Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Goldenrod Opportunity! (160)

Miltank was way too overpowered. Of course Ash had no chance; even in real life if a cow falls on you it will nearly kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamitу View Post
    It's Squirtle!
    I didn't realise the previous episode was the end of that series. It wasn't any different to most of the other episodes lol. Anyway this was a funny episode! Loved how Clefairy had to forfeit in that match after using Splash! I also loved how the episode showed the power of Whitney's Miltank, as it took down all three of Ash's Pokémon and fast. Ash being defeated was a great start to the series!

"Totodile got Miltank wet...", lol! So immature of me!
    I totally agree with you. Ash needed to lose. In your VM to me you said you don't hate Ash, but this teaches him to be less cocky and arrogant. Sometimes, he needs a loss to be put back on earth. And as I also said in the VM, your joke isn't immature, it's awesome!

I really like reading your and Angel's posts in these episode threads. But it's logical, because she, you and me are OS fans.

A good and funny episode. Seeing Whitney and Misty talking was cute. Whitney was so clueless, which was very hilarious.
    Last edited by Blessed; 7th July 2013 at 10:19 PM.

Wow, Whitney's Miltank obliterated Ash. The episode itself was both hilarious and interesting-wise because of that battle between Ash and Whitney. I loved how clumsy Whitney was at the beginning and that moment when Clefairy was using Splash was extremely hilarious.

It's funny, Ash had a hard time against Whitney and people in the real world do too against her. I didn't like that Ash didn't want to recall Cyndaquil though.

Whitney was hilarious... Crashing into those doors thinking they were automatic... xDD
    I remember the first time watching that episode, I was amazed that her Miltank was so strong, after watching her crashing into those doors, I guess you start to doubt a person. xD

I thought this was a great episode. There were so many comical moments, especially these ones IMO: Meowth's "There's a Clefairy in produce!", Pikachu just walking along the rails as Team Rocket tried to get away very slowly, and Ash asking Whitney if she was the Gym's cleaning lady. I also loved how Whitney was so ditzy and didn't know her way around Goldenrod that well.

Whitney using Nidorina on her team was a bit of an odd choice IMO, but it didn't bother me that much since I like that Pokemon. I did not really like how Clefairy forfeited the battle, though I did like its epic Splash attack.

Lastly, I'll admit that back when I saw this episode for the first time, I was slightly surprised at Miltank's strength. I did not think that Ash was going to have an easy time taking the Gym Leader's best Pokemon down, but I was not expecting it to decimate Ash's Pokemon like it did because of how weak Whitney's other Pokemon were. Also, the first time I saw this was before I heard about how other people had so much trouble against Miltank in the games (I never had that hard a time against Whitney in the games).
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 15th August 2013 at 1:49 PM.

The best part of this episode was the magnet train at Kogane city in reference as the games. I was surprised that Satoshi lost this gym battle because Miltank was stronger than expected. Satoshi does not have any Fighting Pokémon so it would be a tough battle. If he has an Okorizaru then the battle will be much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    The best part of this episode was the magnet train at Kogane city in reference as the games. I was surprised that Satoshi lost this gym battle because Miltank was stronger than expected. Satoshi does not have any Fighting Pokémon so it would be a tough battle. If he has an Okorizaru then the battle will be much easier.
    Too bad Totodile never got a rematch.

I was definitely thinking "don't worry, Ash, we all know that feel." when he lost against Miltank.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikipper View Post
    When she tossed her first pokeball and a Nidorina popped out, I thought that it was SO anti-climax. I take Gryphon's point that it was probably intended to fit in more with Whitney's female theme than it was her preference for Normal types, but still...as an element type, Normal always got so little attention...not even their greatest representative (at the time, anyhow) was allowed to remain entirely true to them.
    To the bolded: I was thinking that as well when I read this paragraph.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

I personally loved that Whitney was kind of an airhead to be honest; previous Johto Gym Leaders in the anime just seemed so bland, but Whitney was fun. Anyway, seeing Whitney's Clefairy and Nidorina lose to Ash's Cyndaquil was such a bad omen. I just knew that Whitney's Miltank would beat Ash, but at least Ash got a taste of humble pie.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123