Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hook, Line & Stinker! (170)

Default Hook, Line & Stinker! (170)

Hook, Line & Stinker!

After meeting a rude trainer with a Poliwrath, Ash & Co. Enter in a Seaking fishing contest. Misty is content on capturing the biggest one and beating that smug trainer once and for all. Can she do this?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Ororo Munroe Guest

This was a good episode. It was nice seeing Misty's fierce temper again and I like the Poliwhirl versus Poliwrath battle.

vulpix Guest

this episode totally rocked! Misty showed that rude trainer a leason.

This was great, I'm happy that Misty got Poliwhirl to have confidence and battle that trainer. I loved how Misty was giving her friends the chocolate.
    Favorite Quote:
    Mr.Moseby (to Zack and Cody) : All right, but I will get the both of you, and your little hawk too.
    - Suite Life of Zack and Cody

Quote Originally Posted by vulpix
    this episode totally rocked! Misty showed that rude trainer a leason.
    Rude this, Misty fan. D:

Seriously. Andreas is sex. <33 S'why I loved this ep so much. <3333

He shoulda won. Nice doesn't win you everything D:

Purrrrrrr.

I really hated that guy Andreas in this episode. At least he turned around at the end of the episode, but he was one big ***hole for so much of the episode. I liked the part where Misty's pokemon watergun poliwhirl in the face.

Team Rocket were great in this episode, even though I think they should have had them catch at least one seaking (I loved the Jessie lure). I liked the parts when they hid themselves from the twerps so they wouldn't be recognized. It was also funny when Meowth got loose and Ash told Misty that it was probably a bottomfeeder like a catfish. LOL I also liked the part when Togepi was dancing as Misty sorted out her candy.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Andreas is hot, sssh. D:

I really wish Andreas woulda won. Like I said, prove that nice doesn't win you everything. Cause that concept makes me weep :0

Purrrrrrr.

this episode shows why i want misty back as a main character! glad to see that a pre evolution is just as powerful as a final evolution =]

Yeah, it was good!

This was one of the better Johto Champions episodes, especially with Misty's temper in it, lol

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

A very good episode focusing on Misty nice to see the return of her temper and Misty lure version 4. Andreas was definitely rude I haven't seen that level of rude since Gary during season 1, but nice to see Misty won out in the end and her Poliwhirl got some confidence.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

That trainer with the Poliwrath was a real nut.

Rude trainer >_> But if Misty wanted a Seaking so bad she should just evolve her own Goldeen.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

that rude trainer was such a sack, i hate it when episodes have guys like these in it-_-

the bad guy was one hell of a caracter! no joking. It's one of the best hated caracter ever.

Good episode.

Good on Misty for beating Andreas. Seriously, that guy was rude. Misty's lures and attempts at fishing are always good to see.

I hated that guy, i'm glad Misty showed him up.

I felt sorry for Meowth though, he never seems to get a break.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I din't like that guy, glad Misty won at the end ^_^
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Poliwhirl is cute <3

The guy a poliwraths a *****

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

I am so glad Misty beat Andreas. He really annoyed me on how rude he was. Even if he was the returning Seaking Catching Champion. I felt bad for Meowth having to be used as live bait, and then getting all tangled up in the fishing line. I really enjoyed the Poliwhirl vs Poliwrath. It shows that Misty still has her battling techniques as a gym leader.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

The Andreas guy was really just Gary's personality in a different character design.

Anyway nice to see Poliwhirl at least get to do something, given how little screentime it gets...and then gets upstaged by that terrible Corsola later on...

Terrible? I love Corsola.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Loved it. Wish they had fishing contests in the real games since they looked to be really fun in the anime. Loved how there was a rivalry between Misty and that other dude who was competiting against her and the others. Liked how she caught a Seaking, though I hate that it had to be released. I guess it was because then Misty would have had another Seaking to add to her team? Maybe. A good fresh episode, regardless of faults. 9/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 9th November 2010 at 1:05 AM.

Great episode.Whole concept of fishing contests was done in creative way being properly executed.It was hilarious seeing rivarly and arguing between Misty and Andreas who was a real jerk(bad combination when it encounters someone like redhead is),with evocating each other through all competition.Im glad Misty won in end showing him how her pokemon are not to underestimate especially when its taken in account how second stage Poliwhirl beated final form which is generally viewed as being stronger.

All in all this episode deserves high rating.

p.s.Too bad some people only remember bad things,forgetting all good moments in this region.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 15th December 2009 at 12:53 PM.

Great tournament, i loved the battles.

Misty's Poliwhirl was a coward, but she helped it get over it.

7/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast