Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Joy of Water Pokémon! (208)

This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Nurse Joy helping out injured Gyrados even though she was completely afraid of it. Misty's anger at Nurse Joy was very understandable in this episode. Joy really made me mad in this episode as well.

20/100

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    People are really backing up Misty's rudness in this episode instead of standing up for Nurse Joy. It was nice that this Nurse Joy was different then all the other ones for a small change. Plus, even if you don't like one type of Pokemon doesn't mean you shouldn't be an aid to help the other types. I think that's what she was saying.
    But Nurse Joy was equally as rude to her. Misty politely asked her if she'd have a look at her pokemon, and when she told them they were water types she acted as if they had some kind of contagious disease or something. That's very childish for a Nurse that's supposed to be able to care for all kinds of pokemon...

At least it was good to see that despite her attitude towards water types, it doesn't get in the way of her treating them.

Dawn think there's no need to worry...lol

This episode was cool. It was awsome to Gyarados again. Good to see Nurse Joy fave her fears against helping Gyarados.

7/10

Why...did the Dewgong clearly state their name as Seel? Like...how do you misidentify a Pokemon...but then have Ash say the correct name?

I'm also puzzled why the writing team never bothered finding a new way to fit James' lip-flap at the end of the motto. So many times in the later seasons the motto remains the same until at the end, when he repeats "fight" like five times.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

The concept of a Nurse Joy being afraid of a certain type Pokemon was original. And the Water type was chosen well, because of Misty's fondness for Water Pokemon. This was a nice episode and it was entertaining. I'd give it 8/10.

I felt sorry for Nurse Joy. Can't Joys end up being something else but Nurses? If she had a better oppurtunity, I bet she would have not chosen to be a nurse that heals Pokemon right next to the damn river.

My ideal battle ever!

This episode in many ways reminded me of that Nurse Joy episode during the Orange League season. I think both Nurse Joy and Misty were quite unethical. Misty being unethical for reprimanding Nurse Joy for not doing not her job and that she shouldn't be afraid of water Pokémon, while she is scared to death by bug Pokémon and Nurse Joy was wrong for taking a job, while knowing full well she had to work with water Pokémon. Oh well, what can I do other than complain xD.

The episode itself was interesting, but it lacked some originality here and there which made the episode eventually not as good as it could have been.

A good episode centered around Misty, I love Water Pokemon so this episode was enjoyable. However, the Nurse Joy in this episode bothered me. It was sad that Misty finally met a childhood idol of hers only to find out she hates Water Pokemon. Her aversion for them was just plain stupid. It was very immature how she acted like Misty's Water Pokemon were abhorrent. I was about to cry when Misty had tears on her face. Misty's anger at Nurse Joy was very understandable in this episode, she pissed me off too.

I feel so bad for Misty. She really loved that Nurse Joy and she was terrified of Water Pokemon. It sucks that she never got over her fear, but it's okay.

First time I see that Kasumi blushes as well as Takeshi to Joy san. Strange thing that Kasumi looked a little bit scared when she saw a Gyarados. She has to overcome that or otherwise it is hard for me to believe that she is going to be a water type Pokémon master.

A Nurse Joy who's afraid of the Pokemon she specializes in. Odd.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12