Thread: A Farfetch'd Tale! (147)

Default A Farfetch'd Tale! (147)

A Farfetch'd Tale!

Walking through Ilex forest, Ash & Co. come across a kid trying to teach his Farfetch'd cut to cut down trees to make Charcoal. But the Farfetch'd ends up running away. Can Ash & Co. find it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Even after four years, this episode still ranks as my least favorite episode of pokemon. It's not so much the story or the father or anything, but it's because poor James starves the entire episode. I really feel bad for him, and I wish they could have given him a chance to eat. Jessie and Meowth stole his only meal. This is one of the hardest episodes for me to watch. The only thing I do like about it is that it's the last time Jessie has Licktung the whole episode. Yay!

I thought this episode was okay. it wasnt bad, but it wasnt good either. At least they put Farfetch'd in another episode.

an ok filler episode

5/10

merry christmas!

A rather non-exciting episode if you ask me -_-, but still alright with me, at least we see a rare appearance of Farfetch'd

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

An ok filler wasn't to impressed by it.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

it was a while since i saw this episode, as far as i can remember it was a decent episode.

It was decent. Kinda funny how he kept calling it a "Cutting Attack".

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Funny episode with my fave bird Pokemon...lol ''Cutting Attack''
    i only saw the dutch one so yeah...
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

It was a decent episode. I like how they showed farfetch'd again. It is also good to note that Farfetch'd is completely useless without its leek. It was funny how he kept calling it cutting attack. Iin the end he messes up his attacks again by telling Farfetch'd to use fury...i assume he meant fury swipes. I also thought it was funny how Pineco wanted to selfdestruct as soon as it is released from its pokeball.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

I'm just wondering how purifying charcoal can also purify water. Apparently, that was brought up in the episode.

Haha, poor James went hungry! He's the nicest of the group, so I felt bad when he was left starving for the poor episode.

I hated that Sylvester kid. He was a douche.

Rather forgettable episode... I didn't even like this plot point in the games, and the anim&#233; wasn't much better.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Great episode. i loved how the friends help to the kid with the Farfetch'd.
    and i loved to see a Magmar.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Sigh....reminded me of when I was playing the games when I first saw this episode. Back then, I didn't care about fillers, I was just happy to watch a new episode pokemon.

I watched the Japanese version, and it was just as good as the dubbed verions which is rare :/

I liked that the included a game plot into the anime. Farfetch'd runs away and Ash and Co. plus the COTD go looking for it. I liked that they remembered the Forest Shrine though of course no Celebi

The whole Charcoal thing was rather confusing, all the work for a chunk of wood? I don't consider this to be Filler though, despite it's forgetable plot. 4/10

I felt sorry for this kid at first when his dad appeared but after a while I figured that his dad was right. Farfetch'd was made out to be a very cool Pok&#233;mon in this episode making him now one of my favorite Kanto Pok&#233;mon solely because of this episode.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Didn't like this episode. Another Farfetch'd filler episode... This 1 unlike the others was necessary to show the Charcoal scenes for the 1st time. Seeing a Magmar again was very cool.

14/100

I didn't like this filler. I don't really like Farfetch'd either. Seeing Magmar again was cool though.

4.5/10

I don't like Farfetch'd, but this episode was good. The father of Sylvester was scary and mean, but Sylvester didn't deserve better. Lickitung got some deserved screen time, because he was going to be traded for Wobbufet an episode later. Psyduck was awesome again, and it was nice to see a Magmar. 8/10.

It's Wobbuffet!
    The best part of this episode was seeing that shrine! This episode was so boring. That first Farfetch'd episode in the first series was so much better! I suppose Team Rocket made this one somewhat interesting.

xxx

I can't say I like this episode, but I can't say it's TOO bad either.
    4.5/10
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

I for once classify this episode as "that episode that stands symbol for the people that complain about the negative aspects of the Johto saga"

This one nothing more than a mediocre episode, centered around a Pokémon that WAS already introduced a while ago and a character of the day that is more predictable than guessing what your next dinner is going to be. A good point was maybe the whole synopsis, but even the pillars of this episode aren't that strong to avoid criticism for lack of creativity and originality.

An okay episode, was a little boring in the beginning though. I loved how Psyduck appeared, he always makes episodes better. I felt so bad for Sylvester because he kept feeling sorry for himself but then got the confidence he needed in the end from Ash, which was great.

It was okay, but it wasn't good at the same time. I like how Silvester's dad told him the right thing about Pokemon. One would think that he would have said something completely wrong.

Poor James, he didn't get any food the entire episode.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

Sigh. I was disappointed by the Ilex Forest's design in the anime; it looked like any generic forest that we've seen before, which was upsetting. Anyway, Team Rocket's plan to steal Farfetch'd and sell it caught me off guard; they usually steal Pokemon with the intention of giving them to Giovanni, so that was a cool change.