Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Play! (173)

Default Power Play! (173)

Power Play!

Heading to Ecruteak, Ash & Co. meet up with Gary. It turns out his Eevee has evolved into Umbreon. Ash eager to battle with him again gets disappointed when Gary declines...he goes to train his Pokémon when he finds that Team Rocket are tampering with a Power Plant. Can they be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

meggirl63 Guest

Taped that one also!!!!!!!!!!

Not a bad filler- wished we learnt more of Gary's pokemon (but we learn enough in the silver cup anyway).

Thanks to Aurora Wish for making this card- totally awesome.

The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
    Paul Valery

"I grew up with six brothers. That's how I learned to dance: waiting for the bathroom."
    Bob Hopes

meggirl63 Guest

I'm glad that Gary helped out Ash and co. in this episode.

I love the Robo-Mecha-Wobbuffet! Not only because I love Wobbuffet, but because it was really great how Team Rocket used Wobbuffet's counter ability as an inspiration for the machine. Pretty good strategizing there. Of course, they probably should have gotten a model that didn't need an extension cord.

I really like Gary in this episode. It's nice to hear him tell Ash that the next time they meet, he might challenge *him* for a change, though that never actually happened. Gary definitely improved in seasons four and five, and it makes me really miss him now.

vulpix Guest

Umbreon is so CUTE!!!

Just saw the Japanese version. I literally burst out laughing at the name of the RoboMechaWobbuffet.

Soodemonaisu Ichigou.

And just to make things even better, soodemonaisu was actually used in its proper meaning at least once during the episode.

(for those of you who don't speak Japanese, soodemonaisu is the negative to soonansu's affirmative. Ichigou is just "Mark 1", and most of TR's mecha names end is something of the sort.)

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

10/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i loved umbreon and gary in this episode!!!

I loved this eppie! A very good episode!

good filler good to see gary and his umbreon great episode

10/10

merry christmas!

A Gary episode, nice, and his Umbreon is sooo cool

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

A nice episode, it was greeat seeing Gary again and seeing that his Eevee evolved into an Umbreon. Robo Mecha Wobbuffet the all time best machine TR has had and very nice of TR to get the idea from the actual Pokemon. Ash and Gary work well together it was nice seeing that and nice to see Gary actually show some maturity at the end.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I loved Gary in this episode, I just wish Umbreon had have done just a bit more, maybe some dark attacks rather than tackle. Overall, a good episode, but whoever dubbed that kid's voice that Gary fought at the beginning needs killing!
    Joshehh
    Pearl = Joshh : 0645 3400 0941

Ok, after watching this episode for the first time ever the other day (thanks to Youtube), there was something I needed to ask:

Alex Davis (the trainer Gary battles at the beginning of the episode) sounds like he was played by a real child (rather than a voice actor). Now what I was wondering is, even though Kayzie Rogers got the credit, does anyone know if the voice was performed by a child (competition winner, Make-A-Wish etc.). Only the other things I noticed was it's very rare that any trainer is given a full name, let alone one who only appears a few minutes. Also, Alex Davis' physical appearance didn't match the voice. If anyone knows the answer to this that would be great.
    Last edited by WatcherMark; 29th December 2008 at 1:36 PM.

I love this. Gary has an Umbreon! I always think of my Serebii wife when I think of Umbreon. ^_^;

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

hm, umbreon, for some reason it fits with gary, i never liked this character.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

I love this Episode, Umbreon is a cool Pokemon
    and it really fits Gary
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

1# Umbreon's voice is so cool!
    2# Since when 4kids had some british actors. (The Kid speeks british)
    3# That Robo-Mecha-Wobbuffet looks kinda usefull for team rocket.

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

I thought Gary's Umbreon was very cool. I also liked how him and Ash worked together. I thought Team Rocket's Wobbufet machine was very good also. I wish we would learn more about Gary though.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

I seriously love episodes that Gary is in. Did anyone understand that kid in the beginning this was a great filler. 9.9/10 not a 10 because i got annoyed by the kid in the beginning lol
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

Yay a Gary episode, it's been a while since he appeared and I felt like this episode was only writen and produced to showcase his new Pokemon.

Aside from Umbreon, it was Filler. Yeah I guess I should expect that from this season but it felt hollow. Good thing they added the blackout otherwise it would've been boring.

4/10
    Last edited by Lorde; 17th April 2010 at 8:37 AM.

A Great Gary episode.
    It was cool to see Umbreon's moon light, great move.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I liked this episode solely because of Umbreon (Just watched it) since Umbreon is my favorite Pokemon. Pity we don't see it too often especially when Gary is around.

Sometimes it seems like Team Rocket gets a little smarter but then pummels down, that Wobbefeut robot was pretty good. The reason they always lose because they get too cocky, and for some reason their Pokemon isn't too strong (Despite Lickitung, Seviper and Wobbufeut all does well in their debut episode, ironic most of them are Jessie's), plus they always stop when they aren't far from where they stole the Pokemon.

What was that accent the kid using Alakazam come from?
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

This episode was ok... Finally got to see 1 of my absolute favorite pokemon Umbreon! Seeing Umbreon battle Alakazam and see Dark's resistence to Psychic for the 1st time was very cool! The rest of the episode dragged on way too much for me as a filler...

50/100

Nice to see Gary again. Umbreon was really cool to see for the first time. Alakazam was also very cool.

7/10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast