Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Grass Route! (180)

Default The Grass Route! (180)

The Grass Route!

Back on route to Ecruteak, Ash & Co. see an abundance of Grass Pokémon, Ash meets a guy called Ephram and his Skiploom. Ash learns about a Grass Type Pokémon Tournement. Ash decides to enter. Will he win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Awwww, Ephram was cute.

It's nice that Ash didn't win something for once. Especially since it was Ephram that won. He deserved it. ^.^

Purrrrrrr.

Another good filler. Skiploom. Grass pokemon, Meowth as Sunflora, Solarbeam and it was funny with Ephram's parents embarssing him. Skiploom was sweet, it had a hilarious voice real high like Hoppips was.

It was interesting to see James competing with Victreebel. Too bad that the battle didn't go his way, though. I liked Jessie competing with Meowth in disguise too, especially everyone's reactions to a "sunflora" doing such unusual moves. It was also nice to see Ash not win for a change and learn something. At least that was a nice change, since he always wins EVERYTHING.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

im so happy ash didnt win! he wins too much of stuff that he enters like the poke ringer thing and the pokemon skating thing. fun to watch (especialy when ash got beat) 9/10

I just love Grass fights ^^ This episode was great!

I didn't like Ash getting too cocky because it made him feel like Gary. BTW, I can understand Jessie going overboard with ridiculous ideas but why did she had to disguise Meowth as a Sunflora? Did she forget what happened in "A Grin to Win"?

ash needed something like this he was showing off im glad that kid won

10/10

merry christmas!

Meowth-Sunflora again O_O, and Ash lost, but he didn't even need the win <_<

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

A very good filler I really got into it, grats to Ephram for winning the tournament. It's nice seeing Chikorita and Bulbasuar get a nice workout fighting opponents other than TR all time. Also loved seeing James actually use his Victrebel in a battle other than against the twerps and nice to see the Sunflora costume make it's return even if it didn't last long. I liked that Ash lost and learned a small lesson it was better than seeing him with such a swelled head, plus he wouldn't have any use for all those leaf stones.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Not bad of an episode, but I would have liked it more if Ash did not lose because of such an obvious plot device. The timing of that solar beam was just way to convenient. I do not like it when characters win/lose because of luck. It creates great dissatisfaction.

Eugh, Ash's Arrogance was annoying to no end, and I don't care how dodgy that victory was it needed to happen.

However,Jessie and Mewothflora were awesome, I especially loved Meowth's impression of Sunflora's cry
    Joshehh
    Pearl = Joshh : 0645 3400 0941

Eh I don't like grass Pokemon that much. Not a fan of this episode.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Quote Originally Posted by Igottapoo View Post
    Eh I don't like grass Pokemon that much. Not a fan of this episode.
    just because of the grass type? i still liked the episode you know.

Love it, grass Pokemon are my fave so i enjoy this one
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I loved this episode. Grass pokemon are my favorite. Ash's attitde towards the whole tournament was kind of annoying. I don't care if he is a great trainer..this proves he can lose at any moment. Because of that, I am glad Ephram and Skippy won. Besides, Ash didn't need the Leaf Stones. I also liked the return of Meowth's Sunflora costume. I thought it was funny when Ephram's parents were embarrasing him in the stands.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

This was a fairly good ep, especially for a Johto ep, but I have one problem....Bulbasaur is the focus of the ep instead of Chikorita! All Chikorita got was one practice battle, Bulbasaur on the other hand gets the entire tournament.

Why the hell were the writers still focusing on Bulbasaur in mid-Johto? This is what really screwed over the development of Ash's Johto Pokemon.

In most of these Johto fillers, Ash is either just using Pikachu or Bulbasaur. Where the hell are the Johto starters and Noctowl? It's no wonder why it feels like the Johto team barely existed. Holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    This was a fairly good ep, especially for a Johto ep, but I have one problem....Bulbasaur is the focus of the ep instead of Chikorita! All Chikorita got was one practice battle, Bulbasaur on the other hand gets the entire tournament.

Why the hell were the writers still focusing on Bulbasaur in mid-Johto? This is what really screwed over the development of Ash's Johto Pokemon.

In most of these Johto fillers, Ash is either just using Pikachu or Bulbasaur. Where the hell are the Johto starters and Noctowl? It's no wonder why it feels like the Johto team barely existed. Holy crap.
    unfortunately, the writers never found a way to get rid of Fushigidane all the way until after the 6th Gym, which is all kinds of messed up.

And I don't see what you found so great about this episode. Aside from that flaw you mentioned with the misplaced showcasing, this episode also reeked of a crappy character of the week... also, the fact that said crappy character managed to beat Satoshi's Fushigidane in a tournament despite how pathetic he was just a while ago managed to get one good friend of mine (he lurks SPPF under the name DarkWobbuffet) to utterly despise any and all Popokko.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

A pretty decent episode by favorite part of this episode was when everyone was shocked when Skiploom used Solarbeam and when Meowth dressed up as Sunflora... I rate it 6/10
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

I think it was a good leason to Ash, and about the way that he lost.
    I loved also the fact that Chikorita beat Skiploom, it was good for Chiko to win a battle.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I like how we got a cool Filler for once.

I'm glad Ash lost and learned a lesson, he was getting to overconfident. I really liked the Grass Pokemon competition and Skiploom too.

Overall, with the battling it was a 4/10

A pretty good filler. After all these useless filler, nothing like a episode with good battle.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

Who cares if Bulbasaur was the focus instead of Chikorita? A pokemon is a pokemon wherever its in Kanto, Johto or anywhere else. Bulbasaur was one of Ash's first pokemon so he had a much stronger relationship with Bulbasaur than he does with Chikorita, I'm reckoning. So what if the Johto team hardly got a mention in this episode, its not like it had didn't have any pokemon at all. Kanto pokemon, Johto pokemon, it makes no difference to me. A pokemon is a pokemon, a region is a region and the anime should not be compared with the games. In the anime canon, Johto could be filled with wild Bulbasaur for all we know and they could be more common in Johto than Chikorita.

Skull-Kid is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I like how we got a cool Filler for once.

I'm glad Ash lost and learned a lesson, he was getting to overconfident. I really liked the Grass Pokemon competition and Skiploom too.

Overall, with the battling it was a 4/10
    This.

It's my thoughts exactly. I loved the Grass Pokemon competition and I found Skiploom to be adorable. Glad to see Ash learned something.

This episode was ok... Seeing Skiploom for the 1st time was cool. Ash definitely learned a very valuable lesson in this episode. Ephram definitely deserved to win the tournament and I'm glad he did.

40/100

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast