Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Heartbreak of Brock! (200)

Not one I enjoyed so much but meh, it wasn't horrible.

When misty said thet'd get married sumday i fell of my chair! I didn't understand what she at the time. I thought she meant she was gonna marry ash xD

Nice episode, but Temacu is annoying. I hate girls that get obbsessed with a guy.

Randomly decided to pop in my Johto League Champion DVDs today, and decided to watch this episode.

The animation in this episode surprisingly held up great. Obviously it isn't digital like AG is, but it still looks good. Brock/Temacu was amusing, more so than James/Temacu.

Heh, Misty shoots Temacu with Water Gun. The way the animation did a slow-mo on Temacu's face gave me the impression that this was supossed to be a suggestive undertone, especially with the skirt blowing in the wind after she fell.

Nice episode, but of course Brock has to be heartbroken in the end everytime a potential love interest comes up.

*notices Alfonso/Gravy circle jerk on first page*

Eh, funny how people get to know each other in only a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    *notices Alfonso/Gravy circle jerk on first page*

Eh, funny how people get to know each other in only a few years.
    I hadn't heard of that term before you said it. I assumed it meant something nice, like friendship, getting to know eachother, etc.

Then I did a search on it.

o_o!

First time me and Gravy interacted properly, I think.

Alfonso, Gravy, V Faction and Cybercubed... the four musketeers. :0

I was going to post something funny, but then I thought it might exclude one of us.

So I didn't. Ta-da?
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Temacu was f-ing funny. It's filler characters like her that make me want to watch the entire Johto series in search of good filler characters. :3 It's finally nice to see Brock getting hit on by a cute girl rather then the other way around. Temacu should've gotten another episode, seeing fangirl-like characters like her is fun.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

well, I just saw this episode in Japanese. A few notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Just before any picks up on that and starts claiming "dub-only", Archaic from Bulbagarden told me that scene it was still very shippy in the original version even though those comments weren't actually said, haven't seen it myself, but I trust him
    actually, no. I can, once and for all, confirm that the line in question was indeed dub-added. Where as in the English version, Ash is shocked to Misty saying "You and I will be married someday, too", the Japanese version simply has Kasumi say "Are wa Takeshi no hitomebore ne" ("I guess she fell for Takeshi at first sight"). My guess is that Satoshi was surprised since that usually doesn't happen. Later in the episode, Rocket Dan kinda repeats the scene with Kojirou getting hit on, and Nyaasu acting shocked to Musashi saying "Douyara ano ko Kojirou ni hitomebore no you ne" ("It seems like that kid fell for Kojirou at first sight"), which as you can see is almost exactly what Kasumi said earlier. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Iveli View Post
    I just bouahgt the episode on DVD after not seeing for years and I found something extreamly funny (well to me any ways), Temaku's second dream wedding dress is one giant Angel Lily refernce. Okay let me explane: Angel Lily is a MAgical Girl from the anime Wedding Peach (think Sailor Moon with a wedding theme... AND IT'S NOT A RIP-OFF!) anyways the Magical Girls in the anime have two dresses tradidtion MAgcal Girl and Wedding Dresses, Temaku's 2nd dream wedding dress was nearly idetical to Angel Lily's wedding dress, hat, sleeves and even color even her bouqe was also lilys. I also think the other two dress were smaller refecews to the other Love Angels, Pink= Wedding Peach, Gold= Angel Daisy.
    I noticed Himeka had a tendency to say "mekyuu"(?) everytime she got love-struck. Would that happen to be a Wedding Peach reference?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    In some ways, I liked this episode. And yet, in others, I did not. Temacu *was* a cool character, (Rather much like a certain other girl who obsessed over James, Jessibelle/Rumika.) but I didn't like the ending. It was frikken MISTY'S POLIWHIRL that hurt Temacu, if I remember correctly, so why the hell was everybody blaming James just because she choose to protect him? (Sorry if that is inaccurate. I've only seen this episode once. XD) Then there was that random annoying doctor at the end. -_-
    the episode's fresher in my head as of typing this. And you're right, it was Kasumi's Nyorozo that hurt Himeka, and yes, that bugged the hell out of me as well. Himeka got in the way of her own free will, and none of the characters ever stopped to consider that she may really have a thing for Kojirou to be taking things that far (even though she actually didn't, as her father soon reveals... still, taking a figurative bullet was probably the biggest thing she's ever done in her seemingly random obsessions, 'cause we sure as hell never got to see her do that for Takeshi or Dr. Random... though, nothing says she might've given the circumstances). It also would've been nice to see Kojirou's reaction to this, as even though he's emotionally scarred by the prospect of having a fiancee, an act of self-sacrifice would greatly differ his view of Himeka from Rumika (of course, it'd be a very short-lived love interest that's gone by the next episode, much like Rose in the Housou special). Instead, we just get straight to the finger-pointing and "It's all your fault! GTFO!!!" "BOOM!" "This is the sh*ts!" -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    Oh, here's a thought. In all of Temacu's fantasies, not once was her wedding dress white. Ponder that for a second. :3
    speaking of her fantasies... is it just me, or did she really want a high-class wedding with Kojirou? I mean, crystal stairs (possibly further evidence that she was willing to take Kojirou further than her other obsessions. See previous parenthesis insert).

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    ...Awesome! I do believe this is my cue to produce some fanart! *scuttles off*
    ne, Gravy... you made that post over a year ago. How come I don't see any Himeka fanart on your DA? Speaking of DA, you didn't forget... you know...

And just one more interesting tidbit here: Himeka has a tendency to relate people's names to Pokemon. After asking around on the staff channel about the dub version (been so long since I saw it), she apparently did it in the English version as well, however, with some differences. Himeka relating her name to Himeguma (hi), Merriep (me), and Karakara (ka), is pretty much intact (Temacu relates to Teddiursa, Mareep, and Cubone). However, what I was really curious about asking on the channel was how they handled Brock and James's names, considering they're just one syllable in the English version.

Originally, Himeka said that Takeshi's name refers to Tamatama (ta), Casey (ke), and Shellder (shi), while Kojirou is Koiking (ko), Jugon (ji), Rokon (ro), and Usokkii (u). Remarkably, it turns out the dub kept all these Pokemon references intact (except Shellder... for some reason, Temacu uses Cloyster, instead), but instead of directly referring to the English names Brock and James, she suggests that a different name is more suitable for them ("Exbracloy" and "Madevusu", respectively).
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 30th August 2006 at 10:25 AM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

*shudders* Eew...THAT'S what I was like back in early 2005? Tell me the truth doc'...have I really changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    ne, Gravy... you made that post over a year ago. How come I don't see any Himeka fanart on your DA? Speaking of DA, you didn't forget... you know...
    I did actually keep my word and make some Temacu fanart. Infact, it was one of the few pieces of work I've been genuinely proud of. It took me absolutely ages to complete, and it was all drawn in MS paint. I did a background, added loads of tiny little details, the works.
    But then of course, you have to remember that fate has a sick, twisted sense of humour. I was almost finished with the picture, and had been taking a break from it for a couple of days. All I had left to do was fix her arm up and colour in her ickle bow-tie and it would have been 100% done and dusted. But then, wouldn't you know it...BAM! Computer decides to get a virus. Only way to fix it, was to wipe everything, and restore the piece of garbage to how it was before it was purchased.
    Needless to say, it put me off drawing something like that again for quite some time :/

And no, I can assure you I haven't forgotten You Know. I've just got a heavy workload that I've been foolishly procrastinating with (again) so...yeah, that's putting a dent in the time I could be using to make things for myself and others ^^;

And my, my. Looks like you've all got this very relevent-to-the-topic, post to deal with

I'm curious Yamato-san, did Misty say to Brock in that part in the dub she said, "Take it from me, it's a lot easier to like someone who likes you then to like someone who doesn't." Did she say that in the Jap version or was that dub added?

*pats Gravy* Been there, done that. :< Trust me I know what it feels like, *has gotten corrupted files of almost completed AMVs* ;;
    Last edited by Umi Mizuno; 31st August 2006 at 11:27 PM.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Umi Mizuno View Post
    I'm curious Yamato-san, did Misty say to Brock in that part in the dub she said, "Take it from me, it's a lot easier to like someone who likes you then to like someone who doesn't." Did she say that in the Jap version or was that dub added?
    uh.... at exactly what point in the episode does she say this?

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

When she's trying to convince Brock to reciprocate Temacu's advances. The exact scene is where she says that line, he questions her, then she recoils and sweatdrops.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

This is seriously one of the best Brock episodes, but this time, vise-versa

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

i liked this episode who was mist talking about ash?
    "we'll get married to someday" ash's reaction was hilarous and so was misty's
    and "its eaier to love someone who loves you back than to love some one who doesn't"????? who's this for
    shame there are no pictures

Angry

This was another great episode! I had 2 be annoyed at Brock for a bit. A girl finally wanting him and he gets cold feet. Then at the end it was too late! Man! Team Rocket was tight in this ep. too. When the girl wanted James to be her finance, I knew there was gonna be a mention/flashback about jessibella coming!

89/100

Seeing this episode along with "Wayward Wobbuffet" and "Air Time" really makes me regret missing mostly the whole 4th season because back then I had to move to another state with My grand-parents and we didn't have cable for almost two years!

Mistys "Marry" line to ash was coooool. Im a pokeshipper, you see.
    ;[

what happened.

Yea these were classic Johto episodes to me... This was indeed a good episode!

But they should have made a "vision" sort of thing where ash and misty in a tuxedo and a gown..... sorry, getting carried away.....
    ;[

what happened.

One of the all time best episodes of the entire series, it's very hilarious when we get a female Brock in Temaku, it's to bad she's only a filler. It's nice seeing Brock on the receiving end for once and gets cold feet because of it, I also noticed the references to the anime Wedding Peach with Temaku's different dresses and hair styles. Nice seeing Misty admit to actually liking someone and them not noticing or not returning the feelings, also loved Misty's line to Ash "Someday you and I will be married to." Ashes reaction to the line was priceless, I always wondered if she actually meant her and Ash or if she just meant it in general reference?
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Temaku is head over heels for Brock here in this episode. Just like her, I had a Nidorina once but, unfortunately, I evolved it into a Nidoqueen. Cool score for Temaku, but why did she become in love with James instead of Brock in the last part?(I loved that Roxanne Doll here. In case you don't know who's Roxanne, she's the first gym leader of Hoenn.)

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    Nice seeing Misty admit to actually liking someone and them not noticing or not returning the feelings, also loved Misty's line to Ash "Someday you and I will be married to." Ashes reaction to the line was priceless, I always wondered if she actually meant her and Ash or if she just meant it in general reference?
    Actually that line was typical 4kids 'make Ash and Misty lovers' edit. In the original, Misty simply said that the girl has a crush on Brock.

Temaku was amazing, I'd say she was one of the best ever filler characters. Seeing her fight for James, and giving Brock a taste of his own medicine were really nice. And it was lovely to see Misty's tutoring and pushing of Brock, and the fact that they recognised Team Rocket for once!

One of the best Johto eps I'd say
    Joshehh
    Pearl = Joshh : 0645 3400 0941

I like how someone finally liked Brock for a change. James as well. Of course neither of them got with her >_> Oh well.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

the storyline in this episode was good if you asked me, i would give it a 7/10 which is above the middled rating.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

It was a good episode...i was kinda jealous when she fell for James o_O;
    lol...i know iam odd...it was one of my faves
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast