Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Goldenrod Opportunity! (160)

yeah ash lost this battle good thanks to that overpowered miltank, if it was a game then i eould wonder what its stats are.

If I lived in the Pokemon Universe, I would succumb to Whitney's attractiveness!

I liked this episode ^_^ Whitney's such a klutz, but she's still a nice girl. I remember battling her in GSC, I got flattened by Rollout :x Nice to see her living up to her reputation from the games! ^^
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

No kidding. She was one of the only two Johto Leaders I had a really hard time with. She is awesome though.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I too was rather bugged by Whitney's usage of a Nidorina rather than a third normal type, since Normals, in my opinion, are among the coolest and most underrated of Pokemon types, and when Whitney annouced that it would be a 3 on 3 battle, I remember getting all excited over which kind of normal-type pokemon her extra battler was going to be. When she tossed her first pokeball and a Nidorina popped out, I thought that it was SO anti-climax. I take Gryphon's point that it was probably intended to fit in more with Whitney's female theme than it was her preference for Normal types, but still...as an element type, Normal always got so little attention...not even their greatest representative (at the time, anyhow) was allowed to remain entirely true to them.

Personally, I'm happy that Whitney beat Ash in this one. It gave his Johto battling pattern a bit more variation if, every now and then, he got creamed upon his first attempt. Nonetheless, I would have liked to have seen Clefairy to kick a little butt before going down (even if it would have undermined Miltank's exceptional battling power somewhat), since we very rarely got to see her kind in proper combat. Granted, she got unlucky with that metronome thing, but the fact that she couldn't handle any of Cyndi's opposing attacks at all, and just wussed out and fled before things got gritty, seemed just a little too much on the pathetic side to me.
    Last edited by Raikipper; 4th January 2009 at 9:44 PM.

This was a good episode. But Miltank did seem a little too powerful to me.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Nice episode, Milktank is my fave Pokemon, it was strong o_o
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I find it funny when Whitney sends out milktank then ash said "Holy cow!" lol
    Last edited by BogleDominic Crazy Anime; 6th April 2009 at 4:59 PM. Reason: I didn't said ***!

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

That Milkank is strong! I can beat Milktank in the game!

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

This was a pretty good episode to kick off a new season. I liked how clueless Whitney was in trying to guide Ash, Misty, and Brock around the city. I also thought it was funny how Brock hit himself on the head to get a kiss from Whitney. I also laughed at how James didn't understand the concept of "free sample." I thought the gym battle was okay. First off I am glad Ash lost because i thought that he got kind of lucky beating Falkner and Bugsy. I never understood why Whitney used Nidorina, but oh well. And Clefairy was pretty weak. I think Whitney should just have a 1vs1 match using her Miltank. Miltank was really powerful. I remember in the game I struggled with it.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Whitney had a pretty decent opener and it was nice to see Ash lose what turned out to be his only Johto Gym loss.

Too bad the rematch in the next episode is god awful and made virtually no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Whitney had a pretty decent opener and it was nice to see Ash lose what turned out to be his only Johto Gym loss.

Too bad the rematch in the next episode is god awful and made virtually no sense.
    I loved Whitney's gym and I would have loved it if Ash had won in the actual gym rather outside in the country. What was disappointing was that at the beginning of the episode, it took a while for Ash to find Whitney. That kinda bored me, as I was expecting her to be in her gym so Ash could challenge her right away. Nonetheless, it was a good episode, and finally we got some Totodile action.

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

The only lost in Johto series Gym leader that Ash lost to was Whitney (Officially)

Haha my favorite gym leader is Whitney she not very serious like other gym leaders and I can really compare with her because I suck with direction but ash really did got pwned
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

Very fun episode, i didn't remember the Rockets hop in the magnet train. And the guy that says something like it will be finished next year (will we ever see it in the future?).

Whitney was alright! I kind of like her this time, she's so clueless about where she is though. It was a fun moment i guess.

Good battle against her, one of the few with Cyndaquil rocking, i liked it this time around after all these years lol.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

It was excellent. A tour of Kogane City and a battle with Akane-chan! Japanese stuff aside, this was an amazing episode for the anime. I love how they made Goldenrod look really modern since it's based off of Osaka. I loved the Team Rocket eating samples part as well as Whitney's lack of navigation skills haha. Tons of in-game stuff in this episode made it awesome. 10/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 9th November 2010 at 1:51 AM.

Great episode.

Too bad Ash lost, Miltank was so powerfull.

And Clefairy was too weak...

7/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Miltank sucks *** in the games! I always have a problem with it whether I have a fighting type or not. I know how Ash feels.

My ideal battle ever!

Whitney is one of my favorite Gym Leaders ever and I absolutely adored this episode. I thought that Team Rocket was actually pretty funny in this episode ad loved it when they tried to get away from Pikachu on that hand crank train thing but they were actually moving at walking pace. The battle was pretty good and it was nice to see Ash begin to face some adversity in Johto. I've never actually had any major problems battling Miltank in the original games so I can't really connect with the whole "Being killed by Whitney's Miltank" complaint.

This was a good episode. Too bad Ash had to lose this gym battle the 1st time. The way Cyndaquil defeated Nidorina was very odd and quick... Clefairy running from the battle was very strange and unexpected... Miltank was really strong! It was cool seeing Miltank for the very 1st time. Whitney's lack of navigating skills was really funny!

50/100

This was a good episode. I knew Ash would lose to MilTANK. Seeing Miltank for the first time was pretty cool.

8/10

I'm confused as to why, in-battle, Ash allowed Cyndaquil to stand face-to-face with a Metronoming Clefairy...for over a minute. Like...there was SO much downtime to get in an attack, yet Ash chose to be gentlemanly and wait to see what attack it used.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great! View Post
    I'm confused as to why, in-battle, Ash allowed Cyndaquil to stand face-to-face with a Metronoming Clefairy...for over a minute. Like...there was SO much downtime to get in an attack, yet Ash chose to be gentlemanly and wait to see what attack it used.
    Things like that seem to happen a lot during battles in the anime lol

Why did Whitney, a Normal-type Gym Leader, have a Nidorina?

Good to see Ash lose, he was put down on earth. The battle was cool, with Ash beating Nidorina and Clefairy with ease, and then Miltank beating three Pokemon. Fun match, 9/10.

It's Squirtle!
    I didn't realise the previous episode was the end of that series. It wasn't any different to most of the other episodes lol. Anyway this was a funny episode! Loved how Clefairy had to forfeit in that match after using Splash! I also loved how the episode showed the power of Whitney's Miltank, as it took down all three of Ash's Pokémon and fast. Ash being defeated was a great start to the series!

"Totodile got Miltank wet...", lol! So immature of me!

xxx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast