Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving Pictures! (189)

Default Moving Pictures! (189)

Moving Pictures!

Meeting up with their old friend Todd, Ash & Co. discover that Todd is searching for the Legendary Pokémon Articuno to get a picture. However suddenly a frozen Sunkern comes out of the sky. They take it to the nearest house where they meet an elderly couple who are having their wedding Anniversary. Can they heal the Frozen Sunkern?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This is by far, one of my most favourite episodes... As for the reason, it is pretty obvious... However, I have a question... How on earth did that poor Sunkern end up frozen???

Factory Head Noland Guest

It just.....fell from the sky, I think it might have come into contact with Articuno which froze it.
    Where did it come from in the sky? How did it get up there?

Waterstar Misty Guest

It was really cool how they brought Todd(Snap) back, that old couple was real funny they keep putting themselves right into stories. I really think that Sunkern was very cute and sweet.

Factory Head Noland Guest

Why did Snap's name change to Todd in the 3 episodes?

It's a cute pic of Sunkern at the top of the page. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonisgr8
    Why did Snap's name change to Todd in the 3 episodes?

It's a cute pic of Sunkern at the top of the page. ^_^
    It's a Canada thing. In Canada, they saw the original Todd episodes before the USA, and the said episodes had him being called 'Snap', like in Pokemon Snap. However, I believe 4Kids didn't like the name, so they called him Todd for the USA and the UK.

Toru is his Japanese name, I believe. It's a verb whichs means 'to take a picture'. (Kikimasu is 'to listen', Fact Fans.)

Anyway... OMG TORU-CHAN! *explodes* I really like the guy. He's nice, but he has got a arrogant streak running through him... Pokemopolis call it 'False Friendlyness', but I just think he's a loner. (You never see him with anyone, do you? Well, outside of my mind that is. Recently, I've been pondering Toru x Shuu, Toru x Mandy... n.n) I made a Wallpaper of him the other day, which I printed out and now have on the front of my Socialogy Folder. :3

Anyway, Sunkern was cute, the Old Couple were pretty funny. And Brock thinking about stringcheese was classic.

I didn't mind seeing Todd again. I do think he was a bit nuts to stick to doing just grass pokemon for a while. I don't mind grass pokemon, but the pictures he had of them were nowhere near as great as the photos on his wall that were in his first episode. Maybe those were just his best pics, though. I liked that he did get that picture of Articuno he wanted in his final episode.

I also liked the old couple in this episode. It was pretty funny how the old woman kept fooling the twerps into thinking that she was telling a true story. I also liked the part when the twerps and Todd weren't too thrilled that she was going to be telling her life story, and Brock was just wondering if she had any string cheese. LOL I also liked Todd's reaction to Wobbuffet. Yay!
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

I like Todd and i like the episode.
    She's story was funny for they not true.
    When Team Rocket coming sow they snowing Ash and Pikatchu and Sunkern save them.
    And Pikatchu shoot a Thundrebolt.
    9/10.

:x TODD.

He needs to sex me up like NOW. Well....me or Tracey. But yanno.

He's so sweet. XD OMG I WILL TAKE ZE PICCY-A-TURE 4U. D: Awww. *snooglesuffocate*

Purrrrrrr.

great episode! sunkern was fun to watch. id say 8.7/10

Noot bad seeing Snap(Yes, I call him Snap), and I liked Sunkern.

This episode was good, it begins the Freezer mini-arc, which was, IMO, one of the greater (filler?) arcs. in Jouto.

And we get to see Toru again. We haven't seen him since when? 150 + episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Meganium XD
    Noot bad seeing Snap(Yes, I call him Snap), and I liked Sunkern.
    There's nothing wrong with calling him Snap, after all, it IS his real dub name. x_x Or at least...

Todd = KWB airs

Snap = Airs outside of KWB.
    Last edited by Satoshi; 31st December 2005 at 6:47 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Alright, but not too exciting, with an appearance of someone not seen for a while O_o

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

why did Ash and friends not know who Articuno is?

Didn't they have a whole adventure with one in the 2nd Pokemon movie???

A very heartwarming episode, I really enjoyed it. I loved how that couple always kept putting themselves in romance story's and watching the gangs reaction to them. To bad they never. Anyone else catch the Pokedex error where it says that a Sun Stone is used to evolve Gloom into Vileplume. Also what was up with that string cheese comment made by Brock I still have no idea as to why he said even after rewatching this episode.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I agree with gold/silver 18 ash says (quote-I wish articuno was real-unquote)
    Quote Originally Posted by _Calm|Mind_ View Post
    The Internet - you're either underweight, overweight, a guy, or a guy pretending to be a girl.

Nice to see Todd again

But eugh, Ash seems to have forgotten about seeing Articuno in Movie 2... x.x

Anyway, the string cheese comment was so.. absurd. Yet funny. And I loved Sophia's story telling. And the way they were so in love, it was sweet

But
    The sunflora ruined it, Gawd I hate that pokemon so much. And their cry in the dub makes me want to scream

Other than that though, good episode
    Joshehh
    Pearl = Joshh : 0645 3400 0941

This was..interesting. Sunkern is really ugly to me though >_<

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Quote Originally Posted by Igottapoo View Post
    This was..interesting. Sunkern is really ugly to me though >_<
    hm, it's as half as bad as you say if you ask me, you just don't like the grass type i heard.

still, it was a nice episode.

a frozen sunkern falls from the sky..thats just funny ^_^;
    but it is a really cute Pokemon
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I heard a Pokedex error!

Jessie: Just Bog off! lol

Is it just me or i've heard this clips in Pheonix wrong bloopers.
    (Sorry about that. If im abusing this episode.)

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

I thought that the old lady's stories were getting a little annoying. I don't blame Ash, Misty, Brock, and Todd for not wanting to hear them. By the way, it is good to see Todd again. I still wonder how the Sunkern became frozen and fell out of the sky. My solution is that it got frozen by Articuno...but i still don't know why it fell from the sky. I like that Ash put his sun stone to good use. Also, during the pokedex entry for sun stone, it said it evolves gloom into vileplume when it really evolves it into bellossom. I am also confused on how Ash forgot who Articuno was.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Yeah this episode wasn't too bad, the old lady telling fake stories was good, especially the first one and when the husband showed himself lol.

Btw has anyone else found something odd at the end? When they are saying goodbye to the old couple it seems the voiceovers aren't in tune with the characters. Like for me when Ash was talking you could still hear Todd's voice and such. And it even went to the end credits, the song finished and the credits was still rolling!

Freeze Frame worked okay so I guess it was just this episode, but was I the only one?
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

I really enjoyed this episode my favorite part of this whole episode is when the old lady was telling the first fake story and Team Rocket were eavesdropping. And Meowth said "If that lady could speak spanish they can turn her life story into a telenovela (I don't know if thats how you spell it) which is a soap opera but in spanish 10/10
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

Good filler. it strange that Sunkern became frozen, because I don't think that Articuno did it on purpose.

Ash used his sun stone, I didn't think he will use it on a wild pokemon.

6/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast