Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Legend Of Thunder! (003)

This has got to be one of my most favored episodes.
    Not only does it have the legendary beast, Raikou, we actually have Eusine in there too.
    Though his change in voice has got me pretty confused.

That episode has won Team Rocket for best team members. The only thing I don't appreciate is that they gender-swapped Bashou.

Kenta called Heganeil BAKA-nail. Which ticked it off. xD

I just love this special to itty-bitty pieces. <3

And while I like to imagine the dub doesn't exist, I must say Little Miss is an ADORABLE nickname. <3

This episode is wonderful. Well about the pokemon I like Typlosion and Raikou (But sometimes it's attitude annoys me) It should be the best out of all of the episodes in Pokemon Chinoicles

I loved the original of this, they could have dubbed it better, the music was all over the place and seriously over-done, but was nice at certain points. I don't like how they re-use movie music in specials and even episodes. They should have kept the opening and ending, they kinda kept the ending but oh well, can't expect too much. I liked following the story of these new characters for a change, the team rocket members were awesome. Typhlosion was adorable, so was Little Miss and Raikou, he is just too cool.
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

I loved this episode so much. My favourite out of Chronicles. I think the Rocket members were bit weird but i loved seeing Jimmy and Typhlosion and Marina (I think her name is) and Misdreavus. It was awesome

Click here to visit my fan fic, Winds of the Past

Credit to Dragodynamite for the Userbar

I think this is possibly the best episode there has ever been, and watching it in Japanese made it 100 times better. I loved the whole plot, battles, the characters, Bakuphoon

I just wish they'd do another thing with Kenta and Marina.
    Joshehh
    Pearl = Joshh : 0645 3400 0941

I like this episode it's good to see different characters
    HeartGold

My favourite chronicle, especially since it stars the anime versions of Gold and Crystal, and the forgotten legendary dog, Raikou.

Marching On Together

English And Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Rokon View Post
    I loved the original of this, they could have dubbed it better, the music was all over the place and seriously over-done, but was nice at certain points. I don't like how they re-use movie music in specials and even episodes. They should have kept the opening and ending, they kinda kept the ending but oh well, can't expect too much. I liked following the story of these new characters for a change, the team rocket members were awesome. Typhlosion was adorable, so was Little Miss and Raikou, he is just too cool.

I agree. The original was incredible, but the dub was kinda mucked up. I just love Kenta, though. Overall 6/10 dub, 11/10 original. Is there really anything else to say?

This was a bit of a pointless episode for me.

Why introduce the 3 new trainers, if you have no intention of ever using them again?

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Snover
    Why introduce the 3 new trainers, if you have no intention of ever using them again?
    The same reason why the anime has about 400 characters of the day, maybe?

So sum it up bluntly it was decent. The lack of the G/S/C rival was a little bit of a downer as was making Bashou a female in the dub because the Steelshipping hints are that obvious. Kenta and Marina were also awesome, although in the dub the latter does come across as more annoying. Bashou and Buson also need to make a comeback... somehow.

So long, best friend; Bryony Sarah White: 28/6/87 - 29/6/13
    Ships I've NamedTwitter

Dubbed version's can be tricky sometimes ( when I say some I mean ALOT ) but after all they made it for kids ( or they are just think of that ) but from 1998 to these days even 1 years old fan ( just a example ) become 10-11 years old and can understand something. So they must stop cutting and editing the line or scenes. We miss lots of adorable line and scene because of that and some of us tricked by those ''fake'' lines. Because of that I prefer the subbed versions. Sadly its not as populer as Dubbed

For episode Raikou ( just like Entei and Suicide ) is Leader of his element ( lightning ) he is powerfull but stubborn. I cant blaime him because of that wild attitude. But after all he done something for humans.

Marina and Jimmy is adorable too ( At least its 1 of most realistic canon in Pokemon series ) İts sad to Dubbed part cut the Ending of this part. They have camoes in the series but not totally seen. Only Vincent seen in the series ( as Ash's opponent ). Jimmy and Marina deserve to get in the series too. And unusually like other TR teams Atilla and Hun is more succesful then other teams ( Jessie,James,Meowth and Cassidy,Butch )
    Pokemon Fan who born from its ''Ashes''

Quote Originally Posted by Wowlock
    just like Entei and Suicide
    I lol'd.

Among my favorite episodes ever.
    I love every single part of it (except Jimmy's hair, it was annoying).

I was really surprised when Raikou shot lightning out of its head.
    I was like WHOAAAAA!!
    But yeah, the coolest thing ever.

I also like how the creators drew Raikou.
    It seriously looked like it was in a whole lot of pain in the end with the black crystal.

Yaaaay my first sig! x3

Still. Hating. High school.
    Still. No. DS.

</3
    RAWR

I thought this was an amazing special. We finally get to see Raikou. I thought Jimmy and Marina were great characters. I wish we could see them more. I also liked seeing Euisune. I thought that the Team Rocket members were pretty good in this. I liked the crystal thing that absorbed all of the electricity. I really didn't like Vincent all that much in this. He had his funny moments, but I normally found hiim quite annonying. I'm glad that Raikou was able to get free and was glad that he saved Jimmy, Marina, Vincent, and Euisine from any harm.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Oh god, Vincent's a riot...he almost reminds me of Barry a little bit.

They should make more Chronicles with these characters in particular...kinda sad they discontinued it. That'd be awesome though if Ash and his group ran into Attila and Hun in the future...personally, I think Attila's hot, I'm just sayin'...
    If Team Galactic and Team Rocket existed in our world and decided to team up, we'd be screwed...but they wouldn't stand a chance against the Patrion Saint of Pwning, Chuck Norris.

My dream team:

One of the best episodes that i saw.

Raikou was so powerfull... and the heroes were great.

9/10 - great.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I was expecting so much more out of the Raikou Special, but I was seriously disappointed. For a special, it was just bad. I liked seeing Gold (Jimmy) and Crystal (Marina) in the anime, but that was sort of it. Nothing after their introductions made this episode any more exciting. The dub cut out so many scenes and changed so many things. I mean, parts were completely skipped, Atila's gender was reversed, Eusine's name was changed; the story was just all chopped up. Raikou itself seemed so much weaker than Suicune and Entei as well. I just disliked this. It wasn't good, 2/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 9th December 2010 at 10:21 PM.

Great special episode. Jimmy and Typhlosion make an awesome team. I wish that Silver had actually been in the episode instead of just a cameo.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

I thought it was a good 3 parter, then again I have never seen the original so technically I have nothing to compare it to. But wasn't Vincent Harris in the Johto League when he was battling Ash?. And Eusine's VA sounds different from the one back in Johto too when Ash had met him.

I liked how the three tried defending their Pokemon and they all worked together. TR was really good.
    So wait Atila gender was reversed you say Kira? Wow that would explain the flat chest, I wasn't sure if she or he was female until I heard them speaking.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

I loved the japanese version of this, and the english version was... OK. 10/10! Although the whole gender-reversing thing was quite stupid. I liked Jimmy, Marina and Vincent the same, really. Typhlosion laughing was cute! TR was actually evil in this special.

It was really nice to take a break from Ash and Pikachu, I've been getting a bit sick of them lately.
    Water Pokemon RULE! WORLD DOMINATION!

I have claimed
    Sapphire, and Takashi "Mori" Morinozuka! 8D

Cyber reminded me of the debates I got into in this thread. Looking back at them it's weird how much I used to defend 4Kids for things like this (even in that terrible One Piece dub).

I actually played this at the anime club I go to not that long ago and I was the one pointing out the drastic changes made by the dub. In fact that's why my user title is Champion Scientist, because we all found that line hillarious.

I cant help to notice, but Hun was changed to a girl in the dub xD

Anyway, I liked the legend of thunder, but did not like how much edit 4Kids made to the dub -_-

But overall, its a great episode/special/movie
    Hello!

xD

This episode was very cool. It was great to see Raikou eventually become friends with the good guys and even save them from TR. Man that crystal was powerful... took a long time to destroy. Typhlosion is 1 awesome battler! The 1st battle was great against Hitmonlee. Marina is hilarious in the 1st part.

80/100

Really good special. We can see here a lot of strong Pokemon and other important facts. Few of these facts are missing in the other episodes of main series.
    The first important thing is the age. Main characters have changed since leaving New Bark Town. During the opening song, we see them as children. When they met to rescue Raikou,they are much older than in the beginning.
    Now is turn to the second fact. Characters are dreaming about something. Some of them want to be masters of Pokemon or excellent coordinators/poke-idols. Anyway there is a place for some kind of feeling, which is not less important.
    This is all what I remember.

I made sure to watch this before the Joutou championship because I read Jun'Ichi would show up.
    I really liked the character. Kenta was cool too. I mean, I was worried they would make him talk and behave like another Satoshi but he did have his own personality. (Just like Marina)

I wish they would have used those characters in the series, even if just in a handful episodes, instead of just a TV special, during the Jouto part.

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738 LastLast