Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mewtwo Returns! (002)

oh man this special was so good. ecspecially since when got comfirmation on what happened ofetr mew and mewtwo left
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

I actually thought this was a movie and not a special :/

It was an interesting special but I had a problem with it. Why continue with Mewtwo's story 3-4 years after it was basically resolved?

Giovanni, Domino, Ash and Co. You'd think it would've been epic but I found it hollow. 2/10

This movie is really cool. I actually even own this movie to watch it all of the time. I like how Mewtwo allowed everyone to keep their bond with Mewtwo at the end, and could actually hear his voice saying "Thank You". Domino was definitely good in her disguise. It was great to see Ash really helping Mewtwo out and saving him. It was cool to see TR's memory erased so that they wouldn't ever disturb Mewtwo and the clones again.

70/100

This isn't going to be a review or anything, but I just want to put a theory out there. We see at the end that Mewtwo is overlooking a ''far away city''. It looks a lot like NYC, with the buildings that are extremely similar to the Chrysler and MetLife buildings. You know what other city is far away and looks like New York? Castelia.

Now, I don't at all think that Mewtwo is going to make a new appearance, but it would be cool if they retconned that city into Castelia City.

I loved how the exact clones(?) came back.

Anyone notice that the clone Meowth had it's japanese voice actor?

It's not going to happen, but with Team Rocket being serious in BW, a return appearance of Domino would fit the mood perfectly. She and Pierce could connect, both being agents who do badass stuff without any Pokemon.

I love this spechial, and Mewtwo is my favorite 1st gen Pokemon,
    I remember sawing this a while ago, and i just knew Domino was from TR, the baby Pokemon were cute too!(Baby NidoKing/Queen) really i like Mewtwo in the anime even if he acts all emo..he wanna protect his new place and suceed with Ashs help :3
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Quote Originally Posted by ChikoritaCheezits View Post
    Anyone notice that the clone Meowth had it's japanese voice actor?
    That was weird. Makes you wonder if they just forgot or something...

I really like this special. Yeah, sure, Mewtwo is all talk and hardly enough action, but he just wanted to be in peace with his clones, I can't blame him for not wanting to fight. But seriously, Giovanni would have been gone in a heartbeat if Mewtwo wasn't as pacifist as he was in the sequel.

Giovanni: Mewtwo, my old friend, we meet again!

Mewtwo: I knew I forgot someone. Go to hell. *blows apart the helicopter, teleports Team Rocket away, and erases the memories* I am the most powerful Pokémon in the world, and it is awesome. Now kiss my feet!

Ash: *pops in* Wait, I didn't get to fight the Rocket bo--

CREDITS ROLL

But oh well. Still made for a nice sequel, and they did give us Domino. She seriously needs more screentime, I just love her personality. If only they hid that she was a Rocket well enough from the start, the reveal would have been more shocking, and possibly more awesome. Luna and what's-his-name were okay, but they didn't do anything worth mentioning.

I honestly think this was one of 4KIDS' better dubs. If they had looked at this and went, "Hey, that was great. We should do this more often," then maybe they wouldn't have had issues. What could they do with the storyline? It was dark originally, and it still is dark for Pokémon in the dub. Ed Paul did his role as Giovanni very well, it truly showed how much of a bastard the guy is (Rocket Boss, not voice actor). He was willing, and I mean willing to kill Mewtwo just because he refused to cooperate, even though it would cost him another fortune, and he knew that. Still, it did show how much he didn't care for the life of another living being. Heck, in the episode where we see the inside of the gym, all the Pokémon are locked up, just like Mewtwo was locked up. He's just a selfish jerk who is hellbent on taking over the world, and he'd do anything to do so.

With that said, this is why Giovanni is one of my favorite villains, the special helped cement that in, even if it did take me a good few years to discover that. Same with Mewtwo becoming one of my favorite Pokémon characters there is after this.

Speaking of Mewtwo, Dan Green did an awesome job. I swear, anything that man voices is automatically awesome and sexy.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

This is my favourite special. I watched it as a kid and loved and I still love it now!

It can be so thought-provoking!

I love it! Mt. Quena was very beautiful, and those Butterfree as well! And there were some funny things, like Misty being afraid of bugs again, and Brock saying "I'll use my trusty frying pan as a drying pan!" The baby Rhyhorn and Nidoqueen were so cute (even though it shouldn't be a Nidoqueen, but a female Nidoran)! The music from the first movie was used, which is a good thing, and it was fitting the events.

However, there's one thing I don't understand. Why is Domino so popular? I don't think she is a bad character, but also not that good...

Until years ago, I didn't like it, because I thought it was a movie and I thought it was way too short. However, since the moment I discovered that this is a special and not a movie, I love it. Just like I love the first movie and the origin of Mewtwo.

10/10, no doubt about it!

Near the beginning he saves a bus full of people and while talking to the pokemon near him he makes it clear he just did it as to not draw attention; that he never really cared about the humans lives. But I thought at the end of the first movie Mewtwo learned from Ash' sacrifice that there are good people that love and care for their pokemon? So does it not seem inconsistent for him to say he doesn't care?

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    However, there's one thing I don't understand. Why is Domino so popular? I don't think she is a bad character, but also not that good...
    Blasphemy!

But seriously, the reason she's popular is that she kicks butt without using any Pokemon. C'mon, you cannot deny how cool that is.

Not to mention she's mysterious. Only Brock's age and yet already a Team Rocket elite, and high in Giovanni's favor. That's very interesting.

Plus, she's hot. There's always that reason. ^_^
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 7th June 2012 at 3:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    She's a strong, badass female character. That usually results in very popular characters.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

I didn't like this "movie." It took itself way too seriously. As such, it wasn't much fun to watch. Now there's nothing wrong with a serious movie, but this had too many problems, like Team Rocket locking all the Pokemon in a cell. Excuse me? Could the giant sea serpent Pokemon not break through the 1/2 inch bars? Apparently it couldn't. An explosion near the cell, however, could break through the bars without injuring anyone. If the movie had a lighter tone, such problems could be dismissed as camp, but they don't work in a serious film.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Ahhh, I liked this. There are a few things that annoyed me though, like Domino. But, it was cool how she was holding on the basket of the balloon while it was falling. I was wondering how could she do that? When Jessie and James were locked up, I facehaired so many times, because Jessie could have used Arbok to dig a hole in the ground so they could have escaped. I did like when Misty and Brock sent out their Pokemon against Giovanni. I wish they could have battled some Grunts at least. I wonder how Giovanni got passed them, did he hit them with the beam or something or just fly right over them? The words of Mewtwo, the Clone Pokemon and the gang were inspiring. I'll try to remember them.

This movie/special whatever, is so stupid. There are far too many things going on here. Is it a racism thing, a pollution thing, a freedom thing, a know where you come from thing in other words too many plots not enough movie. Also like in the movies, and TV shows, the characters never use their pokemon correctly. When the gang were jailed, they had a Gyrados and a Charizard, against Iron bars? What!! And when they were trying to free Mewtwo they ran into it, instead of Brock using his Onix or having Pinco explode. So stupid.

Here is a great review that pretty much sums up my opinion on how dumb it is and the review is funnier then the movie itself.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...mewtwo-returns

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123