Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Matches! (154)

Default Hot Matches! (154)

Hot Matches!

After battling a trainer with a Skarmory, Ash decides he must train his Cyndaquil better so it can finally beat it. To do this, he must get his Cyndaquil to get over it's shyness and be able to use Fire attacks immediately. Can Ash do this?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Factory Head Noland Guest

This was a tough battle for Ash's Cyndaquil! Even Brock's Vulpix lost to the Skarmory in battle, I'm so glad that Cyndaquil learned how to light it's flame in this episode because it was kind of weak with only Swift and Quick Attack.

This WAS a good episode, great storyline, the intense training Ash gave to his Cyndaquil reminded me of one of the Rocky movies where he fought the Russian bloke(fouth was it?).

Lucky though, Ash should have been creamed first time round when Skarmony was about to knock out a weakened Cyndaquil with a Steel Wing, but Team Rocket interfered lol.

I was disappointed in Brock, thought he would of gave her a better match, after all this guy was a gym leader!

It's too bad that vulpix didn't really stand a chance against skarmory, we hardly ever got to see it battle. At least this episode was great for turning Cyndaquil into a decent fighter. My favorite part of the episode had to be where Ash was trying to demonstrate to Cyndaquil how to get his flame going. LOL, I wonder why nobody's put *that* picture in the picture caption thread yet, it's just asking for one.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

lightspeed Guest

I love this episode, Cyndaquil was awesome, defeating the powerful Skarmory in the rematch. I love the part where Ash and Cyndaquil trained together, it was cool. Overall, a great episode.

Great filler episode with a great filler character (Mickey) who looks a bit like Sora of Digimon Season 1

An alright episode with one intense battle, I'd say, I mean, it looked like Ash was going to lose again

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

This episode was pretty cool.

It seemed to showcase Skarmory/Airmd's power. I thought it was a bit too strong. Didn't it take Satoshi something like Three Pokemon to defeat it?
    Member of the Following Clubs:
    The SPP Atheist Alliance
    The Kenta/Jimmy/Gold Fanclub Version 2.0
    The Japanese Language Club
    The Digimon Club, Version 3.0

Excellent episode with an excellent battle, Skarmory is definitely on of my favorite bird Pokemon. I'm a bit surprised they didn't go with a Totodile episode coming off of Ash catching one last episode, but it's always nice to see Cyndaquil.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I'm so proud of little Cyndaquil!
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

oh man i guess i've must have missed this episode
    how does it end?

Good episode. It's nice that Cyndaquil can do Fire attacks whenever now. I love Cyndaquil.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

That Skarmory is strong! If it could tolerate a Flame Thrower then that Skarmory was trained well. Of course, at the end, Cyndaquil wins in the second battle.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I think it was nice that Ash never gave up on Cyndaquil and then it managed to prove that it wasn't useless.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I think i never saw this episode, good that Cyndaquil learn a good attack to beat Skarmory
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Episode was great! That Skarmory battle was really cool...

I am so glad that Cyndaquil learned how to control its flame. That Skarmory was also really strong, being able to withstand Cyndaquil's flamethrower. I liked that we got to see Brock battle. However, I thought he would have been able to put up a better fight. I guess he has lost a lot of his skills since leaving the gym. I liked the training that Ash and Cyndaquil did, and it obviously paid off. Now I hope he learns to train all of his pokemon just as hard, mainly Chikorita and Totodile.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

You do realize that episode aired a long time ago, and that Chikorita is now a Bayleef, and it's highly unlikely any of Ash's Sinnoh Pokemon will ever join his party again?
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Aw, Ash and Cyndaquil, working together to defeat an awesome Skarmory. Haha, at least it's able to finally light its flame on command now. I'm glad it finally learned how :3
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Great Cyndaquil episode.
    i realy loved how it beat Skarmory, especially after some training it does.
    and it was good to see Brock battles again.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Wow a great episode in which Cyndaquil's and Ash's potential in battling the odds were met, I havnt seen this one in years though, Imo it was a good episode to watch.

Good for Cyndaquil that he learned how to control his flames.

7.5/10

I'm glad Cyndaquil learned to control when it's flames appeared.

Funny that other Cyndaquil can do so right from birth. I liked that Skarmory was the Pokemon it battled against. I've always liked Skarmory and it's Steel attacks.

Great training episode, one of my favorites, 8/10

The best part of this episode was when Ash was trying to get Cyndaquil to use it flame faster. Ash looks like he is really trying to get something out. It was good to see an episode about Cyndaquil after so long.

This is a great episode and contains some good character deveopment for Cyndaquil. This is one of those episodes what a lot of people would dismiss as filler when in fact, it is actually an important episode because of Cyndaquil learning to control the flame on its back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast