Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bug Stops Here! (163)

Default The Bug Stops Here! (163)

The Bug Stops Here!

Heading to Ecruteak City, Ash enters a Bug Catching Contest, while there he meets his old friend Casey from New Bark Town who is also signing up for the contest. Will they catch any decent bug Pokémon or will they come out empty handed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This episod eI thought was a good one. Seeing chikorita again was good but when it evloved into bayleef it thought it's voice was bad. But it was nice for asj to give casey the beedrill. I give it a 7/10
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/5399191.jpg[/IMG]
    Anime Bish: Kagura from Gintama/Anime song: Alones from Bleach
    Many thanks to Kimmi the Awesome™ for the awesome banner.
    PM me if you wanna play me in Jump Ultimate Stars or Vs. me in PBR. ^-~

vulpix Guest

oh i love this episode!!cause 1, Casey's Chicorita evolves and 2, it was so cute how Chicorita "danced" to the Electabuzz fight song in the beginning of the episode.

Cool ep! cept why didnt Ash catch Scyther?

and why isnt the weedle on Casey's profile on the main site?
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Togechic Guest

Best Casey episode, especially with the ludicrous Team Electabuzz cheer. Misty swatting the bugs from Togepi was hilarious as well.

Although I do think that Casey was being a little hard on Chikorita by pushing it so hard, this episode was otherwise great. Casey has been one of my favorite recurring characters, and I can relate to her the most. I can't wait for the three Chronicles episodes that she's in. Speaking of which, it's odd that it took until her third special in season eight to bring Beedrill back.

I am glad that Ash's Bayleef had a much better voice than Casey's bayleef. Wow, that voice was annoying. I did like the part when Ash fell in the pitfall and said it was another dumb Team Rocket trap, then when he gets caged he says maybe not. I also liked when he told Casey that he doesn't speak baseball (even though it went against Casey's first episode).
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

darn i want ash to catch the scyther! how did he win with a beedrill?!?! o well, fun to watch i guess. 7.5/10

This eppie wasn't bad. If I would rate it like everyone that posted in this thread, I'd say a 8/10

This episode was really lame because of both Misty's constant fear of bugs and Team Rocket's lack of knowledge on baseball in general.

It was alright.

mistys fera of bugs lower this episodes rating!!!7/10

merry christmas!

Misty and bugs =
    Anyway, it was nice of Ash to give Beedrill away, but IMO he should have kept it

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Excellent episode it's nice to see Casey again and seeing her Chikorita evolve into a Bayleef. Episodes with bug Pokemon and Misty are always hilarious. Nice to see Ash catch a Beedrill a Pokemon he's had alot of experience with throughout the series, to bad he didn't keep it I always wondered how Ash would fare with a Beedrill on his team but I guess since he has Heracross he doesn't need another bug Pokemon anyway nice to see him give it away to Casey, to bad he never does anything like that for Misty.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Yeah, Ash gets a Beedrill in that contest but he gives it afterwards to Casey. I see Casey has a Chikorita evolved into a Bayleef. When they met again, she comes with a Meganium, evolved from her Bayleef. Then in a special episode Casey trains a Charizard to be the mascot of her baseball team.

I'm glad he gave her the Beedirll. It wasn't necessary for Ash at all.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

oh yeah misty and her bugfobia it's so fun to watch how this can go all the time:P

I like this episode cause ash gave his beedrill away ^_^
    he's so nice...
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I think Ash giving Beedrill to Casey was a really sweet thing to do.

And the reappearance of Chikorita was an added bonus.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I tought it was very nice for Ash to give Casey his Beedrill. It was also good to see her Chikorita evolve into Bayleef. I do think that she was pushing Chikorita a little too hard during the contest, but everything turned out okay. Except I think her Bayleef's voice is annoying. And Misty being afraid of bug pokemon is always funny. I thought it was cute how Chikorita danced to the Electabuzz fight song.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

I love this episode Bugs and Misty don't mix lol!! Casey is so adorable i rate it 9/10
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

I wish Ash had kept Beedril for at least a couple of episodes. For crying out loud, it was awesome (although it would've given Misty a heart attack if he had).
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    I wish Ash had kept Beedril for at least a couple of episodes. For crying out loud, it was awesome (although it would've given Misty a heart attack if he had).
    I totally agree with you. Beedrill is an awesome Pokemon, And it would be cool if it would be on the main cast for a few episodes.

8.5/10

Glad they remembered to add the Contest to the anime like in the games.

I found it annoying that Casey had to show up. I never really liked her character, she's too overconfident. I was upset that Ash gave her a Pokemon, it made the Shippers go wild I'd bet.

At least her Chikorita evolved though. That was a surprise. 5/10

Great competition, I love the Bug type pokemon.

Finaly Casey's Chikorita evolved, it was amazing. but Casey treated badly to it...

6/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This was a cool episode. The bug-catching contest was very cool. I really wish Ash would've kept Beedrill at the end though... It was cool seeing Casey's Chikorita evolve into a Bayleef. I definitely think it really is a male. Misty was very funny in this episode.

73/100

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast