Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Ghost Of A Chance! (183)

Default A Ghost Of A Chance! (183)

A Ghost of A Chance!

Finally in Ecruteak City, Ash & Co. enter the Burnt Tower to find that there are ghosts in there with them. It turns out the Ghosts are owned by Morty, the Ecruteak Gym Leader. However Togepi soon goes missing and its up to Ash & Co. to find it before Team Rocket find it

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

*makes horsie noises*

*___*

Well, the geography of stuff wasn't quite right from game to anime, (there is no tower RIGHT next to the gym) but once more with my obsessive eye, I still love this ep. Morty was REALLY snotty at Ash and everyone at first, ne? O___o; Just the way he said stuff.....

But still it's Morty. I love.

Purrrrrrr.

I really liked Morty, he's been one of my favorite gym leaders (and his battle with Ash in the next episode remains my favorite gym battle). This episode was pretty interesting as we finally got to learn who the pokemon was that Ash saw in the first episode, Team Rocket was carrying Pikachu and Togepi in backpacks, Togepi was dancing on the two gastlys (LOL), and we got to see so many interesting ghost pokemon. I also liked the part when the salesman told James that he's just the guy he's looking for, and James says he's not looking for any man.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

i loved morty in this episode! his gengar was really strong! pretty good storyline and overll ad give it a 8.7/10

Yes, I liked that episode! It was spookey. Perfect for Halloween!

Blaziken master Guest

This episode's great! Morty and his gengar are pretty cool, the guy with the flame breath was pretty funny as well.I loved the story covering ho-oh, its one of my fave legedaries.

8/10 Very good ep

The only things I didn't like about the ep was Togepi holding Pikachu back and Team Rocket being cocky (as always) and running away with Pikachu & Togepi.

This one wasn't too bad, at least the Shadow Ball animation was cool

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

An excellent episode and a very good introduction for Morty a favorite of mine. Liked the Itemfinder reference it's one of those rare occasions that they actually animate something from the game. Also liked seeing Genagar use Shadow Ball one of my top 10 favorite moves and it's animated so well. I had forgotten that this episode we actually learn the identity of the mystery Pokemon Ash saw when starting his journey, also a great story on the history of the Brass Tower which was obivously mislabeled the Tin Tower in the anime.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

A good episode, I liked the fire and stuff, although it was so not obvious it was an illusion x.x Although how did Noctowl tackle the gastly...?
    Morty was awesome, his attitude and mannerisms were really dynamic, and the ghost types just improved that. Plus, any episode focusing on legends and history is a plus in my book.

And Pikachu and togepi in backpacks = win

OH yeah, foresight makes physical attacks work... x.x
    Last edited by Joshehh; 26th February 2008 at 10:00 PM.
    Joshehh
    Pearl = Joshh : 0645 3400 0941

Morty is pretty cool but I didn't like this episode much. I don't like gym leader episodes unless they're going to battle them.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

it was a decent episode if you ask me, it had some nice animations in it.

ahh Morty...he's a cute gymleader XD
    love to watch this
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Morty's great.
    Ho-oh is the most usefull pokemon in johto when I played gold version. When I was young

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

This was a great introduction for Morty. It was great to see him command his ghost pokemon, and they seem to be very powerful. I'm glad we finally know what the pokemon Ash saw in the first episode is. I also liked the firebreathing salesman. Im glad they showed the itemfinder also.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

MORTY!!! Dang he one of the tightest gym leaders!! I love how James find all those bottle caps with that treasure thing and they also found Pikachu and Togpei and I would freak out to if I was trapped in a old building while there was a fire.. I really enjoyed this episode so I will give it 10/10
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

Morty's Gengar was strong, i loved it

And it was funny how Togepi lost...

6/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

So cool that we finally arrived in Ecruteak City, the Historical captial of Johto and the Pokemon world. How Team Rocket could by an Itemfinder from a clown is beyond me. They rarely have any money

I liked that we got to see the Burnt Tower in the anime, it looked so much more inviting than it does in the games. The fire illusion produced by the Ghost Pokemon was a dirty trick, it reminds me of the illusions they caused in the Hoot-hoot episode.

Glad Morty came to intervene and to explain about the tower. He was surprised that Ash saw Ho-Oh once, which was cool. 7/10

This episode was ok... It was great seeing how Foresight works in the anime for the 1st time. The Fire illusion was really cool to see. Morty's Gengar is really strong! My favorite of the Kanto Region Ghost types. The Itemfinder was used in a funny way in this episode. James only got bottlecaps.

50/100

Don't really care for this episode. I found it to be boring. I like seeing James occupied with treasure hunting though. And the fire-breather fat guy was a nice addition as we are familiar with him in the games. Ghastlys have annoying voices.

7/10
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

This episode was ok. James looking for treasure was quite amusing. Ghastly was cool along With Gengar.

6/10

Good debute for Morty. The firebreather was funny! Ho-Oh getting mentioned in conversation was great as well, because the Ho-Oh moment in the first episode should never be forgotten! 9/10.

It was a nice episode. The anime rarely messes up Gym Leaders and it was no different here. Watching this epiosde again, it reminds me how dropped that Ho-Oh plot truly is. It would be ridiculous at this point to bring that plot idea back.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Wow, after hearing the narrator reiterating "On the way to Ecruteak City", they finally arrived and I think they introduced the gym leader, Morty, in a very fashionable way with some of his ghost Pokémon being introduced too.

On the side note, James is sooo oblivious to scams.

Finally at Ecruteak City! This was a very good episode to introduce Morty, a favorite Gym Leader of mine. The fire illusion produced by the Ghost Pokemon was a dirty trick, it reminded me of the Hoothoot episode. Poor Jessie and Meowth having to deal with James being so gullible. Togepi wandering off is always funny. Lastly, it was interesting to learn about the history of the Burnt Tower from Morty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast