Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beauty & The Breeder! (171)

This was a real testament to Brock's romantic side. He let Suzy go so gracefully...when he has to give his approval to Suzy/Zane it's absolutely heartbreaking.

Slightly peeved the writers never actually included a farewell scene, either with Vulpix or Suzy. Ah well. Brock suits up well.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Seeing Brock and Suzy reunited was nice. However, sad that Brock gave Vulpix back. It didn't get a lot of screentime, which is very sad... I think Vulpix deserved more screen time! For Brock, this was a very sad episode. Brock deserved better than that!

It's Quagsire!
    So this is the episode that started the concept of Pokémon contests!! Meowth looked so funny with that makeup on. I felt sorry for Brock in this episode. He looked so cute in that white suit, but Suzie was interested in that other guy! ):

Also, Meowth mentioning that James is hard to swallow... lol the immaturity strikes again!!

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Calamitу View Post
    It's Quagsire!
    So this is the episode that started the concept of Pokémon contests!! Meowth looked so funny with that makeup on. I felt sorry for Brock in this episode. He looked so cute in that white suit, but Suzie was interested in that other guy! ):
    I remember when I saw that episode for the first time, I was constantly hoping for Suzie falling in love with Brock... And it was sad to see Vulpix leave, even though he didn't get a lot of screen time.

Also, Meowth mentioning that James is hard to swallow... lol the immaturity strikes again!!
    There's nothing wrong with that kind of "immature" jokes, they are funny!

Well, glad to see Suzy again and also unfortunate Vulpix had to leave. Vulpix was maybe not the most used Pokémon by Brock, but I surely liked it a lot when it had some screentime. I also like how they take things from Kanto and Orange Islands and implement this into Johto like with Suzy.

Quote Originally Posted by 7threst View Post
    Well, glad to see Suzy again and also unfortunate Vulpix had to leave. Vulpix was maybe not the most used Pokémon by Brock, but I surely liked it a lot when it had some screentime. I also like how they take things from Kanto and Orange Islands and implement this into Johto like with Suzy.
    I noticed that too. When you think about it Johto brought many characters from Kanto and Orange(like Todd, Aya, Suzie, Duplica etc).

It was nice throwback to past, being nice to see them again.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    I noticed that too. When you think about it Johto brought many characters from Kanto and Orange(like Todd, Aya, Suzie, Duplica etc).

It was nice throwback to past, being nice to see them again.
    Hahah, great to see someone think pretty similar about the anime. Even back when they first aired these episodes, it was really nice to see characters from early one reappearing from the most minor characters like the Magikarp Salesman( That guy is full of win)

Because the whole Johto series was meant as a ending for the original series (First five seasons), I think the writers wanted to give a lot of characters that appeared in Kanto, Orange Islands and even some from the beginning of Johto (Casey for instance) some more appearances just to satisfy the watchers that were watching it from the beginning.

Todd, Richie, Casey, Suzy, Duplica, Aya, Gary, Butch and Cassidy, Magikarp Salesman etc. While Johto may didn't have that many rivals other than Gary and Harrison later on, Johto was made for recurring characters and that is one of its strong points.

A good episode, it was nice that the gang saw Suzy again. However, Brock giving Vulpix back was sad because they had such a great bond. Zane was very disrespectful to Misty when she complemented his Ninetails, glad he apologized after that. Lastly, Brock's approval to Suzy/Zane was really heartbreaking for me because this always happens to him.

I just watched this episode.
    I think it was nice that Brock was emailing Suzie every time he got to a Pokemon Center as Misty stated. This episode was nice not boring, I was afraid that Vulpix will leave even though I remember that happening but I totally forgot about that "Zane" guy, as soon as I saw him I knew Brock would have no chance at getting Suzie, yet and the end I was just as disappointed as Brock was. It was funny after Misty said Zane was after Suzie presentation, Ash said so is Brock.
    So this was a good episode.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Really sad to see Brock let go of Vulpix. Although a big deal wasn't made of it within the episode of course. I hope that Brock and Suzie meet up again in a special.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

I'm sad that Brock gave away Vulpix. It was a nice addition to his team. Shame writers. Well, it was a very good episode. I didn't like when Misty got snapped on though.

What I like about this is that Suzzie and Zane realized that they were trainers. It always bugs me when I see a bunch of trainers get their pokemon stolen and when Ash gets them back for them, they don't help defeat team rocket. At least those two remembered they can battle.

Just looked at this episode again. Does anyone else think Zane is a taller & older version of Trip?

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

It was a little sad that Brock returned Vulpix to Suzy, IMO, because Vulpix was probably my favourite of Brock's Pokemon at this point in the series. I also wish they showed the results of the contest at the end, since I really wanted to know if Vulpix beat that Ninetales.
    But overall, I thought this was a nice episode. I liked how Ash said that Brock looked like the ice cream man after he changed into that white suit. I loved the appearances of the Pokemon that were entered in the contest, some of them were pretty funny. In particular, I really liked Meowth's makeup and Wobbuffet's wig.

Anyone notice this episode feels like what a Poke-performance would be like in XY?

I found how the episode ended to be odd, in which it's never stated if Brock and Suzie won or not.
    I would have liked to know that.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12