Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trouble's Brewing! (185)

Ok I freaking love this Johto episode! Yeah I know most of these episodes get a bad reputation but this was the introduction episode for one of the best cities in the Pokemon anime; Ecruteak City. I love how they kept the city old yet with some modern additions to balance it all out. I loved the introduction of the Kimono Sisters (based on the Kimono Girls) and that tea serving ceremony which the dubbed version actually kept. I was surprised since that was a little too Japanese for the U.S. lol. Sakura was like Misty's new best friend and I loved how she still had an Eevee rather than evolve it like her sisters did. Overall, I'm glad they kept this intact rather than skip it in the U.S. since it was pretty fun to watch it all play out. 9/10.

Sakura's sisters are all pretty without the kimonoes.

My ideal battle ever!

This was a cool episode. Eevee and its evolutions episodes are always great! The cages were a bad idea... It's great that Sakura and Misty had much they could talk about since they are treated the same way by their sisters.

60/100

Very cool episode. Seeing the Kimono girls were cool. Nice to see the Eveelutions were cool.

8/10

trololol brock ruled here XD 10/10

This episode is great! When I saw it for the first time, it made me think about the episode about the Eeveelution brothers in Kanto. Sakura made a great debute, and Misty also had a great role in this episode. 10/10. I liked her battle with the girl with the Vaporeon (I don't know the names of the Kimono Sisters by heart), even though I hated the fact that Misty lost.

It would have been cool if Sakura had actually traveled around with them for a while. Lord knows it was boring as hell. And when I saw this episode and how much Misty was bonding with Sakura, it made me wonder that Misty didn't really have any female friends. It would have been nice to see her get along with another girl.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 28th February 2012 at 9:29 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

It bothered me that Ash won his battle against Sakura's sister. Like seriously, it's okay to have him lose against a clearly more experienced Pokémon trainer. It would've been cool to see Sakura travel with them but I guess it wasn't mean to be. Oh well.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Yeah but I think Pikachu was stronger here. Or atleast I thought so. Misty barely battled back then.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Quote Originally Posted by UnbelievableUrsula View Post
    Yeah but I think Pikachu was stronger here. Or atleast I thought so. Misty barely battled back then.
    It was said that all of Sakura's sisters were really strong battlers. Jolteon barely put up a fight against Pikachu. It was probably just included at the end to kill that last three minutes before the final scene of the episode where the group and Sakura part. Sadly.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Yes. It was sad. It would have been nice to replaced Misty but the writers wouldn't do anything that cool.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

This episode was really great in two ways. The first way was because of almost all the Eeveelutions were in this episode, and some of them you see rarely unfortunately. The second way was the tea party thing - another thing that is very reminiscent of Japanese traditions. I also loved all the sisters and Sakura, definitely some of the batter minor characters from the Johto Series.

Excellent episode because of Sakura's debut. She's one of my top favorite characters. I enjoyed seeing her in her Kimono, she's really pretty. Brock falling for all of Sakura's sisters was very enjoyable to see. I really loved how Misty & Sakura bonded so well instantly for having similar home lives and sisters who treat them the same. They would have had really nice interactions if she had traveled with the gang. I hated that Misty lost to Vaporean, but at least Ash made up for it.

The Eevee family members are among my favorite Pokemon aside from Pikachu. It was nice seeing almost all of them (that existed at the time) in this episode.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Ah yes. And Eeveelution episode. It was really good. I wish Sakura would have joined the gang, but oh well. Adding to that, I wish Staryu was used instead of Poliwhirl.

Here's something that didn't make sense. James grew up in a rich old money family. Being as this is in a type of Japan, wouldn't going to tea ceremonies be something he's familiar with? Why would he have needed Jessie's advice in learning about how to behave? Another perfect example where the writers don't remember character traits.

But the episode had an Evee in it so it was great.

There were some pretty funny parts in this episode. I loved how Brock reacted every time he fell in love with one of Sakura's sisters, how he turned himself around when they were having tea, and how Misty pulled him by the nose. I also laughed when Team Rocket got trapped in the cages they brought for Eevee and its evolutions.

Eevee is so cute, so I was glad to see it. Seeing most of its evolutions was great too. However, I would have liked to see Flareon more, since I don't remember seeing it use any attacks...

I thought Brock was going to go in to cardiac arrest at one point!
    Hilarious when he thought he actually had to turn around himself.

I have to confess, when I was watching this episode, I was wondering where the two other Kimono sisters (girls) were. Then I remembered that this was only generation 2 not generation 4, so Leafeon and Glaceon didn't exist yet.

I was kind of expecting Sakura's Eevee to evolve in to Espeon, because one of them already had Umbreon.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12