Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Time! (162)

Default Air Time! (162)

Air Time!

After Defeating Whitney, Ash is asked to partake in an interview on the Radio Station in Goldenrod City...nervous he stutters...but when one of the acts doesnt turn up for a show, Ash is asked to help. Will the show be a flop?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This is another one of my all-time favorite episodes. I love all the stuff with Meowth being a dummy, the horribly bad (but still entertaining, thanks to Team Rocket) radio drama, and the great ending. Plus, it was the only time until very recently in Japan that the twerps ever blasted off, albeit in the fantasy sequence. Also, the scene where Ash is so nervous that he gets completely mixed up is also one of the funniest bits.

Is it just me, or does Ash as a prince remind me of Link (of Zelda fame)?

meggirl63 Guest

Ash looked sooooooo handsome as a prince! I would be his princess!

Ororo Munroe Guest

I've never seen this episode but it looks good so I hope I see it eventually.

meggirl63 Guest

I love this episode 'cause Ash was soooo cute in a "Robin Hood" costume.

I just watched this episode again recently, and for something out of the dreckfest that was Season 4, it actually wasn't bad. I'm sure being a nonfiller had something to do with it. But the first thing I noticed upon turning it on was how drastically different Jessie's hair color was in Season 4 than it is in the Season 6 and 7 episodes I've been watching lately. I guess once you've had digital animation, it's hard to go back.

Jessie and James had some pretty good dialogue in this one ("People always told me I had a face that was made for radio"; "But we have no talent!" "That don't stop nobody in showbiz"; etc.). Actually, there was just good writing all around in this one - especially Oak's exasperated "Television couldn't kill radio, but maybe Ash will." And, to my great surprise, the voice acting in this one was of a higher quality than I recall - listen to the desperate near-insanity in Mary's voice when she says "Anyone? Does ANYONE know what happens?"

One animation glitch I noticed - Krabby is among the Pokémon listening to Ash on the radio at Oak's lab, despite the fact that it's been a Kingler since Season 2.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Me personally I like seeing the mian characters particepating in a different role other than their own roll. Pikachu in his cute little robin hood hat was so Adorable!! An I love the accents that they threw in with them too. I love this middle aged hoo-ha.

I like Cressillia

I personally like it b/c Ash dresses up as Link! (and he makes a very good Link too)

vulpix Guest

Ash did look pretty good in the Robin Hood outfit.

Blaziken master Guest

I thought Misty looked pretty hot in that princess outfit of hers its actually pretty revealing

Is it just me bugged by this or is anyone else bugged? I mean when that fruity director guy called DJ Mary, Sunny.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

great episode! it was enteraining and fun to watch! 8.9/10

Yet another eppie that I missed...

This is one of my least favorite episodes from all of Pokemon. I don't know why.

I loved how Ash was all nervous at first, awe so cute. And he looked way hott as Robin Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Medea View Post
    Is it just me bugged by this or is anyone else bugged? I mean when that fruity director guy called DJ Mary, Sunny.
    Yes I was bugged, well confused anyway. It must be a nickname for her.. ok I lie it was probably a mistake. Who knows
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/kdshlh.jpg[/IMG]
    | Fifth Voyager | Team Rocket Gallery | Youtube Channel |

The filler ep was hilarious especially during the radio show.

funny episode with meowth

10/10

merry christmas!

I like this one alot, the adventure was pretty cool, and the funniest part was Ash's screwup with his words during the talk

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I had just watched this episode 4 the first time 2day and it was hilarious! I was blown away! Team Rocket and the Meowth dummy was cool and the story-telling where Ash and Co. were in character was great! That lady, (forgot her name, works with Oak on the talk-show) was kinda funny too.

I know I'm about 6 years too late to rate this episode, but I did miss out on almost the whole 4th season!

90/100

One of my all time favorite episodes, watching Ash fall apart on the radio was hilarious, and Mary did quite well in helping Ash give a good interview. I love where the gang has to do the radio play live take ya back to the golden days of radio where they actually did that, and you can't help but like seeing Ash, Misty, and Brock in medieval outfits especially Misty's which looked really nice on her. Seeing Mary get try to figure out where TR was going with the story was funny, as for TR making up the story all I got to say is "Lore Lol!" and if you get that reference you get a gold star.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I loved this episode especially when Team Rocket called themselves as Team Socket, then changing again to Team Rocket. Oh yeah, I'm familiar with the DJ inside the radio station, she looks like the woman who's with Prof. Oak in "Will the Real Oak Please Stand Up?" In this episode, do you know that Pikachu is the "Who's That Pokemon?" And yes, I love the way Ash's outfit looks like in the story.

I seriously didn't enjoy watching this episode. I like episodes with Pokemon battles. This episode wasn't really important. It was just a filler episode. 5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Medea View Post

You're not the only one >_< I hate those stupid mistakes. They're so easily avoided. And someone pointed out that a Krabby was listening to Ash on the radio... it's possible it was another Krabby, though.

Anyway, Team Rocket totally had the best lines of the episode, "but we have no talent!" "that don't stop nobody in showbusiness!"

But it was Ash and Misty in costume that stole the show. Especially Ash, for me. Stuttering? Aw. I loved this episode! I only wish I could see it again
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast