Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Art Of Pokémon! (199)

Default The Art Of Pokémon! (199)

The Art Of Pokémon!

When Ash & Co. get to White Town, they discover that the town is being vandalised by a man's Smeargles. It turns out they are anxious to create art. Can Ash & Co. help them with this without damaging the town?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss..

Ororo Munroe Guest

This episode was good. I didn't really care about Smeargle but I saw this episode and it made them seem interesting.

This episode was kind of boring, especially since we'd already had a painter episode earlier in the season that was equally boring ("The Light Fantastic"). What was good, though, was that Team Rocket actually went almost the whole episode without something bad happening to them, even after they kidnapped the smeargles, until Wobbuffet accidentally knocked the paintings away.

This episode also has one of my all-time favorite lines, when James says that his parents have a sculpture by "the Japanese monster Rodin". ROTFLOL

vulpix Guest

i didn't really like this episode very much it was kinda boring.

The only thing I liked about this episode was the music they played when the Smeargle's painting was washed away and the man said they wouldn't pain tit again cuz it wouldn't be the same. (I think that music was also in the 2nd pokemon movie when Ash's mom was talkin to him at the end of the movie.)

boring but at least smeargle has an episode to himself. it wouldve been better if smeargle accually used sketch on something

I liked Smerigle inthis eppie, it was a good one ^^

I never knew this ep. existed 0.0 Anyways, looks good but I don't really want to look at any pics or read anything right now

I liked this episode.

This one was pretty decent, especially with Smergle's appearance

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

A nice filler episode. I love the part where James says his parents have a sculpture from Rodan the Japanese giant monster, he obliviously meant Auguste Rodin a French painter and sculpture, but remember kids one is a giant Pterosaur the other is French but they both have to power o destroy cities.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

It was all a bit.. bleh

They just walked away from TR, the people all just turned happy and agreed with everything Jack said, and the Smeargle didn't even showcase sketch. However, it was nice to at least see the Smeargle, and there were some golden lines in the dub.
    Joshehh
    Pearl = Joshh : 0645 3400 0941

At least this episode made a reference to one of my favorite Toho monsters, Rodan. It's kind of weird that none of the Smeargles have green paint on the tip their tails like they showed in the game design.

This was a bad filler. Just sloppy paint in a sloppy episode :P Didn't like it.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

hm, because some old man wanted to create art he decided to ruin the town, it doesn't make much sense if you ask me.

Nah, i dunno i dont like this episode..Smergle is a cute Pokemon but he just dont fit in this epi
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I think this was a waste of an episode, what exactly does Smeargle do except make a mess with a load of paint.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Hey! Its that Martet lady from Goldenrod City! lol
    This episode reminds me of a advert. And I dont like Smeargle, thay use sketch which that move will change a copy of other pokemon attack! Ones thay use that move, no sketch anymore!

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

I liked this episode. I think Smeargle are really cool pokemon. I thought it was funny when James said that the man could be poor and need the million dollars. Jack Pollockson is most likely named after the artist Jackson Pollock. Also, did anyone else notice that when Jessie was holding the art book, the glove on her right hand seems to disappear.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Very boring episode I really like when Brock resembled one of the painting when he first saw Officer Jenny. Silly Brock.
    I rate this 4.5/10
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

If Smeargle hadn't appeared and made this it's debut, this would've been the biggest filler ever. I mean, nothing really happened to progress the story much at all. It was very boring and Smeargle wasn't as entertaining as I'd hoped. I thought that it's appearance would make for some laughs but it wasn't the case in this episode. 2/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 9th November 2010 at 1:33 AM.

Nice episode.
    It was cool to see a Smeargle because they were not showed so much in the anime.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Smeargle for the 1st time. Smeargle's painting in town near the end was really cool to see. Too bad they never got to show off their Sketch move in battle...

20/100

This episode was kinda cool. Seeing Smeargle for the first time was interesting.

6/10

I'm such a nerd...when I saw Whitestone City I instantly said, "Minas Tirith!" >.>
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast