Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend Of Thunder! (003)

WOAH, HOLD IT!!!

Now, I live here in the Divided States of Embarrasment...
    [IMG135]http://serebii.net/anime/bashou.bmp[/IMG135]
    But to make Bashou a woman ...I agree with Heracross, that's just ****ed up!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

The opening theme was from the Johto Pokerap, heard on the 3rd Movie DVD, and played once on the Tv show, in the Skarmory Episode back in Johto. I personally liked the song.

So they used the dubbed movie music! Yes! The movie music is actually pretty good, better then the tv show music we get. Hopefully their keep the Video Game battle music when it plays in the next parts. If they don't, well, then I'll be upset. Although the music that played when Misty battled Molly in the 3rd movie was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by medea10

LMAO, that certainly true...[snicker]...Divided States of Embaressment.....LOL

On the whole outroar, yes it true they f*ck it up, but B*tching about it only make you fools look like a little child. Why just get the damn JP version if the dub that bad? To me, when the dub comes out, i'll watch it for comedy use. just use one as a comedy(dub) and the other (JP) as the real thing!

WOAH, HOLD IT!!!

http://serebii.net/anime/bashou.bmp
    But to make Bashou a woman ...I agree with Heracross, that's just ****ed up!
    You know.. s/he is pretty flat chested too.. >_>; makes no sence..

First the Arbok -> Seviper thing, and now this. Oh, 4Kids, wherefore art thy brain?
    What was that?
    Please don't tell me they called Seviper Arbok..
    Last edited by poke_girl; 12th May 2005 at 12:45 AM.
    Black - JP
    FC: 1848 9979 6673 Trainer name: Billy IDNo: 65021
    White - UK
    FC: 2537 2960 7121 Trainer name: Bella IDNo: 62467
    White2 - JP
    FC: 0819 9968 5972 Trainer name: Benny IDNo: 39588
    Black2 - UK
    FC: 4170 2407 1321 Trainer name: Britney IDNo: 09957

Quote Originally Posted by poke_girl
    What was that?
    ...They said Arbok evolved into Seviper.

What was that?
    Sorry to go off subject (please don't lynch me)...When KidsWB aired the episode A Fan with a Plan, the stupid Trainer's Choice said that Arbok evolved into Seviper...Idiots

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

About Jun'ichi's name: Maybe his name is Vincent Jackson?
    Last edited by Geodude; 12th May 2005 at 1:00 AM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    About Hazuki's name: Maybe his name is Vincent Jackson?

1) Hazuki is Harrison's Japanese name. Jackson's Japanese name is Jun'ichi.

2) I've said it before, and I'll say it again. That's a weak excuse for the name change. It's not his last name at all, and you know it. >.>

I realize how much they have destroyed this Special compared to the original.
    But whining and complaining wont do much good. 4Kids wont listen to us. Once they dub it, its over. Done with. We are left what what they have to hand out >>
    I will continue to watch my Japanese version and await a Japanese DVD(when Japan decides Rentals arent as good as selling).

On a side note, does it really matter if a shipping is affected by this? becoming more popular? Its kinda obvious it was gonna happen Alfonso.
    If you want your ship to be more popular, make a thread, get followers and be happy. I'm not gonna let what you said earlier bother me though. You are just one person. Believe what you want. Popularity shows that more people follow something. It shouldn't be a negative thing to follow something that many others do. Sure your ship can be unique since theres less who follow it, but that doesnt make it any better than other ships. I know what you said was out of anger at 4Kids and their dumbness. But please, don't take that anger on others who are innocent.
    Banner by Muyotwo, pic resized by Muyotwo

Oh no, truly it is Vincent Jackson. Just like Janet Fisher.

~Are you sure you aren't suffering from head trauma, Geodude?

Well, I don't know about you folks, but I plan to stick with Jackson.

1. It's closer to his original name.
    2. It sounds better.
    3. It came first.
    4. The regular episodes have a dominance over the specials or something.. I dunno...

Of course, those of you sticking with the Japanese name in the first place don't give a damn either way.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    1) Hazuki is Harrison's Japanese name. Jackson's Japanese name is Jun'ichi.
    *kicks self*

*edits post*

And I don't really understand why everyone's complaining about Bashou's sex change. Sure, there was no reason whatsoever to make him female, but does it affect the special in ANY way? At all? No.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenta99
    I realize how much they have destroyed this Special compared to the original.
    But whining and complaining wont do much good. 4Kids wont listen to us. Once they dub it, its over. Done with. We are left what what they have to hand out >>
    I will continue to watch my Japanese version and await a Japanese DVD(when Japan decides Rentals arent as good as selling).

On a side note, does it really matter if a shipping is affected by this? becoming more popular? Its kinda obvious it was gonna happen Alfonso.
    If you want your ship to be more popular, make a thread, get followers and be happy. I'm not gonna let what you said earlier bother me though. You are just one person. Believe what you want. Popularity shows that more people follow something. It shouldn't be a negative thing to follow something that many others do. Sure your ship can be unique since theres less who follow it, but that doesnt make it any better than other ships. I know what you said was out of anger at 4Kids and their dumbness. But please, don't take that anger on others who are innocent.
    Blah, blah blah. When I have to put up with threads and threads full of 'omg jimmy and marina are soooooooooooooooooo cute togehter lol lol lol', then yes, I am bothered. I had to put up with the Pokeshipping and Advanceshipping stuff, and now I'm going to have to put up with this too. :P

I am entitled to be able to say Questshipping < Backshipping, and not get a hundred people down my throat for doing so. Don't think I didn't see some of the comments refering to me in the Questshipping thread. -_-

And wtf. I have a right to complain, and I have. And something will be done, because I'm not going to shut up. Myself and a few other people have already started collecting together the e-mail addresses of Madeline Blaustein. (Who had a sex change herself.) She seems to hold some weight, and you know, actually seems to have an ounce of intelligence about her, so...

...An apology and an explanation is what we seek. A re-dub would just be the icing on the cake. :P

Edit: Yes, Geodude. Let's let 4Kids walk all over us again.

NO.

I won't stand for this. Not this time. They've screwed us over too many times... America and it's stupid Soccor Moms have screwed anime fans too many times. (Sailor Moon, anyone?) This time, I won't let it rest. It's pointless, and it's basically saying that if you're an effeminate guy, you MUST be a woman! I worry about Harley.
    Last edited by Alfonso; 12th May 2005 at 1:11 AM.

All they'd have to do is recast Bashou and replace all instances of "Vincent" with "Jackson". Simple, and not all that expencive (dub casts are dirt cheap. Sales will more than cover both VAs)
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

I did'nt see it the special or movie.(i live in australia)Hmm..All i know is that i think YOSHI was better than JIMMY.But everyone has their own opinons.

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    On a side note, I know I've heard that opening theme before, but I can't remeber where it came from.XP That's really gonna bug me now. >_>
    Pokérap GS - First few lyrics repeated :P
    Visit Pikachu's Den
    Site Returns After Christmas! =D

Sorry to go off subject (please don't lynch me)...When KidsWB aired the episode A Fan with a Plan, the stupid Trainer's Choice said that Arbok evolved into Seviper...Idiots
    OMG!!! That's a horrible mistake.. I can see kids trying to make there Arbok evolve into it..*dies*
    Black - JP
    White - UK
    White2 - JP
    Black2 - UK

Did someone say something about a scean with Silver in awhile ago?
    What was that about?
    Black - JP
    White - UK
    White2 - JP
    Black2 - UK

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Blah, blah blah. When I have to put up with threads and threads full of 'omg jimmy and marina are soooooooooooooooooo cute togehter lol lol lol', then yes, I am bothered. I had to put up with the Pokeshipping and Advanceshipping stuff, and now I'm going to have to put up with this too. :P

I am entitled to be able to say Questshipping < Backshipping, and not get a hundred people down my throat for doing so. Don't think I didn't see some of the comments refering to me in the Questshipping thread. -_-

And wtf. I have a right to complain, and I have. And something will be done, because I'm not going to shut up. Myself and a few other people have already started collecting together the e-mail addresses of Madeline Blaustein. (Who had a sex change herself.) She seems to hold some weight, and you know, actually seems to have an ounce of intelligence about her, so...

...An apology and an explanation is what we seek. A re-dub would just be the icing on the cake. :P

Edit: Yes, Geodude. Let's let 4Kids walk all over us again.

NO.

I won't stand for this. Not this time. They've screwed us over too many times... America and it's stupid Soccor Moms have screwed anime fans too many times. (Sailor Moon, anyone?) This time, I won't let it rest. It's pointless, and it's basically saying that if you're an effeminate guy, you MUST be a woman! I worry about Harley.
    Bothered by spammy threads? Spam is taken down. You know that. People who make those threads don't really understand the ships they support.
    Pokeshipping and Advanceshipping bothers you? Ignore it. Simple. Don't let them cause you to go insane. I don't really mind either if they could happen.

If you want a shipping war again, be my guest. I could care less. My friends could care less. I know I've changed in how I support the ship I like. I won't blindly say my ship is Uber great and better than others. I'm not a kid so I wont act like one.

So far, the only effect we have had on 4Kids is getting at least the Beach episode(#18) dubbed. If we ever get Raikou redubbed this way, then Im confident Dratini and Porygon could be dubbed too. Chances are low though. I know I want it as much as you, but things just aren't that easy. Its like telling Nintendo to give us Wonderspots at Gamestops and EB Games. They would laugh in our faces and tell us to see them in NY >>

The Porygon episode will never be dubbed. It's banned by the Japanese goverment. :P

Porygon *is* dubbed. But it can never be shown. That's not 4Kids or WB or anyone domestic, that's the Japanese government saying that.
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

I've known that. I'm not that dumb.
    I was being sarcastic since the odds are very bad for anymore changes from 4Kids

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    Porygon *is* dubbed. But it can never be shown. That's not 4Kids or WB or anyone domestic, that's the Japanese government saying that.
    Actually, it's "The Legend of Dratini" that was dubbed but never shown. "Electric Soldier Porygon" was immediately banned everywhere after the seizure epidemic.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP038

4Kids Entertainment has dubbed this episode and reduced the speed and intensity of the flashing explosion to make it safe, but the episode has still never been shown

No, that can't be right. The Japanese government won't let that episode out of the country. There's no way 4Kids would even think about dubbing it, and even if they wanted to, they couldn't.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

I don't think the ban happened right away. They probably dubbed it in the hopes that it could air once things had settled down.

And here, I made an icon:

[IMG135]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BlackjackGabbiani/looklikeanim.gif[/IMG135]

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast