Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Dairy Tale Ending! (161)

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    First of all, that angry Miltank's face on the picture in the opening post of this thread is epic!
    So true, I love that expression on it's face!

It's Snorlax!
    This episode was actually alright until the end. Loved how Team Rocket tried stealing the food. The battle was horrible on so many levels. First of all, as many people have said, a one on three battle is completely unfair. I also think they tried to rush it because a Pokémon like Miltank would not get KOd with one hit from Pikachu. This battle was nowhere near as good as the previous one and was edging towards being mediocre. The badge was probably more undeserved than his old Kanto ones that he mostly didn't even battle for.

xxx

While it is still very debatable if this badge was undeserved or deserved, It is noticeable that Ash really made some huge improvements if you compare his battle strategies from Kanto to Johto. That tactic to defeat Miltank was superbly executed.

So in the anime this is the closest we get to see Pikachu eating cheese, which as a mouse should come natural for it.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

A nice episode of Whitney giving a tour around the farm. The ending did seem unfair now that I think about it, But Ash was pretty smart using the terrain to his advantage by coming up with the ditches.

I want to taste something from a Miltank. If I'm correct, this is the second "Gym battle" that was held outside the Gym. If only Whitney cried in the anime like she did in the games.

It was nice to see the whole Miltank farm thing from the games incorporated into this episode. There were some great moments on the farm IMO, such as Ash and co.'s reaction to drinking the milk and how Ash was attacked by a Miltank after grabbing its tail. I think Jessie also said something about being "Wobbuffet intolerant", heh.

In regards to the Ash vs Whitney battle, I liked the strategy that Ash used. I liked how each of his Pokemon had a role in executing the strategy - Cyndaquil tired Miltank out, Totodile made the ditches, Pikachu finished Miltank off. I've always thought that using ditches was an interesting way in which to deal with Miltank's Rollout. Though, I must say that I was surprised that Miltank went down to just one Electric attack from Pikachu.

I never payed much attention (or really noticed) to the fact that the battle was 3 vs 1 until reading this thread. I guess it just never bothered me that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I never payed much attention (or really noticed) to the fact that the battle was 3 vs 1 until reading this thread. I guess it just never bothered me that much.
    Me too, sort of.
    I did notice it was a 3-on-1 match, but I didn't really think about whether or not it was fair or unfair.

I just noticed something. Anime Whitney is different from game Whitney.
    Anime Whitney happy to give Ash the badge. Game Whitney is all "YOU'LL GET THIS BADGE UNLESS YOU CAN PRY IT FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS!!!!!"
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12