Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Fire-ring Squad (149)

A Firing Contest? I must have been blind, Johto had tons of Contests and Competitions between Gym Battles. I loved this.

It was so good to see Ash's best water type (Squirtle) make such a big impression at the Contest. Even better to see it's old gang again. I was sad to see it go just when Johto had started...

We'll see it again, but the cast felt empty with one of it's strongest members gone. 7/10

Squirtle squad being brought back was definitely surpriseing at that time. I never thought it would leave, but Ash really doesn't need two Water pokemon(Totodile)in his team. At least Squirtle showed its power in this tournament. It always was a leader even in Ash's team. Ash should be very pround his has that Squirtle.

This episode was ok. I really didn't like that Squirtle left the team and only re-join parttime for important episodes and battles even though it was necessary... For me Squirtle > Totodile. It was great however seeing the Squirtle Squad defeat the Wartortle Team.

20/100

I really injoyed this episode. It was nice to see Wartortle again. Also happy Squirtle got his own episode. The tormanent was a great idea good to see they beat the Wartortle.Sad to see Squirtle leave though.

10/10

Was there an actual reason given as to why Heracross was not sent back to Ash at the beginning of the episode? It's like the writers were DETERMINED to keep his team babies...
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

This episode was so sad... Squirtle leaving... It was probably done to create room for Totodile... Aiden made a cool second appearance, and the fire fighting competition was cool, nice and original. Psyduck was the best thing about this episode. 8/10.

It's Houndour!
    The Squirtle Squad. =D The burning house challenge was funny, especially when Psyduck got blasted into the house. "Roasted Psyduck!!!" Quite shameful that a load of Muk beat Ash lol. Not much actually happened in this episode but it was still a fun one to watch! Sad to see Squirtle leaving though.
    Last edited by Calamity™; 8th March 2012 at 5:56 PM.

xxx

A great episode. I love Misty's Psyduck. I can't help but laugh, I love that duck. Seeing Captain Aiden & the Wartortle team again was nice. I liked how Misty explained to Brock who they were. It was sad seeing Squirtle go. Lastly, I don't know why Ash didn't use Misty's Poliwag as well since Psyduck didn't know any water attacks.
    Last edited by Blessed; 7th July 2013 at 9:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    A great episode, LOL I LOVE Misty's psyduck I can't help but laugh I love that duck.
    I love Psyduck as well! He's so awesome!

It was sad seeing Squirtle go -sigh- why do all of Ash's pokemon have to leave?
    Because the writers are mean...

Lastly I don't know why Ash didn't use Misty's Poliwag as well since Psyduck didn't know any water attacks.
    Agreed, Ash should've known Psyduck has no use in that competition.

Do you cry about this episode? I cry when I rewatch it, but I don't cry about just thinking about it. The only departures making me burst out in tears are Butterfree, Misty and Togetic, and to a lesser extent Pidgeot (especially because of the way in which it got released, and Ash breaking his promise).

This episode was nice to see Squirtle so determined. It would have been nice if Misty chose to be a fire fighter due to her water Pokemon and what not. But never mind.

My ideal battle ever!

I agree with that person on the previous page that the writers seemed to erase a lot of Kanto's legacy - favoring the newer Johto Pokémon(Which I don't have much complains about, seeing as it seems logical why they wanted to refresh Ash's party with newer Pokémon) But still, it went fast. Last episode with Lickitung, a Kanto Pokémon, being traded for a Wobbuffet, a Johto Pokémon and now this episode.

Oh well, at least they didn't scrap Squirtle totally. Same goes for Charizard and Bulbassaur. And yeah sunglasses

I love that Ash borrowed Staryu and Psyduck from Misty. And when Staryu mistakenly sprayed Psyduck in the burning house was the highlight of the episode for me. It was cool to see it sweatdrop as well.

Good to see Zenigame eventually went back to Junsa san after the firefighting competition. The group needs a leader and Satoshi's Zenigame show a great leadership. More importantly I love the final between Zenigame and Kameil such that Zenigame won against their evolved forms.

Cool to see Aiden and his Wartortle squad again.
    As well as the Squirtle Squad.

Sad to see Squirtle leave, though.
    It was cute the way Squirtle and Bulbasaur said goodbye to each other. one Pokemon to another.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12