Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 77

Thread: The Heartbreak of Brock! (200)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    15,950

    Default The Heartbreak of Brock! (200)

    The Heartbreak of Brock!

    After saving a girl when she tripped, she falls for Brock. The girl really likes Brock and takes him to meet her father. However when Team Rocket attack, she ends up with Team Rocket and starts to fall for James. Who will she pick?

    Visit The Episode Guide

    Discuss

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    After Colonly 195
    Posts
    4,841

    Default

    Truely one of the best episodes ever (and not just because I am an AAMLer) this was just very funny, and cute.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, Ihng-Land
    Posts
    5,296

    Default

    Its a shame Temaku was a one-shot character, she's definatly one of the most interesting people that Ash & co have come across (and damn adorable 0_o; ). Although, I can't imagine her relationship with Dr.Random lasting too long
    Definatly one of the better episodes, as it was nice to see Brock getting a taste of his own medicine...hehehe, although he obviously hasn't learnt his lesson. It was also great to see James in such fear over having a fiance XD

  4. #4
    meggirl63 Guest

    Default

    I've uploaded a clip from that episode at the 'Charizard and Ash's Pokemon Club' at

    http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/...emonclub/files

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Under the Indigo Plateau
    Posts
    5,964

    Default

    Finally, someone in a episode who is JUST LIKE ME. XD!

    Temaku's awesome. She falls for like every hot guy ever, just like me. XD!

    Except I don't have a Nidorina. I have a Hariyama. >>



    Purrrrrrr.

  6. #6
    Ororo Munroe Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_Bugsy
    She falls for like every hot guy ever, just like me.
    Yeah. LOL

    Anyways, this was a nice episode. It was amusing how a girl liked Brock and he didn't like her back and she acts like him.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nonya
    Posts
    531

    Default

    It was funny seeing the reactions of Ash and Meowth; Ash thought Misty meant THEY'D get married, and I guess Meowth already assumed Jessie thought she was James's girlfriend.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Joliet, IL
    Posts
    1,763

    Default

    I love Temacu! It's interesting to see the shoe on the other foot with Brock, where he's the one being pursued and he's backing off. I also love the part when Temacu mentions the word "fiancee" to James and he has a flashback to Jessiebelle. Too bad Brock ended up losing Temacu to the doctor.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebok
    It was funny seeing the reactions of Ash and Meowth; Ash thought Misty meant THEY'D get married, and I guess Meowth already assumed Jessie thought she was James's girlfriend.
    Just before any picks up on that and starts claiming "dub-only", Archaic from Bulbagarden told me that scene it was still very shippy in the original version even though those comments weren't actually said, haven't seen it myself, but I trust him

    Haven't even seen the dub yet either, looks like I'm gonna have to buy this one on DVD at some point lol.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, Ihng-Land
    Posts
    5,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut
    I also love the part when Temacu mentions the word "fiancee" to James and he has a flashback to Jessiebelle. Too bad Brock ended up losing Temacu to the doctor.
    Yes, I enjoyed that part to. It was nice to see that events from James' past hadn't been completly forgotten by the writers. Although, I think its a shame Jessibel hasn't made any other appearences since then. You'd think with her over-flowing obbsession for James that she'd at least try to hunt him down or something...in a proper and orderly manner of course~

    Also, that Doctor was a complete a**-clown if you ask me. I hope Temacu dumped him with extreme prejudice...mmhmm *nods, nods*

    Infact, speaking of Temacu, she also needs to return at some point. If she dumped the Doctor, she could chase Brock across the globe, which means she could appear more often, which would make Gravy somewhat happy and give him more reason to watch the animé. Yep, that it would ~^.^~
    She deserves to return, she was like, the best filler character ever.
    Oh, and her character design totally rocked. Which is a rarity for random-filler girls IMO~ Infact, she'd make a pretty good gym leader for the games...*ponders*

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Yes, I enjoyed that part to. It was nice to see that events from James' past hadn't been completly forgotten by the writers. Although, I think its a shame Jessibel hasn't made any other appearences since then. You'd think with her over-flowing obbsession for James that she'd at least try to hunt him down or something...in a proper and orderly manner of course~

    Also, that Doctor was a complete a**-clown if you ask me. I hope Temacu dumped him with extreme prejudice...mmhmm *nods, nods*

    Infact, speaking of Temacu, she also needs to return at some point. If she dumped the Doctor, she could chase Brock across the globe, which means she could appear more often, which would make Gravy somewhat happy and give him more reason to watch the animé. Yep, that it would ~^.^~
    She deserves to return, she was like, the best filler character ever.
    Oh, and her character design totally rocked. Which is a rarity for random-filler girls IMO~ Infact, she'd make a pretty good gym leader for the games...*ponders*
    Heh heh. You know Gravy, despite the image surronding you, and the image of you that I had in my head for quite some time, the truth has just hit me. Deep down, you're a Fanboy, just like me. ^_^ I knows one when I sees one. XD The whole way you talk about her is totally unlike someone who just considered her a cool character. (Like how I consider... say, Damian 'cool'.) It's the same language I use when talking about Roxanne.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Under the Indigo Plateau
    Posts
    5,964

    Default

    Yey for fanboys! And yey for the appearance of P_B-chan in 2 episodes. XD (This 'un and A Meditite Fight)

    *shifty looks* *runs away*



    Purrrrrrr.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, Ihng-Land
    Posts
    5,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Heh heh. You know Gravy, despite the image surronding you, and the image of you that I had in my head for quite some time, the truth has just hit me. Deep down, you're a Fanboy, just like me. ^_^ I knows one when I sees one. XD The whole way you talk about her is totally unlike someone who just considered her a cool character. (Like how I consider... say, Damian 'cool'.) It's the same language I use when talking about Roxanne.
    Oh? And what image would that be may I ask? Mild mannered guy who tends to post in the animé section too much and has no definable character traits perhaps? XP
    *ahem* And yes, I am pretty much a fanboy actually ^^; I just tend to keep my fanboy-ish-ness (I'm sure thats not a real word~) quiet compared to a lot of people and rarely say much on the matter. On this occassion though, I was kinda hyped-up after obtaining this episode and watching it about thrice over, so...yeah, guess I kinda let the secret out thanks to that XD;

    But really, everything I said about Temacu is true anyways. She seriously needs to return ^.^ As do a few other filler-girls come to think of it...Chigusa is a definate candidate~

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Oh? And what image would that be may I ask? Mild mannered guy who tends to post in the animé section too much and has no definable character traits perhaps? XP
    *ahem* And yes, I am pretty much a fanboy actually ^^; I just tend to keep my fanboy-ish-ness (I'm sure thats not a real word~) quiet compared to a lot of people and rarely say much on the matter. On this occassion though, I was kinda hyped-up after obtaining this episode and watching it about thrice over, so...yeah, guess I kinda let the secret out thanks to that XD;

    But really, everything I said about Temacu is true anyways. She seriously needs to return ^.^ As do a few other filler-girls come to think of it...Chigusa is a definate candidate~
    Actually, that's exactly what I thought of you. XD No offence meant, of course. It's just that, like with many members here, you can't really tell much of their personality when they are talking about events in episodes that have yet to air. (Speculation, and such.) It's only in things like this, concerning past events and characters, can you truly see a person's interests and personality. I mean, you can hardly obsess over Roxanne in a thread about Shiny frikken Donphan. :P But yay for us, anyway. ^_^

    In some ways, I liked this episode. And yet, in others, I did not. Temacu *was* a cool character, (Rather much like a certain other girl who obsessed over James, Jessibelle/Rumika.) but I didn't like the ending. It was frikken MISTY'S POLIWHIRL that hurt Temacu, if I remember correctly, so why the hell was everybody blaming James just because she choose to protect him? (Sorry if that is inaccurate. I've only seen this episode once. XD) Then there was that random annoying doctor at the end. -_-

    Oh, here's a thought. In all of Temacu's fantasies, not once was her wedding dress white. Ponder that for a second. :3

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Joliet, IL
    Posts
    1,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso

    In some ways, I liked this episode. And yet, in others, I did not. Temacu *was* a cool character, (Rather much like a certain other girl who obsessed over James, Jessibelle/Rumika.) but I didn't like the ending. It was frikken MISTY'S POLIWHIRL that hurt Temacu, if I remember correctly, so why the hell was everybody blaming James just because she choose to protect him? (Sorry if that is inaccurate. I've only seen this episode once. XD) Then there was that random annoying doctor at the end. -_-
    Yeah, no kidding. Team Rocket were treated worse in seasons three and four than any other season, if that's even possible (looking at the season as a whole, not just individual episodes), though season seven is getting there. Their getting blasted off in "Flower Power" for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON AT ALL (for gosh sakes, they just wanted to add to the entertainment) springs immediately to mind. I hate when things regarding Team Rocket are blown completely out of proportion just because they're the bad guys. Yeesh. Their good deeds ("A Promise is a Promise", "A Poached Ego") end up going unrecognized, which is sad.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    30

    Default Brock's and Misty's talking

    It is one of my favourite episodes I remember scene in which Misty talking with Brock. In one moment he asked her: "From where you know it everything?" She didn't answer. But I know! She has experience in "this business"> because she is fal in love! she loves ash! The day before yesterday I saw the first one in my life picture in which she and Ash are kising I knew that she loves him but I doidn't know I wil se it! It's grate! I 'm so happy because of that! But! May kissed Ash! Why?!
    Last edited by Kasumi; 22nd February 2005 at 5:40 AM.

  17. #17
    vulpix Guest

    Default

    aw man i never saw this episode,but it sounds really good.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Francisco CA
    Posts
    570

    Default

    I just bouahgt the episode on DVD after not seeing for years and I found something extreamly funny (well to me any ways), Temaku's second dream wedding dress is one giant Angel Lily refernce. Okay let me explane: Angel Lily is a MAgical Girl from the anime Wedding Peach (think Sailor Moon with a wedding theme... AND IT'S NOT A RIP-OFF!) anyways the Magical Girls in the anime have two dresses tradidtion MAgcal Girl and Wedding Dresses, Temaku's 2nd dream wedding dress was nearly idetical to Angel Lily's wedding dress, hat, sleeves and even color even her bouqe was also lilys. I also think the other two dress were smaller refecews to the other Love Angels, Pink= Wedding Peach, Gold= Angel Daisy.
    One day... one day in the future... I will get over my hatred of Betas... when that day comes you will be able enjoy my fics in all it's glory...

    Unless you hate crossovers and AUs... then your pretty much screwed...

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, Ihng-Land
    Posts
    5,296

    Default

    *searches on google for a few minutes*

    ...Holy freakin' crap, you're absolutely right. Hell, Temacu's hairstyle is even strikingly similar to that of Momoko, the main character O_O; Dare to compare~

    ...Awesome! I do believe this is my cue to produce some fanart! *scuttles off*
    Last edited by Gravy; 4th June 2005 at 7:12 PM.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,555

    Default

    ...:0

    I may even be producing some 'fanart' of my own, you know. If you get what I mean. *nudge nudge*

    ...*waits to Gravy to say something* ...>.>

    *wink wink*

    ...

    ...

    Okay, I might be drawing a awfully naughty picture which may contain Temachu. :0 *wonders who to put her with if anyone*

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, Ihng-Land
    Posts
    5,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    ...:0

    I may even be producing some 'fanart' of my own, you know. If you get what I mean. *nudge nudge*

    ...*waits to Gravy to say something* ...>.>

    *wink wink*

    ...

    ...

    Okay, I might be drawing a awfully naughty picture which may contain Temachu. :0 *wonders who to put her with if anyone*
    *3 days later*....something! :O
    I think Temacu would go well with a dash of Pheobe or a pinch of Chigusa for whatever bizzare reason. *commences the rolling of eyes*

    And TemaCHU? CHU? Oh my, its Hocus-Pokémon all over again. But, you know. FAR cuter.

    I need to take up your oh-so-subtle suggestion of drawing Roxxanne and Nosepass also methinks. Because I'm that nice a guy. (?!?)

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Roaming the universe.
    Posts
    855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Oh? And what image would that be may I ask? Mild mannered guy who tends to post in the animé section too much and has no definable character traits perhaps? XP
    *ahem* And yes, I am pretty much a fanboy actually ^^; I just tend to keep my fanboy-ish-ness (I'm sure thats not a real word~) quiet compared to a lot of people and rarely say much on the matter. On this occassion though, I was kinda hyped-up after obtaining this episode and watching it about thrice over, so...yeah, guess I kinda let the secret out thanks to that XD;

    But really, everything I said about Temacu is true anyways. She seriously needs to return ^.^ As do a few other filler-girls come to think of it...Chigusa is a definate candidate~
    Chigusa?

    Anywho...

    She DOES need to return,she was one of the cutest,hell,even the cutest Pokemon anime character evar ^_^


    Its a shame Temaku was a one-shot character, she's definatly one of the most interesting people that Ash & co have come across (and damn adorable 0_o; ).
    Yup

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ares Vallis
    Posts
    5,311

    Default

    I had forgotten how good this episode was. In a sea of fillers, this one stood up as one of the most hilarious and memorable in mid-Jouto. As Ed says, episodes involving love are always great, and this is no exception.

    Himeka was adorable, and it was hilarious to see a pretty girl hitting on Takeshi for a change. He was all awkward and had no idea what the hell to do. And then when she starts hitting on Kojirou, he flips out and has a flashback of Rumika at the mention of "fiancé". XD Not only was that funny, it proved that the writers actually do remember something that happened in their own show. And once again Musashi and Nyasu force poor Koji into one of their twisted schemes.

    Then after Satoshi-tachi dispense of the Rocket-dan and Takeshi finally decides that he likes Himeka, she wakes up and immediately goes through the whole wedding shpiel with that doctor guy. Poor Takeshi never catches a break. XD

    The only thing I didn't really like about this one is how in the hell Kojirou-tachi didn't notice that they had failed to capture all those pokémon and accidentally kidnapped Himeka when they were in the same damn balloon the entire time. >_> That just makes no sense.

    I don't remember what the dub music sounded like in this ep, but I do remember that some of it was not the same as in the original version. This one was in the period when they really started mutilating it. :/

    And on a final note, Himeka's skirt was freakin' tiny. I mean, damn. o_o
    ~

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Roaming the universe.
    Posts
    855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    And on a final note, Himeka's skirt was freakin' tiny. I mean, damn. o_o
    o_o I never noticed that,what the hell?

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    good episode and had a prety good storyline 9.5/10

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •