Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Type Casting (164)

Default Type Casting (164)

Type Casting!

On his way to Ecruteak City, Ash & Co. come across two researchers who are arguing over a type of a Pokémon, Sudowoodo. To solve their dispute, they must go and find one. Can they do this?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This is one of those times that Team Rocket really gets screwed. I mean, they actually do catch a sudowoodo so they can be taken across the river, just like the man wanted, but he doesn't believe it's real just because it won't talk? Something's seriously screwy there.

Overall, I'm not a big fan of this episode, mostly because sudowoodo ranks VERY high on the annoying list. The only highlight of the episode is sudowoodo and Wobbuffet pokespeaking back and forth, because in Japanese their names translate to "That's wrong" and "That's right". It's entertaining to listen to.

vulpix Guest

i was confused when i saw this episode cause at first i thought Sudowoodo was a grass type then i found that it's a rock type instead...so much for my theary of thinking it was a grass and steel type.

I saw this episode for the second time today!(Repeat 5:10am and I couldn't sleep.)

Goods points:
    *Brock Licking Sudowoodo.(Hilarious)
    *Sudowoodo using Mimic and confusing everyone.
    *Sudowoodo had a nice voice.
    *They Mentioned the SquirtBottle.

Bad Points:
    *It got really confusing at some points.
    *Ash, Misty and everybody making stupid comments.

9/10 a good filler episode!

Blaziken master Guest

I haven't seen this episode in ages,can someone tell me why Brock leapt on top of sudowoodo and started licking it?

i always thought sudowudo was a grass/rock type. o well. great episode and sudo was fun to watch! 9.5/10!

Good one, but yes, annoying and cunfusing though.

The researchers were quite annoying.

I like this one when they were bickering what type Sudowoodo was, Lol

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...pokemonwtf.gif

Thats all I gotta say about this episode. A pure WTF moment.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Hehe, I liked this episode. Sudowoodo's one of the more entertaining Pokémon, with his dancing and funny voice.

Best line: Sudowoodo may be a grass-type, but it sure knows how to rock...

A hilarious episode a very good way at introducing Sudowoodo into the series and it's bit with Wobbuffet was funny. Interesting that Brock was the one to catch Sudowoodo in the field I guess a little foreshadowing of the Sudowoodo he'll have in D&P.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

It's very confusing to know Sudowoodo's type but it's a rock type in reality because it hates water! It confused the researcher because it learned Mimic, the attack in common to Sudowoodo. It did it to Ash's Chikorita, and also in his Pikachu!

This was a funny episode. Sudowoodo just makes me smile all the time

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

oh yes i remember this one, brock was licking that sudowodo, that was so hilarious to watchXD

Good episode, Sudowodo's voice is cute
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I liked this episode. I thought Sudowoodo was very entertaining. I can understand both arguments on whether Sudowoodo is a grass or rock type. I personally would have thought it would hae been a grass type. I thought it was hilarious when Brock started licking Sudowoodo. Also, why did Team Rocket need the old man to get across the river. Couldn't they just fly in their hot air balloon?
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Sudowoodo victory dance priceless 7/10
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

This is really strange that Sudowoodo isn't grass type...

And i loved how it was like the games, when the old man took them to the next city
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodPokemonTrainer121 View Post
    Sudowoodo victory dance priceless 7/10
    Haha sudwoodo is an amazing pokemon! I was for sure that it was a grass type, but once it ran away from the drops of water I knew it was a rock type. First time I saw mimic in the anime too.

Great episode, it was actually entertaining, especially Sudowoodo's dance. Sigh, why not give it to Brock here?

I liked that the researchers went out of their way to prove their hypothesis. Sudowoodo does resemble a tree but it's a Rock type. I liked when Sudowoodo tried to pretend to be a tree just so that it wouldn't be seen. Priceless.

I believe Brock tried to "lick" Sudowoodo at one point, though that may have been fanart I saw....10/10

This was a very bizarre episode... It was cool seeing Sudowoodoo for the 1st time. It was very funny to watch especially when they tried to prove their hypothesis. Sudowoodoo's mimic was really cool when it was confusing everyone.

20/100

This episode was pretty weird. Sudowoodoo was pretty cool seeing it for the first time. Sudowoodoo is a pretty cool Pokemon.

6/10

What exactly is Takeshi saying in the Japanese version to justify the licking incident? Does anyone know?
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Suduwoodo is funny! I like this episode! It was a nice debute for a funny Pokemon like Suduwoodo. Your average Jotho filler, which is something good, because Jotho is so super awesome! I'll give this nice episode a deserved 9/10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast