Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mewtwo ~ The Prologue to Awakening (BWSP1)

Default Mewtwo ~ The Prologue to Awakening (BWSP1)

Mewtwo ~ The Prologue to Awakening

After finishing up on a mission, Virgil has to make an emergency landing on a mountain near the Pokémon Hills. When there, he learns of a strange Pokémon who has helped various Pokémon within the area, and finds out it's the Pokémon Mewtwo. However, as he learns more, he finds out that Mewtwo was severely injured during the last known encounter so he decides to go into the mountain to find and help Mewtwo, but when he arrives, he finds that Mewtwo is extremely suspicious of Pokémon and it attacks. Will Virgil be able to help Mewtwo?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

The special is atarting with the narrator of the Eevee short in it. Preview of the movie.

Commercials.

Movie 15.

Early scene with Keldeo and the legendary beasts.

Title of the Keldeo movie and 1st commercials.

Edit: 11/7: 12:39. It's airing the movie Keldeo: the Sword of Justice right now. Until the movie ends, the content of the special won't start.

Edit: at 13:13 there 3 pages of Serebii pictures of the movie. The movie will end at 13:25.

The Mewtwo special will start with Tyranitar and other pokemon attacking Mewtwo. They have not aired the ending of the Movie 15.

Virgil is planning on his plane used to rescue people.

All the Klang family appears, including Klang.

The girl sees the Eevee members, Virgil sends all the family except Jolteon and Flareon.

A gang of Mareep appears in the plain.

The girl falls off from a cliff. Soutland sves her.

The old man tries to save but they also fall.

Mewtwo saves them. And dissappears. (Note: Appears that this thing wa sa flashback).

One man has his arm broken.

They are trying to send Escavalier from inside the rocks to his pokeball. This person had the Scavalier returns to his Pokeball.

Mewtwo releaxes in a lake with Marill (update I love Marine) and Azumarill in them

The man with the arm broken is explained how the Mewtwo was created.

The Eevee family are searching for Mewtwo. Someone is searching for them because ...

Break with a eyecatch.

Mewtwo is inside a cane where Eevee, Espeonm and Stoutland are in it. The people who had the arm broken is really a villain, tries to capture Mewtwo and sends out a Tyranitar and a two Escavalier, two pokemon strong because type to Mewtwo.

Mewtwo changes his form.

Tyranitar launches Hyperbeam.

Escavalier launches Nergy BGall (the two ones).

A machine with a size of pokeball attacks Mewtwo and hurts Mewtwo.

Tyranitar uses Hyperbeam again.

Mewtwo uses Aura Sphere and defeats Tyranitar.

The destruction of the balls used to capture Mewtwo (not all) cause a fire that Virgil had to defend from it. Vaporeon uses Hydro Pump?

Mewtwo becomes trong, changes his form and defeats the villain.

Now Mewtwo is using Rain dance and launches rain to the fire causing the fire to end.

Mewtwo in his forme causes that Tyranitar and the Escavalier are free by destroying the pokeball.

Mewtwo continues to travel flying with a hige storm in it.

Edit: the special hasn't ended.

Ash and the gang talk to Oak about Mewtweo and the gang contragulates Virgil.
    the special end.

Mewtwo, Epseon and Umbreon are attacking the villain and finally Mewtwo leaves.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 11th July 2013 at 12:44 PM.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

It's going to start now, to all those people who want to follow :3

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Klang makes it's first non movie appearance in this episode. Took almost 3 years

Mewtwo completely crushes Danku's Monster Balls, which makes his Pokemon leave him.

Satoshi-tachi, in movie style appear here. That was certainly unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Mewtwo completely crushes Danku's Monster Balls, which makes his Pokemon leave him.

Satoshi-tachi, in movie style appear here. That was certainly unexpected.
    Wait, what ? Ash and the others appeared ? That's truly unexpected.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 11th July 2013 at 12:49 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

They only briefly appears as Professor Oak was telling them about Pokémon Hills in New Tork City

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Klang makes it's first non movie appearance in this episode. Took almost 3 years
    Yay!
    Glad it finally happened

This episode sounds extremely interesting and seems like a great watch
    Can't wait to see the dubbed

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

So the only livestream I could find had Sonic '06-itus in that I saw more loading than actual footage.

So from what I can gather, we get NO mention of how Mewtwo ended up like it does without Team Generic Scientists Inc. knowing about the first one. Nor do we get an explanation about how she got her new forme.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Well, that was pointless.

Pretty, but pointless.

Man the prologue was great, loved it, it made the new Mewtwo look very impressive, still it seems they didn't bother explaining its origins.

This Mewtwo was awesome though, it didn't have an hard time with the pokemon btw like everyone though, the problem was the evil dude machines, at the end it smashed the balls and freed the pokemon from.

Seems like this Mewtwo understood that humans aren't all the same more easly than the other one.

Loved that a lot of pokemon appeared also.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Well, that was pointless.

Pretty, but pointless.
    Why? it didn't show its origins but it showed how Mewtwo started trusting humans and seeing the diferences between them,

Plus it was fun as heck to watch and had great animation.

But if you are talking about that yeah, its annoying but the episode had quality otherwise.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 11th July 2013 at 1:06 PM.

That was pretty lame to be honest.

The graphics were amazing, it's great to see movie-quality scenes in the main series, and Mewtwo going ape **** destroying the PokeBalls and the stopping the fires was cool too, although it made Virgil seem pretty pointless since he didn't do anything. But other than that, we still didn't get anything on how this Mewtwo was created and why.

It wasn't even a prologue because it didn't give details on anything besides why Mewtwo trusts humans now. It was just an extra 30 minutes of Newtwo

I'm sure everyone watched this to learn how and why Newtwo and her new forme exists, not to be distracted by fireworks and sparkles.

Behind all the flashes and bangs, it was pointless. From what I can tell, we learn almost NOTHING about how it came to be.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    I'm sure everyone watched this to learn how and why Newtwo and her new forme exists, not to be distracted by fireworks and sparkles.

Behind all the flashes and bangs, it was pointless. From what I can tell, we learn almost NOTHING about how it came to be.
    Yes that was the reason I wanted to watch it but the episode was good anyway.

It did show how he/she/it trusts humans which was a problem that the other Mewtwo had.

I'm still annoyed we have no explanation and the movie won't give us one but I enjoyed the episode and I will probably enjoy the movie, because I also care about Genesect not just Mewtwo.

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    That was pretty lame to be honest.

The graphics were amazing, it's great to see movie-quality scenes in the main series, and Mewtwo going ape **** destroying the PokeBalls and the stopping the fires was cool too, although it made Virgil seem pretty pointless since he didn't do anything. But other than that, we still didn't get anything on how this Mewtwo was created and why.

It wasn't even a prologue because it didn't give details on anything besides why Mewtwo trusts humans now. It was just an extra 30 minutes of Newtwo
    That whats its supposed to do, we got the Genesect introduced already, this introduced Mewtwo and showed Oak telling the kids about the city where the movie is going to take place.

I thought the special was pretty good. I am still disappointed that it’s a different Mewtwo and that Danku is a random, but as long as you think that away it is very enjoyable.

The animation was beautiful and seeing my favorite character as the main character was amazing. Anna and Oscar were some enjoyable CoTD, at first I was afraid they would be really blend, but they weren't that bad at all. Danku was an alright villain I guess, he’s sh*tty trainer though since his Pokemon run off the moment their Pokeballs got destroyed. I just wish the special would have fully lived up to it’s potential, but it was great nonetheless.

7.5/10

So the Mewtwo was different one? How was it created?

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    So the Mewtwo was different one? How was it created?
    We know that for a while, well thats my main problem or only problem they didn't explain it I think, unless they did at the start the evil dude was talking about something but I don't know japanese so no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    We know that for a while, well thats my main problem or only problem they didn't explain it I think, unless they did at the start the evil dude was talking about something but I don't know japanese so no idea.
    He simply said Mewtwo was created from Mew. So basically, a random scientist from some other region has come up with the same theory Dr. Fuji did and developed a Pokemon that exactly looks like the one Dr. Fuji made and in fact named it the same.

It's just a coincidence. (I am smiling because the next few posts will be fun).

I am thinking that Mewtwo's complete backstory was cutoff because 1) The director didn't want any tie-ins with Movie 1, and would rather break continuity over this, 2) Mewtwo's new backstory will be developed in the XY Games, ignoring the past.

<--My tumblr

\

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    He simply said Mewtwo was created from Mew. So basically, a random scientist from some other region has come up with the same theory Dr. Fuji did and developed a Pokemon that exactly looks like the one Dr. Fuji made and in fact named it the same.

It's just a coincidence. (I am smiling because the next few posts will be fun).

I am thinking that Mewtwo's complete backstory was cutoff because 1) The director didn't want any tie-ins with Movie 1, and would rather break continuity over this, 2) Mewtwo's new backstory will be developed in the XY Games, ignoring the past.
    Bah I hate that they are treating this so stupid, its easy to make an explanation but they are just ignoring it, so dumb...I'm assuming the later part is you speculating, they somehow had to get TR plans, something can't be created exactly equal(well this one changes forme) without other people plans.

Well but the anime and game world is not the same, if this mvoie has a continuation it would be great, with the other Mewtwo forme and "Red Genesect" redeemed vs a new legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    2) Mewtwo's new backstory will be developed in the XY Games, ignoring the past.
    Game Freak don't have a track record of ignoring the past. The XY website already addressses Mewtwo's game history.

Sounds like it looks as good as the movie, but is a disappointment in other aspects.

Serebii will you be uploading the special episode pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Dunc was a Pokemon Hunter hired by "the people who created Mewtwo" to recapture it. That's the only explanation that was given for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    Game Freak don't have a track record of ignoring the past. The XY website already addressses Mewtwo's game history.
    It simply says Mewjin Buu looks like Mewtwo. Nothing more. Mewtwo's story was never properly done n the games. Except for the Pokedex's data which says Team Rocket created Mewtwo. They could obviously take up the storyline from the scratch.

I know the anime and games are not the same. But I can see them retcon anime Mewtwo's storyline for the games. It sucks, but right now that's the only logical and plausible explanation. The way Mr. Yuyama skipped around the topic and gave a vague "We thought it's better to have a New Mewtwo" says me so. In the end, the anime exists for the game not the vice versa.

An interesting tidbit: Danku, the hunter sent to capture Mewtwo doesn't know about the existence of Mewtwo's alternate forme. He's surprised when Mewtwo shifts forme and says so

<--My tumblr

\

So then this didn't contradict anything of Mewtwo's backstory. This could still be the same Mewtwo as the one from the first movie.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    So then this didn't contradict anything of Mewtwo's backstory. This could still be the same Mewtwo as the one from the first movie.
    The movie creator told us its a new one because he felt like, we know its a new one.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast