Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Dairy Tale Ending! (161)

Default A Dairy Tale Ending! (161)

A Dairy Tale Ending!

Depressed after his loss against Whitney's Miltank, Ash goes off to the Miltank Ranch to learn more about them...while there they meet up with Whitney who tells them all about the Miltank. But Team Rocket Appear, will Ash & Co. be able to protect the Miltank?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
    Last edited by Juputoru; 19th December 2009 at 5:51 AM. Reason: fixing the title after it's been wrong for 5 years

uh........
    Serebii......
    isnt A Dairy Tale Ending!

This episode was definitely better than part one for two reasons: One, Ash's battle against Miltank was so much better, since he used the natural terrain and what he learned from battling Team Rocket to his advantage. Two, the fact that battling Team Rocket taught Ash how to beat Whitney's miltank was also great. Team Rocket was definitely good for something in this episode, which is how I like it. I also liked the part when Ash gets kicked by miltank for touching its tail. LOL
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

lol hilarious when ash got kicked!!! fun episode to watch!

This episode makes me drool...alot...

LOL, this was funny when Ash got kicked, ROTFL, the battle was prety good too

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Nice ending for a awesome battle, great to see Ash get a Plain badge. It's good to see Ash using the terrain to his advantage while battling definitely shows that he's gained experience and learning from previous battles. Also how did TR get back to Goldenrod so fast if they slammed into a brick wall in Saffron?
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I like to see ash get beat up, so seeing him get kicked was fun XP

Power
    The
    ability to do or act; capability of doing or accomplishing something.
    I Have Power
    PLATINUM FC: 3480 8759 5501

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    Also how did TR get back to Goldenrod so fast if they slammed into a brick wall in Saffron?
    With the laws of Animé Physics to help them

It was so much fun to see Ash flying through the air and slamming into a fence like that ^_^

I also loved the battle. Having Totodile dig ditches with Water Gun, then using Pikachu to hide in a ditch and uncurl Miltank was absolutely brilliant ^_^ Definitely one of Ash's better, and more memorable ideas. Awesome!
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

A 3 vs 1 didn't really seem fair >_> He doesn't really deserve this badge if you ask me.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

i have to agree with "Igottapoo" (lol) ash didnt deserve this bade at all, but then again i guess she doesnt deserve to be a leader if she only has 1 poke lol.
    I'm just a big fan of beer and cricket.

it was kinda funny that he lost from a cow pokemon last time, it's the most stupid creature that exists:P

still he won afterwards._.

Igottapoo & Electivire: I understand what you are saying but 1. Ash had already defeated Nidorina and Clefairy easily in the previous battle and 2. It wasn't meant to be a proper gym battle, just one so that Ash could rematch Whitney later. Whitney basically decided to give him thw badge because he had beaten her powerhouse.
    The thing that bugged me is that Whitney is SO predictable. Rollout, Rollout, Rollout... I mean I would have liked to see some other move, idk - Milk Drink maybe, so that when Miltank was about to be defeated it recovered or something.

Also there were some continuity (sp?) errors in this episode and the previous one. I mean how can TR get from Saffron to Goldenrod walking, in a day? The other things were, Clefairy fought in a battle and got badly injured, but by the end of the full battle it is as if it has never battled. Whitney never uses potions or goes to a pokemon centre, yet Ash's pokemon take a day to recover... hmm... Finally, in the previous episode, Whiney said Ash can have a rematch any time. But, in the following episode, he has to save Whitney's uncle's dairy, defeating a massive robot just to fight Whitney for the right to a rematch, yet she said he could have a rematch at any time... Something doesn't add up.

I know I'm being picky but small things like that bug me.

EDIT: WOOT! Rank up!
    Last edited by Shiny Espeon0429; 17th February 2009 at 12:51 AM.
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

Milktank is a funny Pokemon XD
    i like this episode how Milktank got all mad on Ash XD
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

If you ask me, Ash really doesn't deserve to have gotten the badge. He had a great strategy and all, but 3 vs 1 still isn't fair. Although, he wouldn't have thought of that strategy if it wasn't for Team Rocket. I guess thay are useful every once in a while. I also wonder how they managed to get all the way back to Goldenrod from Saffron in a day.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Ash's strategy was amazing! he was so smart!

And i loved how Totodile learn to do holes in the ground, it was awesome!

9/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Where did this take place? I thought MooMoo Farm was near Olivine not Goldenrod :/

Probably the best episode in terms of the strategy Ash came up with. Without Team Rocket, it probably wouldn't have been possible so kudos to them.

Probably the only time Totodile's been in a gym battle, and all it did was make trenches really. 6/10

I thought it was a good episode. Some points were funny and everything made sense for the most part. I thought that in the end he won the plain badge fairly.

Quote Originally Posted by Afan View Post
    I thought it was a good episode. Some points were funny and everything made sense for the most part. I thought that in the end he won the plain badge fairly.
    Everything was confusing to me. I mean, I always thought an official gym battle was supposed to take place in a gym or at least in the city where the gym is located.

The farm seemed to be outside of the city so I wasn't sure if that was fair.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Where did this take place? I thought MooMoo Farm was near Olivine not Goldenrod :/

Probably the best episode in terms of the strategy Ash came up with. Without Team Rocket, it probably wouldn't have been possible so kudos to them.

Probably the only time Totodile's been in a gym battle, and all it did was make trenches really. 6/10
    It was at Whitney's Grandfather's farm. Just like in the games Whitney was hard to beat for Ash. Haha the only I didn't like was how he just used them in the battle, but I guess that was the only way that he could win.

Eh, IMO this was the weaker episode out of the 2-parter. Even though I know it wasn't, the MooMoo farm stuff just felt like useless filler to me -_-. Also I personally didn't count the match FOR the gym rematch AS a gym rematch. Let's face it, although Ash's strategy was extremely clever he couldn't use the "digging ditches" strategy during the rematch at the gym on a concrete floor. He could only really utilize that strategy at the MooMoo farm (or any outside area with dirt & grass in general), and NOT indoors at the gym. Without the advantage of the environment on his side Ash most likely would've lost the rematch at the gym, so technically even though he won this match fair & square I kinda consider this badge in a way a "pity badge".

Don't get me wrong though, as despite it's faults I still love this 2-parter as a whole. It's definitely one of my favorite Johto League gym badge episodes, because let's face it - who DIDN'T have trouble facing Whitney their first time around playing GSC . Also another interesting plot point to this episode was the idea of Whitney being such a hard & tough Gym Leader for Ash to beat that he might just throw in the towel in his Pokemon career, and go all the way back home to Pallet Town. This IMHO was officially the last good episode of the Johto saga before the never-ending fillers start to kick into high gear during this season. The Johto saga won't become good again 'till the start of the Master Quest season.

The 3-on-1 battle has always seemed a little cheap to me which is why I don't really think too highly of this episode. The idea was pretty cool after defeating Team Rocket's latest mecha but to make the battle a 3-on-1 turns me off to it. I would've liked to see a more fair battle even if Nidorina and Clefairy wouldn't have put up much of a fight.

This was a great episode! I really like the strategy that Ash used to defeat Whitney. The way he beat TR was also really cool. The gang's reaction to the milk was really entertaining.

80/100

This was a very good episode. 3 vs 1 was pretty cheap though.Overall pretty good episode.

9/10

First of all, that angry Miltank's face on the picture in the opening post of this thread is epic!

3 vs. 1 is unfair, Ash got an undeserved badge. However, still a good episode and an enjoyable, albeit unfair, battle. 9/10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast