Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tricks Of The Trade! (148)

Default Tricks Of The Trade! (148)

Tricks Of The Trade!

On the way to Goldenrod City, Ash enters a town obsessed in trading. He gets approached by a guy who wants to trade his Wobbuffet, however Ash doesnt want to trade but says he will help him find a Pokemon to trade. Also theres a Tauros running Tournement there which Ash wants to enter. Will Ash win and find a Pokémon to trade for Benny's Wobbuffet?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Factory Head Noland Guest

This episode changed Team Rocket's motto for the better! Although I do miss Lickitung, I like Wobbuffet better. Lol! Jessie didn't even know that she had traded Lickitung!
    The Tauros Tournament was good and Ash done great in it.

Lickitung is my least favorite pokemon, heracross is also a least favorite, and Wobbuffet is obviously my favorite pokemon, so you can guess how much I love this episode. It may be only my *second*-favorite episode, but it still is one of the greatest episodes featuring lineup changes. Plus, I LOVE Wobbuffet!!!

I guess it should be brought up that Wobbafett is only of Team Rocket's Pokemon to win against the twerps since "Ash catches a Pokemon".

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Did anyone notice how...depressed Wobba seemed to be when he was tagging along with Benny, and when it ended up with Team Rocket it seemed to open up and become much happier? And as he was about to be traded, Wobba seemed to put on a smile and let out an elated 'Wobb!'. Maybe I'm just reading into it much, but sometimes I wonder if Benny mistreated Wobbuffet as it certainly didn't seem all too happy being with him x.x;
    Last edited by Gravy; 25th October 2004 at 1:46 PM.

Wobbuffet is one of the best TR Pokemon ever! I wonder how Lickitung is being treated? But, I'm glad Jessie got Wobbuffet.

Factory Head Noland Guest

It really is! I think Wobbuffet is just awesome.

Do you think that we will ever see Lickitung again?

Even though I don't like Lickitung, I think it would be great to have it and Benny back again just to bring some closure.

Talking funny

i thought that it was funny when jessie traded n=her pokemon with out even knowing. it is a great ep a must see

watchermark Guest

Yeah, this episode changed Team Rocket forever, as Wobbuffet pretty much became the mainstay of TR. I was a bit ****** off at first as I quite liked Lickitung, but then Wobbuffet grew on me, and the rest is history!

Ororo Munroe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Benny mistreated Wobbuffet as it certainly didn't seem all too happy being with him.
    Well Jessie seems to mistreat it as well. But maybe you're right and Wobbuffet didn't like Benny because IIRC Benny was just training him so he could trade him.

I'll be honest, I seriously DID NOT like Wobbuffet when it first joined Team Rocket. But I guess after about 3-4 years watching episodes with it in it, I guess Wobbuffet kind of grew on me.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

They really should show what happened to Lickatung. He needs closure.
    idk what to put here sooo.

I liked Lickitung too, but I love Wobbuffet. I didn't either at first but it grew on me (Wobbuffet looks like something that would grow on you XD).

This episode is action-packed. Ash enter a Tauros Tournament, Jesse trades Lickitung, everyone wants Misty's Psyduck. A Must-See!
    [IMG]http://i7.*******.com/24xntw7.jpg[/IMG]
    It's Jesse Baby

I was re-watching this episode yesterday and have been wondering about this for the past few years...

The guy to the right...Is he Tracey's long lost brother?

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Zen Guest

the only good thing in this episode was Wobbuffet at Team Rocket. I don't think Lickitung should have been out of TR, Ash made the fool, he had lots of Tauros and he didn't trade anyone, and that Tauros race was awful, due to that is copied of an Spanish disgusting tradition related to bullfighting

I'd like to see Lickitung again, just for continuity reasons. And because it was one of my favorite TR Pokemon.

But anyways, this episode was clearly one of the best Johto episodes, which isn't really saying much but whatever. I loved this one.

Monster Guest

I agree, I like Lickitung was one of my favorite Team Rocket Pokemon too. I'd love to see it again, maybe we will now since TR is traveling Kanto again. Actually wait, the trade happened in Johto. Nevermind. Anyway, this episode was awesome, especially the Tauros competition.

I love becuase it was a secound favorite pokemon. My first favorite pokemon was . I also loved the part when some Pokemon Trainers traded thier pokemon for Misty's Psyduck and the part when Jessie traded Lickitung for Benny's Wobbufett. BTW, the Hoothoot from this episode reminded me of the Hoothoot from the previous Johto Episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Factory Head Noland
    It really is! I think Wobbuffet is just awesome.
    [B]
    Do you think that we will ever see Lickitung again?[B]
    With these writers, don't get your hopes up. I liked this episode, and it was sad to see Lickitung go.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS.

I'm getting excited because it's nearly been five years since this episode first aired in the U.S. (March 24, 2001). I'm planning a mini-marathon of my favorite Wobbuffet episodes to celebrate in late March.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 7/15 NEW!! 7/24
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:
    To reclaim:

Oh! This is one of my all time favorite episodes! Jessie gets a Wobby and loses that ugly Tung yay! The plot was great and i enjoyed it the whole way through.

Quote Originally Posted by Medea View Post
    I was re-watching this episode yesterday and have been wondering about this for the past few years...

The guy to the right...Is he Tracey's long lost brother?
    I remember that guy from when I first saw the episode. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he was played by Ted Lewis (the one line he said sounded a lot like him).

Anyways, this episode had its ups and downs. For one, it was slightly more entertaining than the other trading episode we had seen (Battle Aboard the St. Anne) because the Pokemon that was traded actually was kept by its trainer instead of traded back.

But at the same time, I was sad to see Ash send his Heracross to Professor Oak's. Heracross was strong, and I don't believe it needed to be sent to Oak's. The only times we've seen it since are when Ash goes to Pallet Town, in the Johto League and
        Spoiler:- :
    At least it's better than that rumor I heard years ago that Ash gave Heracross to a student who was studying Pokemon. Then we would NEVER have seen it again.

Great debut ep for Wobuffet, although I didn't like Ash sending his Heracross back to Prof. Oak's lab. He was just getting used to that bug pokemon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast