Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Fortune Hunters! (159)

Default The Fortune Hunters! (159)

The Fortune Hunters!

Almost At Goldenrod, Ash & Co. come across a Breeding Centre which is giving away Pokémon Fortune books that tell everyone their fortunes by their Pokémon sign. However things dont quite fit right for Misty and she goes to investigate...what will she find?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Say hello to the greatest Johto episode that is not towards the end of Master Quest.
    This is the ONLY episode ever in the show, I can remember actually laughing out loud too, others have got a chuckle or something, but this one had me rolling. I like James just for this episode actually, that is how great his performance was.

Mistystar89 Guest

This was one of my favorite Johto episodes since Misty's reactions to being a Gyarodos was so funny XD James acting as a Moltres was super funny too XDD I wonder what Misty's real pokemon personality is...

The third appearance of Butch and Cassidy, and this pretty much cemented their cult following among the fans, I think. It's a shame they never released this episode on DVD.

Am I the only one who was bothered by the fact that Giovanni was hidden in the shadows in this episode? I mean, we already knew who he is, and he'd been seen out of the shadows a few times before. Probably just slipped the animators' minds (like Krabby showing up in Oak's lab a few episodes later).

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

This is one of my favorite episodes, and it's too bad that it hasn't been put out on tape/DVD. Seeing James go on a major ego trip is a delight to watch, and it was fun seeing Butch and Cassidy again. I also really loved the parts with Misty steamed that she was a gyarados type, and everyone agreed with it. This episode also has one of my all-time favorite lines:

Butch (on James in his Moltres costume): I knew he was a loony bird, but this is ridiculous.

The fact that Kojirou ran around in a Moltres outfit without knowing the whole thing was a scam was really hilarious. XD

My only beef with this episode? The dub. The return of Butch "Chain Smoker Voice" and Eric Stuart made James sound REALLY annoying because of the way he makes his voice. >_o James was supposed to sound overconfident, not LOUD AND OBNOXIOUS. T__T;

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

LOL. A great Misty episode. It showed her anger well XD. I give it a 10/10 cause Misty was just so cool!

Reach high,
    For
    stars lie hidden in your soul.
    Dream deep,
    For every
    dream precedes the goal.

+:: Ralph Vaull Starr ::+

this is funniest episode in the Jotho Series. I remebered I recored this show a couple for years back and I don;t know what James' true Pokemon sign is. I will find out for myself!

I love this epy! the best one in jhoto! it made me laugh so hard >w<!!! i think i record this.. i hope i did ^_^ James being so annoying, love it >_^

Banner and sprites made by the amazing Hakuryuu! Thanks! <3

I love you Dara <33

8/11/07

"FAIYAA KOJIROU!" XD

Heheh, I loved this episode. The ones centered around Kojirou are always great. It was hilarious to see him acting so dramatic and confident, especially wearing that ridiculous Fire outfit.

And it's always nice to see Yamato and Kosaburo. This was before the Housous made them into bumbling idiots too. Poor Koji was actually doing well against them before they told him the whole thing was just a scam. XD

Soonansu was pretty cool in this ep too. Makes me wish Musashi would actually use him in battle more often.
    ~

one of the best jotho episodes

10/10

merry christmas!

One of the greatest episodes in Johto, this one is particuarly interesting with the fortunes and everything

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Heh. This was the episode that had Fire Kojirou/Moltres James. Funny.

Another Pokemon Center Rip-Off/Scheme, how original!
    Member of the Following Clubs:
    The SPP Atheist Alliance
    The Kenta/Jimmy/Gold Fanclub Version 2.0
    The Japanese Language Club
    The Digimon Club, Version 3.0

lol what do u think the final real pokemon fortunes were

i say
    ash-pikachu
    brock-chancey (nurse joy lover)
    misty-gyrados
    Pokemon Y:
    FC Chris: 0018-2193-5036
    Pokemon in My Safari: Grass Type Safari occupied by Sunkern, Petilil, and Quilladin
    Current Team:
    :658: :663: :695: :686: :681: :715:

>>>>>Come Create Your Own Pokemon Adventure<<<<<

I'd say one of the best Johto episode ever, and it was very hilarious. Gyarados definetly fits Misty's personality. James "The Mighty Moltres" wow just wow that was funny especially seeing him dress up like Moltres and actually having them hoist him on a crane rofl. I wonder what their real types were to bad the episode ended before we had a chance to find out, my guess is this.

Ash: Pikachu
    Brock: Pineco
    Misty: Gyarados
    James: Victreebel
    Jessie: Wobbuffet
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

ah, my most favourite episode of this season, I just found it funny how James tried to act like a master and how he got Victreebel to control itself for once :P

PINK FRIDAY

It makes your ears BLEED

this episode was hilarious, i wish i recorded this one.

This is a funny episode. James in that suit is hilarious.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Great episode, James in a Moltres suit is just so cute XD
    haha, i liked it so much
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This episode was hilarious. I laughed hard at the fact that James thought he was the mighty Moltres and the designated leader of Team Rocket. It actually worked for him as he got his Victreebel to obey him. I also liked how Misty's fortune was Gyrados, and everyone but her agreed with it. It was also good to see Butch and Cassidy again.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

I liked that whole horoscope bit. Brock is an Onix (yawn), Misty is a Gyarados (and that's perfect) and Ash is a Bellsprout (haha wut?). Hey, there's a system for that, but only for, like, the first 251 days of the year (back then), iirc.

Shame the book turned out to be a fake. We would have had actual pegs on the birthdays of our 5 main characters.

Am I the only one who didn't find James in a Moltres costume to be funny?
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Misty releaved to be a Gyarados was very funny....
    And i loved the battle in the end, when Misty and Ash beat Butch and Cassidy.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

It was good to see Butch and Cassidy again. And the whole 'James the Moltress' thing was just too funny!

8/10

Another Breeding Center scam? Team Rocket's Butch and Cassidy never learn, do they?

I loved this. James got some attention for once. It was nice to see him believe he was special, though I've always known that. James in his fursuit Moltres costume trying to solve things only added to this episode's epicness.

Too bad we never find out which Pokemon James is most like :S 9/10

Misty has no sense. Gyarados are like the Infernapes of the water and she's worried about image. I however thought they should have gave Ash a better Pokemon though. I'd say a Raichu.(sorry Pikachu lovers)

My ideal battle ever!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast