Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Hot Water Battle! (169)

Default A Hot Water Battle! (169)

A Hot Water Battle!

While playing, Ash's Pokémon's Master Beach Ball gets stolen by some Aipom. Trying to get it back, they inadvertantly get lost in a cave. Can they get out?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This ep,was kinda boring.It was cool to watch what the pokemon do with out Ash,but the whole episode seemed pretty pridictable

This episode reminded me a lot of the movie shorts (and "Turning Over a Nuzleaf"), with most of the attention being on the pokemon and not so much on the twerps or Team Rocket. It had a lot of funny moments, like the three pokemon pulling on each other's faces, the pokemon blaming Meowth with snorlax (LOL), and Totodile dancing as it broke itself free from the sand pile. Ash and Brock's funny falls into the hot springs were great too. It's not the best of episodes, but at least it's amusing.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

boring episode but i enjoyed seeing aipom. 6/10

Finnally, Chickorita gets a roll in an episode. One of my favorite episodes!

This was the only episode that Johto Starter Pokemon were the main stars. The relationship between Chikorita and Cyndaquil was adorable.

Haha, Aipom's debut in the anime. That little b*stard, who knew they'd make such a big deal out of one 6 seasons later?

This episode was boring...but fun. ________________________
    If you think Ash deseved to turn into a Pikachu copie this in my sig [started by eonteam 123456]!!!
    No. 1 Latias fan.

Credit to shooting star for Latias drawing!

to me it was cool and misterious

10/10

merry christmas!

Lol, an Aipom steals something from Ash, since he gets his own "stealing" Aipom much later

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I think it was a great episode. It's one of my all-time favorite "Pokemon" episodes. By the way, as I recall one of the scenes from that episode, Ash was about to play with his inflateible Master Ball-like beach ball with Pikachu and the rest of his Pokemon and friends. Then there was somthing I thought was unusial, ASH HAD MUSELES!!! He even looked really cool in those green swiming trunks. For a 10 year old kid, he sure knows how to exersise! After all, he wants to be the greatest Pokemon master that's out there.

I remember watching this episode one friday afterschool.

I was happy that there was some kind of cameo of a Master Ball, even though it was a Beachball. Guess Misty/Kasumi keeps it somewhere, maybe another dimension.

This was a nice filler, even though it focused mostly on Ash's Pokemon instead of Ash.

It was pretty funny when Chikorita and Totodile started fighting and they all pull each others cheeks.

I thought it was cute when Chikorita, Totodile, and Cyndaquill learned to get along and worked together to get themselves out the cave.

My favorite quote;

Ash: The Pokemon sure are having a blast, arn't they Misty?

Misty: If you ask me, it looks like their fighting.

(Shows Pokemon pulling eachothers cheeks)

Ash: (To Pokemon) Hey guys, Misty thinks your fighting. Let's show her she's wrong and get that ball!

(Pokemon runs away)

Ash: (To Misty) See Misty, they get along just like we do.

Misty: (With worried expression) I sure hope not.

That part made me laugh!

I overall rate this episode four stars.
    Last edited by penngrade6; 30th March 2007 at 10:48 PM.

A nice episode focusing on the Pokemon alone especially the Johto starters, I enjoyed it.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I don't know why an Aipom stole the ball from Chikorita, but I loved the relationships with it and Cyndaquil. And yes, I loved it when Team Rocket got carried away by a large wave going to the river and fell in the falls thanks to a wild Snorlax. too bad, Ash and co. isn't the star of the episode.

It's cool to watch the Pokemon with humans barely depicted at all. Great episode :P

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

just another episode where ash is being robbed by pokemon, it's a bit too much if you ask me, it's still pretty decent but i've seen better.

why go after Aipon only for a beach ball?
    let they keep it..they can buy another one at the next market
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I like watching how Ash's pokemon interact with one another. I found it amusing watching Chikorita be with Totodile and Cyndaquil. I also thought it was funny when the three Johto starters blamed Meowth for waking Snorlax. I also laughed when they were fighting and pulling each others faces. I liked Aipom in this. I thought it was cute for them to steal the beach ball.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

I thought it was a pretty good episode. I think the way that Totodile helping Meowth, even though he was the bad guy, was so adorable!! It was funny when Cyndaquil used Flamethrower on Snorlax. I'm like, "Woah. I never knew that SNORLAX, of all Pokemon, could jump THAT high!!"
    Steel Monotype Challenge

Lv. 21 (Mimi), Lv. 20 (Kohai) Lv. 21 (Bozu)

Spoiler:- Current Challenges:

[IMG]http://i37.*******.com/263bu38.png[/IMG] <(Credit goes out to Darkrai00 for making this)

I thought this episode was boring but I love when Ash slips on a banana
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

I really liked this episode. It was a nice change of pace and it featured the pokemon instead of Ash and Team Rocket, which was a nice change. My favorite parts were where they begin fighting and the fights throughout the episode. I also really liked how the Aipom acted towards Chikorita and its reactions.

It was a funny episode actually. I remember hoping that Ash would catch one of those Aipom since they reminded me so much of Primeape, only less violent haha. A side note, it is odd that there would be hot springs in Johto but that change of environment made this episode stand out. It's not everyday that we get a hot springs in the Pokemon anime. 7/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 9th November 2010 at 1:34 AM.

Not bad episode.

I thought that Aipom love human's pokemon, but i wrong. and if i'm not mistaken that Snorlax was giant, wow. it really was huge.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

A great episode. However, subtitles would've been nice. Just like Season 1 episode "Island of the giant Pokémon" (it was subtitled in the Netherlands).

Chikorita pushing Cyndaquil in the cave was funny.

Milotic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast