Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From Ghost To Ghost! (184)

The gym battle was very intense!! That Cyndaquil should of burned Gastly tongue... 7/10
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

Great gym battle. Ash usually doesn't lose pokemon so quickly, but this time it was different.
    Morty's Gengar was pretty weak, it wasn't a challenge for Noctowl. Gastly was strong, maybe even the strongest of Morty's pokemon.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

How ridiculous. Ash's Johto team was so weak yet he managed to still beat Morty who is probably the most difficult Gym Leader to defeat.

Not a good battle, it was too easy. 3/10

Quite a good episode. It was funny seeing Team Rocket seeing an illusion of all that food created by those Gastly. One thing confused me about this episode? I thought Normal type attacks don't work against Ghost types but in this episode, Ash has his pokemon use Tackle.

CK- That's because Noctowl used Foresight and all of his Pokemon were able to use normal attack against that Ghost Pokemon that foresight was used against.

I thought this was a good match, I gotta agree Gastly seemed alot stronger then Gengar. But don't forget Noctowl learned Confusion while battling Gengar and since psychic moves are effective against Ghost then it was probably why Gengar didn't last, while there were no strong effective moves against the other two (Unless you count tackle but Haunter/Gastly kept dodging)
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    How ridiculous. Ash's Johto team was so weak yet he managed to still beat Morty who is probably the most difficult Gym Leader to defeat.

Not a good battle, it was too easy. 3/10
    Ash's Johto Team isn't that weak. But maybe it would have been better if Ash lost to Morty instead of Whitney.(can't stand the cow)
    I then wouldn't mind seeing the second match.

My ideal battle ever!

My absolute favorite Johto gym battle! It was great seeing Noctowl learn confusion, double effective on Ghost/Poison types! The tricks played on TR were hilarious! It was cool when Cyndaquil ran up Haunter's tongue to use tackle.

97/100

This episode was very cool. Great to see Noctowl star in the battle. It was cool seing Gengar again.

9/10

Great battle! It was nice to see Noctowl getting screen time in a gym battle and winning as well! I liked Noctowl's ability to see "hidden/invisible" ghosts. It was used well here and Ash got a nice win and a nice badge. This episode is good, 9/10.

Probably one of those gym battles that are in essence, great and really awesome to watch, but forgettable too. I loved how Noctowl had the spotlight and learned Confusion during the match. Noctowl is probably one of Ash's strongest flying Pokémon and this episode validated just that.

A very exciting and intense gym battle episode, I enjoyed it. Nice to see Noctowl shine and it's ability to see "hidden/invisible" ghosts was very nice.

I really liked this battle. It made me like Noctowl so much more. I wish Noctowl had learned Psychic instead of Confusion. I wonder if Noctowl could learn Psychic TM back in G/S/C?

I liked seeing Noctowl use its Foresight to make the Ghost-type Pokemon visible and how it learned Confusion during the battle. I would have liked it if the Noctowl vs Gengar match had lasted longer though, since it felt too short to me. I also thought that Gastly was in battle for what seemed like forever, and I did not expect Ash to have to use all three of his Pokemon to take it out. However, I did like how Cyndaquil ran up Gastly's tongue, that was great.

My favourite part of the episode would have to be when Team Rocket was being hypnotized by those Gastly.

I re-watched this episode yesterday, and I think I may have been too hard on Ash before. Looking back, he did fairly well against Morty even if Noctowl learning Confusion when it battled against Haunter seemed too convenient. Unlike most people, I didn't care much for the Gengar portion of the battle. I thought the species was a bit overexposed in the past so I wasn't exactly interested in seeing it demonstrate its powers again. I loved that Gastly got some screen-time though and that it managed to beat Pikachu, even if it seemed too easy. I loved how it used Lick like a whip against Noctowl as well. I even liked Team Rocket's parts of the episode since they were funny.

I was hoping the battle against Gengar would have been longer. It was Morty's strongest 'mon, it should have posed more of a challenge than that.
    Still an awesome battle, though.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12