Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Totodile Duel (153)

Good battle. I love when we saw other person than Ash fight.

I'm glad Ash got to keep Totodile. I think Ash needed it since he let his Squirtle return with the Squirtle Squad. I am also glad that Misty's Poliwag evolved into Poliwhirl. I thought it was an excellent idea to use Togepi to fight Pikachu. So far Pikachu has refused to fight against Misty both times thay have fought. I think it's cute how Totodile dances all the time.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

My favorite episode of johto, loved the battle between Ash and Misty and totodile has become one of my favourite of Ash's pokemon

I'm glad Ash got Totodile because Misty has a ranchload of Water types. Although, a water type starter for Misty would be nice.

I thought it was so funny when Pikachu refused to battle Togepi, especially when Pikachu ran to a rock and started sweating.

I liked this episode Misty and Ash rematch but Totodile better off with Misty but the other hand no Misty is very storming if she can't handle her Psyduck then she can't handle Totodile...
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

I think misty really shouldve caught totodile so it wouldnt rott in its pokeball and maybe wouldve evolved/

ash got the really rare dancing totodile. :P
    Team Palkia
    <--- Palkia's 3D twin

Ah, this is one of my favorite Johto episodes ever. I love the way that both Ash and Misty were vying for Totodile, and that they had to battle over it was awesome. I also love how Misty sent Togepi to fight Pikachu, effectively eliminating the biggest threat against her team XD Ash gets a Totodile and Misty gets Poliwhirl, definitely a fair trade-off if you ask me. A fun episode with a satisfying ending
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Lmao Misty doesn't give a sht about totodile anymore.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Great battle
    I loved how Bulbasaur beat poliwhirl although it evolved, it was cool...
    And Totodile was very funny
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Sort of odd how a normal day of fishing turned into a battle for Totodile...

I'm glad we got to see Misty fight for once. I forgot what she had on her team. I'm surprised Poliwag evolved into Poliwhirl too.

Ash got Totodile as he should. 6/10

Ash rightfully got Totodile. It seems to me that Misty had forgotten that Ash recently lost his squirtle to the Squirtle squad. Not to bash Misty, but when it comes to water pokemon she goes nuts.

One of my favorite episodes in the 3rd season.
    I really can't understand why Misty wanted that Totodile, especially when she had a Poliwhirl during the battle. After the evolution, she should have retired. Ash won it fair and square.

This was a cool episode. Seeing Totodile for the 1st time and Ash catching it was great! I'm very glad Poliwag evolved in this episode.

68/100

Looking back on the Johto series, and comparing how much Ash battled with Bayleef and Cyndaquil and the others compared to Totodile, I realize that Totodile wasn't really used that much...Not much for any of his major matches anyways....I disagree with the decision to let Ash have Totodile...it would've been better off with Misty...

Ash hasn't really called on it since he caught it for major matches, and at least with Misty it probably would be a Feraligatr now so...

Totodile's voice is hecka gross, IMO. But whatever, it's still somewhat cute. Didn't really feel this episode.
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

I liked the idea of this episode. I like the outcome of the battle and how Poliwag evolved . 8/10

I liked the outcome of the episode: Misty happy with Poliwhirl and Ash happy with Totodile. It was funny how Ash and Misty were fighting about it, and Togepi defeating Pikachu. When I saw this one for the first time, when Brock took the Lure Ball which contained Totodile, I thought he was going to keep Totodile himself... Ash and Misty had a good battle, it was nice to see them battling. All in all, great episode, just like all Jotho ones, 10/10.

i rewatched this episode today and i really liked it. ash should have battled misty much more often. loved how togepi was a real weapon against pikachu

Quote Originally Posted by Champion Jared 14 View Post
    Looking back on the Johto series, and comparing how much Ash battled with Bayleef and Cyndaquil and the others compared to Totodile, I realize that Totodile wasn't really used that much...Not much for any of his major matches anyways....I disagree with the decision to let Ash have Totodile...it would've been better off with Misty...

Ash hasn't really called on it since he caught it for major matches, and at least with Misty it probably would be a Feraligatr now so...
    Totodile was alittle too wacky for Misty. She already had high blood pressure with Psyduck.

My ideal battle ever!

It's Pichu!
    It was so not fair of Ash to use them Pokémon against Misty. After Poliwag evolved, I thought it would have been more fair for Misty to have won. She should have won that Totodile. :< But for someone who doesn't battle a lot, she sure was a good opponent.

xxx

I love this episode!! nice to see Ash and Misty renew their rivalry, that began when they first met, and seeing Totodile, such a cute water pokemon was nice. Although to be honest, I think Misty should have kept Totodile. Why should Ash have all the starters? & second of all it's rotting in Oak's lab right now. If Misty had it she would train it to be strong & love it more than Ash would. But at least didn't make her sad about it, since her Poliwag evolved.

?

If Misty got Totodile, it would have gotten even less screen time and rot even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    ?

If Misty got Totodile, it would have gotten even less screen time and rot even more.
    Not really. In that case she probably wouldn't catch Corsola with Totodile getting same amount of focus like her most active pokemon Corsola and Poliwhirl did. Which received more or less equal amount of focus as Ash Totodile did.

I think it was mistake to give Ash all three starters in Johto competing with his Kanto trio, which resulted in underdeveloped and poorly handled Johto team.

At least with Misty Totodile would have get better training since she is water trainer with water types being her specialty(Poliwhirl had bigger win record than Ash Totodile in JOhto), and actually have chance to evolve considering how it would likely be used in gym battles gaining experience. As opposite to rotting at Oaks lab.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast