Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Psychic Sidekicks! (158)

Default The Psychic Sidekicks! (158)

The Psychic Sidekicks!

Heading to Goldenrod, Ash & Co. Meet a trainer and her Girafarig...she explains how there are many ghost Pokémon in the area and you need a Psychic Pokémon to ward off their attacks. However Team Rocket appear and start kidnapping everyone's Psychic Pokémon. Can Ash & Co. Stop them?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I really enjoyed this episode, one of the better "late" JJ fillers. It was a good episode to showcase Girafarig, and I liked the assortment of Psychic Pokemon that were shown such as Mr. Mime.

This wasn't the greatest episode, but I did like the whole issue about the girl wanting to be closer to her girafarig like Ash is with Pikachu was a good story. I like that she and girafarig finally got to communicate the way she was hoping for in the final act. I also liked Team Rocket's machine, which was definitely impressive and effective even though it wasn't a full machine.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

i enjoyed this episode a lot! future sight was so cool!!! 10/10 because of that!

Ruben Perez Guest

My favorite episode! I even have the master copy of this episode from Cartoon Network since September 15 2004.

one of the small varierity of episodes wich include girafaaif its kind of good

8/10

merry christmas!

A rare episode where Girafarig show up, and yeah, Future Sight is really cool in here

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

A nice filler episode, I like that they showed Girafarig (the Palindrome Pokemon) a favorite of mine. Interesting that the gang never thought to use Noctowl for the Ghost Pokemon seeing as how Noctowl has psychic attacks, also Psychic Pokemon are weak against Ghost Pokemon so other than Foresight why would they raise psychic Pokemon to ward off attacks and no one even thought to try physical attacks on TR's machine after they found out it was a machine.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I realized that it was Cherrie, the trainer who obtained the Girafarig in this ep. And of course, I loved on how Girafarig did Future Sight. The funniest thing on this episode is that at first, Ash touched a tail of a Girafarig(when he didn't know at first) and it almost bit his finger and also when Psyduck got a headache on his head after confusing Girafarig's tail and automatically returning to it's Pokeball!

I loved the part where Future Sight kicked in. It was hilarious!
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

i give a 9/10 for this episode, it was very enjoyable^^

Good episode. I love Girafarig. Future sight was pretty cool btw ^_^

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

It was a good episode, Girafarig is a cool and cute Pokemon
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This was a good episode. It was good to see Girafarig, and its future sight was really powerful. I wondered why Ash never thought of using Noctowl in the forest agianst the ghost pokemon. It is just like how Hoothoot was required to get through the forest earlier in the series. I am glad that Cherrie and Girafarig were finally able to communicate psychically.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

I give this 9/10 it was a great episode I like how they were so surprised with future sight lol and I loved the huge Gengar
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

The first time I saw Girafarig, I remember going "O_o what the hell is THAT?!" It had a strong psychic bond with that Cherrie trainer, so seeing them save the day was okay. Really a boring filler, I can't remember much at all about it.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I loved the battle vs Girafarig, it was great
    And it was good to see so many psychic pokemon in one episode..
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Lol. I remember when this one came out in the US. It was a "lost episode" they aired right before the debut of Johto League Champions.

It was good. Really good. A town full of people with Psychic types? Almost like the opposite of Lavender Town in a way.

Loved how Team Rocket's Gengar robot reflected Psychic attacks with just a mirror. Remind me of how they hypnotized Hypno with a mirrion in Kanto. 10/10

Another reason why Johto sucked was because they should have used this lost episode for something else like a legendary, something like Whirlpool Islands The Lost episodes, or a two parter lost episode about Lance or what happened to Koga. (sigh) So many ideas, so little done with them.

My ideal battle ever!

This was an ok episode... It was really cool seeing Giraferig and Future Sight for the 1st time. The battle with Ash vs Giraferig was really cool.

30/100

This episode was alright. Cool to see Girafarig for the first time and his demon tail. Future sight was a very cool moves.

8/10

Nice to see a Girafarig debute. Team Rocket had a cool Gengar mecha, and the town of people with Psychic types was nice as well. Psyduck in the beginning was so awesome! Ash got bitten in his finger, which also made me laugh. Ash had a good battle as well. 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Another reason why Johto sucked was because they should have used this lost episode for something else like a legendary, something like Whirlpool Islands The Lost episodes, or a two parter lost episode about Lance or what happened to Koga. (sigh) So many ideas, so little done with them.
    This seemed just like an old filler to me. I also like Cherrie and ash as a shipping couple. However, I liked the the town had all Psychic Pokemon there.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

It's Ursaring!
    I love how they actually thought Psyduck would be useful, and it goes back to it's Pokéball within a minute! I wasn't too bothered about seeing Girafarig, but the Psychic Trainers thing was interesting. Although looking back at the Kanto episodes, no one could be a better Psychic than Sabrina was!! Team Rocket's Gengar machine was amazing! Almost as good as that Arbotank. It's a shame they had to do the motto and reveal themselves, otherwise they could have probably just left with a few Pokémon!

xxx

An okay episode, Psyduck slays as usual & Cherrie is a cute girl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast