Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hour Of The Houndour! (152)

Default Hour Of The Houndour! (152)

Hour Of The Houndour!

When some Houndour go around stealing food, Ash & co. devise a plan to try and stop them. But when they find out that one of the Houndour is injured, they try to help, but Team Rocket soon come after the Houndour. Will they heal the injured Houndour?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This episode was pretty interesting in that they showcased houndours as a little less of the devil dog than they appear to be. They certainly did the same the next year with the houndoom and Togepi episode.

The part I liked the best, however, was when Jessie, James, and Meowth fight over the ham and kick up a bunch of dust, and when the smoke clears Wobbuffet's out of his pokeball without even hearing it open.

Indeed, this was a very good filler. Too bad Ash never "Catches" the Pokemon he befriends. :/

rock_blast Guest

In this episode I like the part in which a Golem beat the Houndour's Leader!

This was a great episode, but i was surprised when ash didnt catch houndour at the end

lightspeed Guest

I love this episode, it was really interesting, I was hoping that Ash would catch one of them but he didn't.

filler but good
    10/10

merry christmas!

Good filler, with Houdours , but Ash should have gotten Houndour, it would be great on his team

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

A very nice filler nice to see the Houndour. Anyone catch the fact that Ash said his Pokeballs and Pokedex were in his pack then just a couple of segments later he has both with him before he finds his pack.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I really dont have any strong feelings for this ep, it 'twas but a filler.

Credit to Ruki for this.....magically awsome banner!!
    (\__/)
    (+'.'+)
    (")_(")
    This is my fatty butt bunny named Charlie. Feed her.

Houndour is one of my favorite Pokemon.
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    A very nice filler nice to see the Houndour. Anyone catch the fact that Ash said his Pokeballs and Pokedex were in his pack then just a couple of segments later he has both with him before he finds his pack.
    Actually when he checked his pockets, he was making sure that the balls and dex were in his pockets, rather than in the bag. He said right after that his important things (Pokeballs, Pokedex, and badges) were always kept in his pockets.
    A proud member of:SPPf Christian Alliance

When I asked Jesus how much he loved me, he said "This much."
    Then he stretched out his arms...and died for me.

Click so they hatch and grow:

why didn't ash catch that houndour? they were friends right?

This is a good episode. Houndours are so awesome. It wasn't necessary for Ash to have one, though. (to the above posters)
    Last edited by Igottapoo; 8th January 2009 at 10:01 AM.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I love this episode, Houndour is my favorite Dark/Fire Pokemon
    great how they made the story for this episode
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I was really hoping Ash was going to catch a Houndour. I think it would have made a great addition to his team. I felt bad for the sick Houndour, and I can understand why his pack was stealing food. I thought it was funny when Team Rocket was fighting over the ham and then a Houndour takes it without them noticing. I don't understand how Nurse Joy didn't hear Team Rocket take her ham in the first place. They were talking a lot, and I believe Wobuffet even popped out.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Jeez, Nurse Joy puts down her groceries to get ice cream and she's surprised when they get stolen. The hell did she think would happen? Christ.

Wow, I'm actually kind of surprised that Ash didn't get that Houndour. It challenged him personally, you'd think he would have caught it. Oh well, he's got Charizard and Cyndaquil already. It'd be kind of redundant imo.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Great episode, one of my favorite in this season.
    I loved how Ash help to the Houndour, it was amazing.
    And those Houndour weren't so bad.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Indeed, this was a very good filler. Too bad Ash never "Catches" the Pokemon he befriends. :/
    Haha just not the ones that you want him to catch! It was nice to see one good houndour, because usually they're all bad in the epidoes/movies they're in.

Typical mutts. These Houndour remind me of the disgusting beasts we have roaming our streets stealing food from our trash cans. I can relate to the character's frustrations because of my own experiences.

I liked that Ash and the main Houndour had something going on. Again, a great oppurtunity to give Ash a cool Pokemon, missed.

Overall, it was almost Filler in quality since it wasn't anything I hadn't seen before. 5/10

I think Ash should have captured that sick Houndour after it became healthy. But never mind, the help was more important than that

I never thought about it but does Pikachu used Leer in the episode VS Houndour? It really looke like that.

Since there were like only 6 Houndour Ash could of caught the whole pack. They could of been a smaller Johto version of his Tauros herd. It was obvious they all liked him at the end.
    Last edited by World Turtle; 17th July 2010 at 11:40 PM.

I liked it near the end when the Houndour started licking Ash's face. That was a really cute scene.

This was a really cool episode. Seeing Houndour for the 1st time was awesome! I really wish Ash would've caught Houndour at the end after saving it. Didn't like seeing the Houndour getting beaten up by the Rock/Ground Pokemon though.

59/100

This was a good episode. It was really nice seeing Houndour for the first time also. Ash should've caught it. It was cute when Houndour was licking Ash's face.

8/10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast