Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Grass Route! (180)

Grass Pokemon for the win! Love them. I like Skiploom and Bellossom.

7/10
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

Ahh, this episode aired not too long ago...at least for me...It was nice to see a competition that revolved around Grass type pokemon...A few pointers...

Skiploom (Ephram's Skippy) was very cute in this episode, and they sure were working hard. Ash's practice battle with them was good, but he was being rather reckless and got carried away. Skiplooms attacks were pretty good too. Tackle, leech seed, double team, I thought leech seed couldn't work on other grass types??

Anyways, here's another place where Ash really got far too confident in his own abilities...Very arrogant and cocky was he in this episode, and it was resting upon his past accomplishments in the Indigo Plateu and the Orange League.

I'm glad Misty at least proposed the question if he was going to train, because Ash underestimated the competition. Skippy came back at Bulbasaur and beat it with a powerful Solarbeam, and beat Ash's strongest grass type.

Love it, grass Pokemon are my fave so i enjoy this one.

A good episode. Cool to see Skiploom for the first time. I'm glad Ash lost he diserved it.

8/10

The Grass Pokemon tourney was a great idea! I'm a fan of Grass types, so that makes it extra nice to see this one. Meowth dressed up as a Sunflora was great, it's really awesome when Meowth dresses up to look like another Pokemon species. 10/10 for an awesome episode. Also good that Ash lost, he needs to not win sometimes, to learn from it. But he and Bulbasaur did a good job.

I enjoyed this episode because of the tournament and seeing some more of Ash's last Kanto Pokémon he still had in his party at that time + was also nice to see Chikorita at the beginning. They basically gave both of Ash's grass Pokémon some screening time.

I really liked this episode, Skiploom was very adorable. Having a Grass Type Tournament was nice I suppose. Meowth dressing up and imitating Sunflora was hilarious. I didn't really like Ash's cockiness too much. Lastly, I knew he wasn't going to win, because he wouldn't have any use for all those leaf stones. So it was good that Ephram won.
    Last edited by Blessed; 1st February 2014 at 2:19 AM.

It was good to see Victreebel battle good. But, I didn't like that it lost. I hate that they were only using Victreebel for comical reasons. And Ash was too cocky in this episode.

The episode was OK but I didn't like how cocky Ash was. Now don't get me wrong, I know Ash is a bit of a braggart and likes to toot his own horn, but I've never seen him that unconcerned or that unwilling to even "pretend" to train. This seemed like such an aberration from his character. Plus even with the Solar Beam, Bulbasaur would be at such a high level how could it be wiped out from that one and only attack.

One interesting thing to note - Ephram is one of the few Pokemon trainers to have both his parents.

This was a disappointing episode. the idea of a Grass tournament was was good, but I didn't like how the writers made Ash so cocky in this episode. I hate it when the writers make Ash acting cocky just for the sake of a COTD. As expected the COTD Ephram ended up winning the tournament and Ash ended up losing the tournament. *Sigh*.....poor Bulbasaur.
    Oh well, at least Ash's Chikorita defeated Ephram's Skiploom in a match before the tournament.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 21st October 2013 at 5:23 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

This episode was good but not awesome to me. Nice to see that Kojiro actually enters the competition with his Utsubot. But I think neither Satoshi nor Kojiro needed the leaf stone so there is no point for either of them to win in my opinion. Worth mentioning that Nyarth dressed as a Kimawari and used Hikkaku as well as Midare Hikkaki because it was quite funny.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12