Thread: The Art of StellarWind Elsydeon

Default The Art of StellarWind Elsydeon

Mmk. Since my ancient thread of ancientness is long since fossilized, I figured I might as well start a new one for the frell of it.

Due to the nature of the site most of what I'll post here is PokéMon - or at least PokéMon related - art. As a warning in advance, I mostly do sketches of more biological-styled PokéMon, but on occasion you might see a colored piece. Out of consideration for lower-bandwidth users (and in accordance with the rules) I will post most of my images as links - however, at least a few posts will include down-scaled versions of images ("thumbnails") which should be clicked on if you want to see the full thing.

So, to kick this thread into gear, two 'thumbnails' and a line of sketch-links.

Guardian Forme is not an official Forme of Deoxys, but rather, one of my own creations. The design materialized in my head one day and... well, it's been there ever since. It has a certain significance to me which I can't quite explain. Though I've drawn it before, this is the first picture I did of it that I deemed good enough to share with the rest of Teh World.

"I tell ye this and I charge ye with my words: In ancient times, a rebel spirit of violence and chaos rampaged across the world, laying all it saw to waste, leaving a path of destruction in its wake. Fearing for its creation, the Original One cast the being away across the threshold of dimension - but to teach it the value of preservation, he gave it a world to rule alone, unchallenged. Where there was one world there were now two, back to back - only visible to each other where the fabric of reality is weakened - but strongly bound together.

Lo - the beast that sought to unmake the world, became its guardian - its role reversed."

Giratina, the Renegade, In a moment between formes, between worlds.

Sketches:

The Bulbasaur Line - Because I figured I might as well start this thread with the starters.

The Charmander Line

The Squirtle Line

The Caterpie Line

And finally (for this post, anyway) :

A massive first-form starter group picture.

No replies whatsoever. Hmm.

Ah well. Here's a bunch of Gardenias. Because... Yeah.

Shipainter. Attempted to give her a bit of a painted look.

Chibi. Because that is just SO something she'd do.

The rest shall be posted as links:

Gardenia with her PokéMon. A version of this, colored by the ever-talented Irene, can be found in my DeviantArt Gallery.

Random doodles of Gardenia. Because I can.

Words cannot sum up how absolutely stunning your work is.

I always valued realistic works of Pokemon. You have a vwey talented hand, indeed. =] You drew each one so intricately and with such an original idea of their physical appearance. I look forward to more of your work. Oh, and... your 2nd Gardenia one made me lol. <3

I shall visit your thread again.
    ~ Pokémon X Team ~
    (erm, well... so far.)

Holy crap thes are good! That 'jumping' giratina was peefect! Only thing is... you realistic squirtle line is a bit too realistic. They scare me.

my random thought of the week:
    Life is full of surprises--That's what we love and hate about it. Once we think we've got things figured out, life throws us a screwball. Sure it sucks for a while, but we always come back for more.
    Now why would you want to click this?

Thank you for your comments. They are very much appreciated. ^^

Here's some assorted Pokeymans sketches:

Mareep Line - Do androids dream of electric sheep?

Gliscor. The wings are wrong in concept, but I still like the result.

Lapras. 'nuff said.

Exploud. I think of them as having unhingable jaws, like snakes.

Lastly, for today...

Gardenia and Me.

I don't think I need to explain the huge THING I have for Gardenia. ^^;;;

... I love you. Realistic pokemon artwork is one of the things I always keep an eye out for, because there are too few and I loves them and ...

*cough*

I like the way you made Blastoise's shell segmented, because now the whole 'cannons popping out of the shell' thing actually seems like it could be possible. And the bugs -- the detail on all the little furry segmented bits is kind of creepy, but very awesome. Also mareep. Sheep scare me. And so does your mareep. It's got the exact same little doe-like expression while it plots evilness behind those cute eyes.

OH! And Charizard! Personally I see the small wings dragons tend to have as more of a cartoonish representation, while in a more realistic setting the wings would be larger, and judging by the picture you seem to agree so <3. Charizard is very cool.

About the only gripe I have, if you can call it a gripe because I'm really searching for criticism here, is that the charmeleon looks a bit too avian. It's not a bad look in itself -- I kinda like it -- but it doesn't follow with Charmander and Charizard's more reptilian looks. I think it's the more angular shape of the head, in combination with the wing-shaped forearms. Considering that in the original art, the three look pretty similar in those respects, it just struck me as a bit odd.

Or maybe it's just the stances. Iono.

Oh! I also liked the painted version of Gardenia. A little different, and makes her look more mature, I thought. Nice style. *nodnod*

I shall lurk for moar. 8D Can we haz moar dragonz plz?

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate it ^_^

Re: Charmeleon, I see the line as ranging from more or less covered in plumes to completely scaly (except for the special spark-inducing plumes in their tails) depending on subspecies, region, etc. I was highly inspired by maniraptora dinosaurs (such as Dromaeosaurids) with the Charmander line... And as birds pretty much count... XD

For most Pok&#233;Mon I have various pseudo-biological explanations, too. But as I'm not sure what this forum's stance on posting lengthy descriptions along with pictures... Maybe later. XD

Re: Dragons - I don't have a lot of them drawn, but I'll see what I can do. I'll include one in this post. XD

Mmm. Alright. So THIS post is dedicated to two of my most significant personal characters.

Gad Sylvanhart and Mari.

In case you wonder, Mari's an Electabuzz. Yes, that's How I see Electabuzzes - anthropomorphic fuzzies that are part mammal, part archosaurid. At the risk of alienating half the forum I'll say this here and now. Yes. Something IS going on between those two. And before you say anything degrading, think of it this way. You wouldn't mind so much if it was a Gardevoir or something, right? >>;

Sketches:

Action Pose - Ready for Battle.
    Action Pose - Thunderpunch.
    Action Pose - Charging Lightning Vortex
    Chozo Statue Pose? o_O
    A Random Mari Doodlepage.
    A More angled face view.
    Mari as Gardenia - Because I'm a sad, strange, silly person.
    Newest sketch of hers.

Oekaki:

Soaking Sunlight In Grass.
    Gad and Mari in Sunset.
    Gold toned.
    The Goggles Do Nothing!

And lastly, just because it's been mostly Mari so far:

Gad Sylvanhart's team, including his Flygon. See? Told ya there'd be a dragon. >>;
    Last edited by StellarWind; 23rd March 2009 at 1:28 AM.

Your work is great. You made my favorite pokemons butterfree,gliscor and lapras look amazing. And your Charizard is the best Charizard ive ever seen.
    team_magma93

Thankye. ^^

Right. So here's a couple more Bio-fied Pokes. This post is a little description-heavy. You can skip it and just look at the pictures if you want, but I thought that I might as well share with you my thoughts on what makes the species tick. ^^

Breloom. They need moar love. Really.

Lake Spirits of Sinnoh - Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf, redone to look more like fae-creatures. For the less mythologically-adverse of you, Fae-critters aren't always cute and pretty.

Absol - Highly attuned with the elements, these solitary hunters live in mountainous regions, only descending to lower ground when they sense an impending natural disaster that may threaten their habitat. For this reason, they are both worshipped and feared as harbingers of cataclysms.

Gardevoir - Spikes are on the shoulders because I like my Gardies NOT impaled through the heart kthx.

A Swampert of a different subspecies than the one bred on 'Starter Farms'.

Drapion - NOT made entirely of Oldschool Zelda Style Spheres. This one is known to give people nightmares. XD

Awww, Lookit the Kitty!
    The majestic Torterra have very few natural enemies in the wild. Indeed, few are the creatures that will attempt to attack these peaceful armored behemoths. But this young, recently-evolved and slightly overconfident Luxio may be yet foolhardy enough to try.

The Torterra is unimpressed by the feline's attempt of intimidation, and bellows in response, possibly to warn the cat to clear off, before it accidentally gets itself hurt. These creatures are capable of generating massive earthquakes, which would prove devastating for this young electric-type lion.

Drowzee and Hypno - Evolution of an Oneirovore - 'Oneirovore', in approximate translation, would mean 'Dream Eater' - something the PokéDex entries always seem to attribute to Drowzee and Hypno. While I'm not sure if the species is solely Oneirovorous or if it requires some sort of more organic sustenance... The title just fit to the poses I put them in.

Kabutops - Transform and Roll Out. Several of Kabutops' dex entries suggest that when it swims, it compacts itself by folding its blades and its legs under its shell. This is probably the first art I've ever seen done of Kabutops in this formation. ^^

Sceptile - Normally I hate these things with a passion. Which made me want to draw one in a way that I'd halfway appreciate. So I made it vaguely Dilophosaur-like.

Togepis and Togetics.
    Togepies are social creatures, usually forming colonies in remote locations.During nesting season, the Togepi evolutionary line display a remarkable devotion for their nests and their hatchlings.

In the wild, it is rare for a Togepi to be stuck in its shell for too long - if the hatchling hasn't the energy to crack the rest of the egg on its own, the mother usually assists it in this endeavor. The chicks are usually capable of walking about on their own a short while after hatching, but remain in the nest for a while as they still need the protection of a parent until they have grown enough to protect themselves from predators. Juveniles, only recently evolved, will sometimes stay near the nest to provide further protection and assist in finding food - and thus learn how to care for their own future eggs.

Adult Togetics mate for life, and one of the parents stays with the eggs and/or newly-hatched Togepies while the other hunts for food. Togepies and Togetics are largely vegetarian, but they may also feed on small invertebrates.

I kinda like the inquisitive young'un peeking just over the edge of the nest here. The Standing Togetic is a freshly-evolved Juvenile while the one in the nest is the mother. One of the Togepies is still stuck in its egg - only just hatched, as can be witnessed by its shorter headcrests.

Buizel in Pursuit of prey.

Lotad and Lombre.
    The Lotad line is one of the strangest phenomena in the PokéMon world: an archosaurid that shows traits of convergent evolution with amphibians.

Lotad eggs are laid and hatched in water, anchored into water plants. The young Lotads are a life stage parallel to tadpoles in amphibian species - they are mostly waterbound, only surfacing to breathe (though they have a great lung capacity, the line still needs to breathe on occasion) and/or evolve. Also, they are hexapodal - a third pair of flippers (making a total of six flippers) helps propel them in water. Lotads usually float amidst the lilypads for camoflage (the lilypad like leaves on their backs grow symbiotically with them), occasionally diving to feed - their diet is similar to that of terran ducks, with a sole exception - they use the serrated edges of their 'beak' to catch small fish.

When a Lotad is ready to evolve, it will crawl onto land and evolve in process. Lombre, the evolved form, are more adapted for life on land, capable of both bipedal and quadrupedal movement on land as well as rapid swimming in water. Resembling the Kappas of Japanese myth, Lombre retain the feeding patterns of its pre-evolution, though it grows particularily partial to certain types of aquatic moss, which it scrapes off with its claws (these claws are rather sharp and can be used for hunting as well). The Lilypad that symbiotically grows with the PokéMon can be now used to help in regulation of body temperature. In order to protect its skin from small biting insects in its habitat and to make it harder to capture, this PokéMon's skin is usually coated in a layer of slippery film.

Ludicolo in a Bogforest
    The line's final evolution, Ludicolo, is water-stone triggered. This creature's body is covered in long plumes which are used both to retain its body temperature and for display purposes. The Lilypad on its head transforms further and becomes reminiscent of a ritualistic head-dress - also used for display purposes. Ludicolo are usually highly energetic and are highly sensitive to rhythm. During mating season, they are known to break into complex dances, which are used to attract and court potential mates, ward off potential rivals, et cetera. Ludicolo are oviparous, laying their eggs in water, anchoring them in water plants. Following that, the parents abandon the eggs and go their separate ways, possibly to mate again. This behaviour increases the chances of some of the eggs surviving - as Lotad eggs are a feast for some other species. A while later, these eggs will hatch into newborn Lotads, and the cycle shall begin again...

Sableye - What else is there to say about an adorable mineralovorous thingy?

Fossils! - Gen 1 and Gen 3's, anyway.

And Aerodactyl - Because I accidentally left it out when I drew that pic.

Elekid - Just for the hell of it.

An old Diamond Team of mine - Charlie the Infernape, Advil the Golduck, Chez the Luxray, Avalon the Lucario and Londo the Weavile.

Nidos! I see them as some kind of therapsids. Nidoking and Nidoqueen are yet to be drawn.

Dustox - Because really, why not?

Vespiquen - FOR THE ROYALTY!

Surskit and Masquerain
    I took some artistic liberties with the design. After all, Surskit is little more than a ball with legs officially. Very gen 2. >>; I was actually looking into pond skaters in search of reference re: Surskit and realized the thing was nothing like a pondskater - it's too damn ROUND. which lead me to see it as curled like some kind of isopod.

Surskit is capable of walking on water due to a combination of light weight distributed evenly along four long specialized legs tipped with glands that secrete an oil that allows them to walk on the surface of water without breaking the surface tension.

Surskits feed primarily on micro-organisms in the water of the ponds they live in. To do so, they dip their proboscis into the water and suck water into it. The water is passed through a filter-like tissue, leaving the micro-organisms within while expelling the water at high pressure from their bodies. Surskit are also known for secreting a form of honeydew from the tip of the 'spout' on their backs. It is believed that they use this substance to draw their microscopic prey nearer to them, but they have been known to utilize their honeydew as a defensive measure.

Upon evolution, Masquerain's specialized limbs transform into wings which allow it to hover and fly around. They possess large antennae similar to some species of terran moths - these antennae are largely used in the detection of pheromones - and thanks to the eye-spots on them, for intimidation of foes. Masquerain are for the most part predators, utilizing the wind as their primary weapon - after stunning potential prey with gusts of wind (or rarely a jet of water) they will grab hold of it with their smaller forelimbs and proceed to eat it.

Mawile. NOT Cute and Cuddly.

Deoxyses. Deoxii? Deoxes? Oh, what the frell ever.
    Deoxys are complex silicon-based entities. Their crystalline core functions as a crystal lattice computer, capable of sentient thought, learning and internal alteration as well as rather powerful psychokinetic abilities.

Deoxys travel the far reaches of space with their crystalline core in a dormant state, encased in rock. They drift through the void in search of planets which possess some form of life, then 'home in' on them and travel in their direction using their psychokinetic abilities as a manner of boosted propulsion. Upon crash-landing onto the planet, the Deoxys core scans the planet, reading the DNA of lifeforms and encoding it into its own crystal matrix. Using these DNA patterns, it synthesizes itself a body out of some form of bio-polymer (the base elements for the generation of which already exist within the Deoxys Core). This body serves both the function of protecting the core and providing the Deoxys with a body that is relatively well-suited for handling its environment. Provided the central core is undamaged, a Deoxys can reconfigure its 'body' to suit its needs - from altering its form to completely dissolving and absorbing it.

Theoretically, so long as the central core is intact and undamaged, a Deoxys may live for a very long time, if not forever. Deoxys however does require some form of energy to power itself. A Deoxys that is running low on energy will absorb its body and enter a state of 'stasis lock' - hibernation of sorts. It has been shown that exposure to focused bursts of laser can revive a stasis-locked Deoxys, and that even Deoxys in this "power saver" mode can reach out telepahtically and communicate with other lifeforms - or even call out to their own kind within an interplanetary range.

Even though PokéMon world Deoxys often display one of four 'Formes'(Attack, Defense, Speed and Neutral), it occurs to me that perhaps on different world, Deoxys would assume different Formes. This picture features two more "Formes".

Glenn Hendrix - an RP character of mine and his Rotom, Siegfried.
    Last edited by StellarWind; 24th March 2009 at 12:39 PM.

Because this? HAD to happen.

They are...wow!!
    The jumping gira is my fav
    How can you hate sceptile he is the best,and so is your realistic one
    so to sum up these r the best realistic drawings on the web i have seen

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by StellarWind View Post

Because this? HAD to happen.
    You evil genius! This is gonna be the newest Poke'meme! Nice job, you've doomed us all with perfect art style!

my random thought of the week:
    Life is full of surprises--That's what we love and hate about it. Once we think we've got things figured out, life throws us a screwball. Sure it sucks for a while, but we always come back for more.
    Now why would you want to click this?

Mawile. NOT Cute and Cuddly.
    This is genius.

All of these pokemon look so much like their real-world counterparts.
    These should be compiled to make a pokemon field guide or something.
    I love how you connected a lot of the designs to prehistoric animals.
    Now, I dare you to draw the five Rotom forms realistic.
    <--It's been a long time.
    --> How have you been?

Weird. Serebii glitched out or something...

Anyhow thank you all for the lovely comments. ^^

@ SHINY CATCHER (ow the caps they hurt my soul x-x) - I dislike the official-style Sceptile because, not only it doesn't fit in after Grovyle, it also looks bulky and kinda... how shall I put it... high on Magical Leaf? >>;; I kinda appreciate what I did to it though. XD

@ LegendaryRotom - There isn't much to do with Rotom. It's a plasma-critter that posesses appliances. XD I love that thing personally, but there isn't too much to realistify. ^^;

Anyway, here's something...

My little tribute to HeartGold and SoulSilver. ^^

Your Pokémon ideas are awesome. I wanna see a realistic Scizor and Tyranitar! Please?

these are AmAzInG! :O
    u are quite the artist.
    its cool to see the pokemon in a more realistic form.
    truely AmAzIng!

these are AmAzInG! :O
    u are quite the artist.
    its cool to see the pokemon in a more realistic form.
    truely AmAzIng!

your realistic pkes are stunning. i envy you.

okay, i like how they have more detail than real pokemon , especially bulbasaur.
    Yes visit it and i made the banner

I'm more active on bulbagarden than here.

Thanks. I tried doing a Tyranitar before, but it didn't turn out quite right. As for Scizor - time will tell...

Now that Prologue 3 of At The End of the Wilderness is up, I figured I'd post the pictures of the two characters involved in it:

Christine and Maren.

Complete with their teams and their new outfits. ^^

Also:

RPE Gad: The Calling

An RP character of mine and two of his PokeMon - Keirin, a Basileaf (the second stage of the grass-type starter of the Miato region) and Yuurin, a yet-unnamed alternate evolution of Grovyle, being Grass/Dragon type.

Cool drawings they are so vibrant.............................I wish I could draw.