime in Azalea Town like they are in the games, and Team Rocket's scheme to catch a bunch of Slowpoke and charge Azalea Town's citizens for the rain was actually ingenious imho.

It was great how Azalea town's surroundings were changed to a desert on the show which is different from the games and I liked how Kurt was dressed up as a Slowpoke. The part when the Slowpokes made it rain was cool.

So the citizens of Azalea Town kind of worshipped Slowpoke just because they made rain. Meh. I liked seeing TR's Diglett mecha at least...

Kurt managed to be interesting here not like his videogame counterpart. I liked the Slowpoke yawn scene when they made it rain. 8/10

My favorite scene from this episode: Ash's pals all playing in the water while in the desert. I also liked Kurt's Slowpoke disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    Although I'm not a big fan of slowpokes or Maisy, this episode is pretty interesting. Team Rocket kind of save the day in a way they weren't even meaning to. They tried to capture slowpokes to pay for rain, and end up just making the slowpokes finally come out and making it rain by yawning. That was interesting. I think they made it a little too obvious that Kurt is the man in the slowpoke disguise, however. They should have done a better job of hiding it.
    I love Slowpoke, but I freaking hate this episode. It is boring to me.

Team Rocket was actually pretty amusing in this episode. Slowpoke aren't really appealing to me, but they were really cute in this episode, especially when the people overreacted with Ash stepping on one's tail.

I liked when the Rocket-dan discovered the Well of Yadon and how the Yadon all had glowing red eyes. Hiwada Town's drought delaying Satoshi's Gym battle was a shame, but it was good to see Gantetsu. And as much as I liked the Digda mecha, I wish that the plot at the well had been like how it was in the G/S/C games.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12