Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Kecleon Caper! (207)

Default The Kecleon Caper! (207)

The Kecleon Caper!

While on a Blimp, Ash & Co. meet two trainers who both have a Kecleon, a Pokémon which has never been seen before. It turns out that they dont feel good, so Brock gladly helps them out to feel fine. However Team Rocket who are on the blimp try to steal from the trainers on the blimp. The Kecleon see this and hide. Can Ash & Co. find them and stop Team Rocket?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Factory Head Noland Guest

If the gang saw the Kecleon in this episode then why in the Silver Conference did Ash act as if he has never seen one before?
    Also, why did the woman call a purple Kecleon "Reddy"? She could have called it...Purply.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonisgr8
    If the gang saw the Kecleon in this episode then why in the Silver Conference did Ash act as if he has never seen one before?
    Also, why did the woman call a purple Kecleon "Reddy"? She could have called it...Purply.....
    Dunno how the dub handled it, but Satoshi was just suprised to see a Kakureon during the tournament. He knew what it was off the bat in the Japanese version. He was just shocked to see it in Hazuki's team.

Again, not sure how the dub handled it but in the Japanese version they were known as "Midori-chan" and "Azuki-chan" which pretty much means Green-chan and Purple/Violet-chan. This was an episode I missed when I stopped watching Johto and after having missed it for so long, I actually managed to get a hold of the Japanese version. This was an actually good Johto filler episode and was a nice way of introducing Kakureon. Not to mention, I can only guess that everyone was wondering how the hell to get one after the anime aired the episode. XD

Takeshi's reaction to the lovely ladies was priceless, and him trying to show off his Pokémon was just great. Too bad there weren't many Johto episodes as fun as this before we began reaching the end of the series.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Dunno how the dub handled it, but Satoshi was just suprised to see a Kakureon during the tournament. He knew what it was off the bat in the Japanese version. He was just shocked to see it in Hazuki's team.
    That is true, but my guess is that Ash usually forgets what he sees sometimes and looks up the same pokemon twice.
    Perfect example, in Pokemon Scent-sation, Ash saw a Gloom for the first time. But then in Pokemon Food Fight he looks up Gloom in the Pokedex. It also happened almost all of the times that Ash saw a Gengar.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Thing is that he never looked up Kakureon the first time he saw it earlier in Johto. His Pokemon Zukan had no information on any Pokémon beyond Kanto or Johto. He scanned Kakureon since he now had data to go by. As for rescans, it's simple and clever. You can't just go with one piece of voice data. Just like the GB/GBA zukan entries, there are multiple entries for a Pokémon and you learn different things with each version. So the more you know about the Pokémon, the better the advantage you have.

Didn't you find it weird that when Ash first saw Harrison's Blaziken in "Pop Goes The Sneasel!" he used the Pokedex to get info about it but it said that there was no data, in the battle against Harrison he used the Pokedex when he sent out Blaziken and it had info on it which I find weird...
    Ookido-Hakase had given him and Shigeru an updated version of their zukan before Satoshi's battle with Shigeru.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

vulpix Guest

i thought this ep was ok the only reason i like this episode is because of the purple Kecleon.

i just saw the episode here, and i was wondering about the purple kecleon, is it just like the pink butterfree? a non-shiny pkm, just with different colours?
    (maybe they both came from pinkin island but the purple kecleon ate some purple berries)

Friend code: 2895 8513 7765

Did this episode ever air in english, and has it been shown in syndication?
    MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Ethereal Guest

Uh...Yeah...Why wouldn't it have aired in English? o.O

It hasn't been shown in syndication, because it's never had the chance to, because Johto hasn't aired in the longest. But now that Cartoon Network airs it, it'll be on again soon enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Jynxo
    Uh...Yeah...Why wouldn't it have aired in English? o.O

It hasn't been shown in syndication, because it's never had the chance to, because Johto hasn't aired in the longest. But now that Cartoon Network airs it, it'll be on again soon enough...
    Thanks. CN strangely skipped the 4th season, and went to the 5th. It might be a long time before I see.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS.

This episode was okay. Brock was the best part of this episode. I liked when he imagined the girls patting him on the head thanking them for getting their stuff back, freaking out when he saw he kecleons watching him, and getting chastised by Misty for trying to send Onix out on the blimp. I also liked the part when Team Rocket was hiding in the crate and Wobbuffet popped out, causing it to break moments later. LOL
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

it was cool how they showed a hoenn pokemon in johto. kecleon was fun to watch. 8.5/10

I liked having Keckleon in Johto. Nothing else expect that ^^

Check it out.

It's the insomniac guy from episode 27.
    ~

Where is Wobuffett?

Wobbuffet shows up when Team Rocket are trapped in the crate. He pops out, the crate bulges, and it breaks open. I love that part just for the visual gag of the bulging crate.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Omg, Alexa and Madison. x3

Can someone, though, clear something up for me? Alexa and Madison. Which one's which?

Purrrrrrr.

Well, according to the guide anyway, Madison would be the red-head.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut
    Wobbuffet shows up when Team Rocket are trapped in the crate. He pops out, the crate bulges, and it breaks open. I love that part just for the visual gag of the bulging crate.
    I thought that happened in Throwing In The Noctowl. Any pics of evidence?

OmG i loved this episode because
    1) It was on a Blimp- made it more interesting
    2) It featured a Hoenn pokemon
    3) The pokemon were Shinies
    A really good episode 7.3/10

[No matter gay, straight or bi, lesbian, transgendered
    life, I'm on the right track baby, I was born to survive]

I love this episode, the very first appearance of Kecleon, and I loved Brock's reaction to the two ladies

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I love this episode one of my favorite JLC episodes, not only do we get the introduction of our 1st Hoen Pokemon in the form of Keceon (also one of my favorite Hoen Pokemon) and we got the first of Meowth's "boss fantasies". I'm a bit surprised though that Ash never pulled of his Pokedex to look Kecleon up, he usually does that when he encounters a new Pokemon.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Wow great find Heracross, anyways it was very creative adding a kecleon in the Jhoto Saga, it messes me up though, because now I always look for Kecleon in the GSC pokedex.
    But overal it was good!

FC: 0475 0331 5081

For the longest time, I thought Reddy was a shiny Pokemon.

Then I saw what an actual shiny Kecleon looks like, and went: "o... rly?"

xD *brick'd*

I actually enjoyed this episode, though. We haven't had too many episodes take place on a blimp, and Team Rocket actually made an effort to endanger peoples' lives this time around, instead of just being their usual idiotic selves.

Plus, Reddy and Greenie? AWESOME. Great personalities, and what a clever way to introduce 3rd Gen Pokemon. :3
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I really liked this episode the first time I saw it, because i was like "OMG! New pokemon "

Power
    The
    ability to do or act; capability of doing or accomplishing something.
    I Have Power
    PLATINUM FC: 3480 8759 5501

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast