Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turning Over A New Bayleef! (202)

Default Turning Over A New Bayleef! (202)

Turning Over a New Bayleef!

After it had evolved, Ash's Bayleef still thinks as if it were a Chikorita and keeps slamming into Ash trying to hug him. When Ash gets mad, Bayleef gets upset and runs off. Can Ash get it back?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Although I love Bayleef in this episode, I don't like how Ash acts like such a jerk toward her in the beginning of the episode. He really overreacted in his treatment of her. It kind of disturbs me in the end, too, when you see how nervous she is about approaching Ash again. Otherwise the episode is good, but I can't stand how Ash acts in this episode.

Factory Head Noland Guest

He does act like a right jerk when Bayleef is just trying to hug him, it's not Bayleef's fault that it Body Slammed him by accident, it wasn't used to being a Bayleef then.

Hmm...i remember this one...it was sad for Bayleef...as it had no choice to evolve then...to save her life...and she does love Ash a lot in the way she shows it...i'd say she like Ash more then pikachu does...

well...the TR Mecha was funny...
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

I think Ash liked Bayleef almost as much as it liked him. Notice every time in the first few AG episodes that Ash keeps trying to call on Bayleef. ;-;

4Kids used the same pun in Turning Over a Nuzleaf.
    My name is Sibyl.

Hales Guest

This would have been one of my favourites if I could just watch it, Bayleef is my favourite Johto Pokemon... especially Ash's...

Not to mention her voice is just adorable... plus it's always Ash that gives her the confidence to fight back (eg. Movie 4) with determination... and the idea of Bayleef being in love with Ash is adorable...

I seem to like using Bayleef and Adorable in the same sentence... I'm sorry!

I also noticed that twice in AG Ash called on Bayleef, before realising he doesn't have her because he left her with Oak, I think it's sweet... she'd better be in the Hoenn League *stubbornly*

Shiny May Guest

A good episode. I thought it was really sad how Ash treated his Bayleef. He could have understand it that it wasn't used to its new body yet. But I like how Ash tried to make things up with Bayleef !! It was cute

PokeFan4Ever7783 Guest

Okay when I saw "Chikorita's Big Upset" I felt really bad for it. But after seeing this one I swear I could just ring Ash's puny little neck! How come when Pikachu shocks Ash and sometimes on purpose he doesn't get really mad? I never heard him tell Pikachu to go away after being shocked. But all Bayleef wants to do is hug Ash and he flies off the handle? I swear I think Ash was such a jerk in this episode. He needs to be a little more sensitive to Bayleef's feelings. He finally get's a Pokemon excluding Pikachu who really likes him and he treats it like that??? If I were Bayleef I'd let Ash apologize until the Miltank come home and I still wouldn't go back with him.
    Last edited by PokeFan4Ever7783; 18th May 2005 at 1:34 AM.

WindyNight Guest

I like that episode... At first, I felt really sorry for Ash's Bayleef...
    But I am glad that Ash apologized to it in the end of the episode.
    Bayleef is really cute...^^

great episode! i loved it and it was hilarious! ash was kinda mean though 8.8/10

That episode made me cry...Actually it really did ...

PokeTrainer7783 Guest

I tell you Ash really rubbed me the wrong way in this episode. Ash is the one saying "Pokemon should be treated equally" and here he goes and treats one of his own Pokemon like that. When he yelled at Bayleef I really wanted to go through the TV screen and just smack him. While I think Bayleef's crush for Ash is a little overboard I don't think Ash should have shunned it the way he did. and here I felt bad for it when it was Chikorita. I think Ash after this realized how much Bayleef really liked him. Because in AG he called on Bayleef first when he thought he had his Pokemon with him. Forgetting that he left them all at Professor Oaks. I wonder how Bayleef felt when Ash just left Pallete Town with just Pikachu? Since it was jealous of Pikachu to begin with. and why doesn't Pikachu ever get yelled at by Ash? I mean Pikachu has shocked Ash lots of times and it never really got scolded. Ash you were not a nice person in this episode!!!

I feel sorry for Bayleaf when it was mistreated by Ash.

Bayleef reminded me of our two dogs; labs that act like they want to be puppies again.

interesting... I don't know if the dub mentions this, but in the Japanese version, Satoshi mentions how Bayleaf shouldn't use Tackle on him. At the very end of the episode, rather than tackling, Bayleaf slowly walks up and leans on top of Satoshi, after which Takeshi proclaims that it learned Body Slam (which is called "Noshikakari", translates to "Lean On", in the Japanese version). So aside from Bayleaf's post-evolution characterization, it seems as though this episode's further important for being the first occurance of one of Bayleaf's most proficient moves.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    interesting... I don't know if the dub mentions this, but in the Japanese version, Satoshi mentions how Bayleaf shouldn't use Tackle on him. At the very end of the episode, rather than tackling, Bayleaf slowly walks up and leans on top of Satoshi, after which Takeshi proclaims that it learned Body Slam (which is called "Noshikakari", translates to "Lean On", in the Japanese version). So aside from Bayleaf's post-evolution characterization, it seems as though this episode's further important for being the first occurance of one of Bayleaf's most proficient moves.
    I haven't seen the episode for quite some time, but I'm pretty sure they mentioned that in the dub.

This episode was the one that made me think Bayleef was going to turn into another Charizard. I don't remember why I thought that, but it seemed logical considering Ash (at the time) didn't have many Pokemon that evolved. Yeah, he was being mean to Bayleef at the beginning and he did overreact, but I think it was a learning experience for him. I don't think he's ever yelled at one of his Pokemon since then.

Aww.this is probably my favorite Johto Champions episode with Bayleef, I really like Bayleef and this episode showed Bayleef's personality

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I thought this episode was okay, but I still don't believe that Ash would yell at poor Bayleef like that. Bayleef was really cute in this episode, and I thought it was sweet on how Ash tried to make Bayleef like him again.

A good episode, yes Ash may have mistreated Bayleef a little bit but he had good reasons with Bayleef tackling him like she did when it was a Chikorita was fine but now that it has evolved it's alot stronger and demonstrated that she could hurt Ash badly, so by yelling at her Bayleef did get the hint but Ash didn't realize that at first. Anyway Bayleef really shined in this episode and Ashes attempts to make up to her were very nice, I was expecting Psyduck to come out when Ash offered the fruit and brush.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I didn't love the way Bayleef Tackled or Body Slammed Ash in an good (offensive) way. He thinks that it slammed him too much he decided to refrain from it. I also love the cry of Bayleef, which looks cuter than it was a Chikorita. Sometimes, Ash is destroying feelings of his Pokemon in any way. Imagine he would say to it, "Bayleef, please stay away from me!" Plus, in the first episode, Pikachu shocked Ash and Professor Oak at first because it was so disobedient. That's an emotional kind of episode because it involves a lot of sadness when Ash forced it to stop hugging him as if it were slamming him.

'Is Bayleef doing what I think it's doing'

Anyway, this was a sweet episode. It had some emotion, which was nice to see, rather than the plaid usual Ash. Plus, Bayleef was cute, especially her little thought-cloud thing, and then her little shake. Yep, I liked this episode
    Joshehh
    Pearl = Joshh : 0645 3400 0941

I love this episode one of my favourites, felt so sorry for Bayleef glad there was a happy ending though as Bayleef belongs with him.
    Last edited by Paul1985; 14th October 2008 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    Although I love Bayleef in this episode, I don't like how Ash acts like such a jerk toward her in the beginning of the episode. He really overreacted in his treatment of her. It kind of disturbs me in the end, too, when you see how nervous she is about approaching Ash again. Otherwise the episode is good, but I can't stand how Ash acts in this episode.

Oh, I remember that ;-; I know what you mean. I didn't enjoy seeing that side of Ash, to be honest. But eventually things worked out, as Kijuna pointed out.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Ash really overreacted. But it's a really cute episode anyway. I love Bayleef.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

in this episode bayleef is still young like a growing dog who still has to learn it's sthrength, bayleef crosses the line and trouble starts coming it happens often.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast