Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend Of Thunder! (003)

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II
    No, that can't be right. The Japanese government won't let that episode out of the country. There's no way 4Kids would even think about dubbing it, and even if they wanted to, they couldn't.
    Japan already let the episode out of the country. They aired it once, people taped it. They sell it on ebay at times. Not much for blocking it eh?
    Banner by Muyotwo, pic resized by Muyotwo

There's already been enough *****ing about the big changes. I won't add more.

I'm kind of disappointed that they cut out one of my favorite little scenes. After the phone call where Jun'ichi informs Kenta of his plans regarding Marina, and warns him off her, Marina asks Kenta what Jun'ichi wanted. Kenta's response: "Oh, he was just saying he wanted to battle me sometime."
    And they cut that scene out entirely.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    There's already been enough *****ing about the big changes. I won't add more.

I'm kind of disappointed that they cut out one of my favorite little scenes. After the phone call where Jun'ichi informs Kenta of his plans regarding Marina, and warns him off her, Marina asks Kenta what Jun'ichi wanted. Kenta's response: "Oh, he was just saying he wanted to battle me sometime."
    And they cut that scene out entirely.

Jeez! Can this special get any worse? The DVD better have the scene

Chances are it won't. The only instance of scenes being kept after being edited for TV was the recent Deoxys movie.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Chances are it won't. The only instance of scenes being kept after being edited for TV was the recent Deoxys movie.
    Unless it was cut for airtime. They compress movies due to scheduling for other shows

Quote Originally Posted by Kenta99
    Unless it was cut for airtime. They compress movies due to scheduling for other shows
    The only thing Cartoon Network and Toonami cut down for airtime over here are the ending credits for a show, or eyecatches if they were actually used from what I can gather. Everything else usually stays pretty much intact.

Either the cut was made for airtime or 4Kids didn't want one guy arguing with another about making a certain girl his and trying to get him to admit to having feelings for her. If it's the second choice, then that's perhaps the dumbest considering everything involving love that's occured.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Either the cut was made for airtime or 4Kids didn't want one guy arguing with another about making a certain girl his and trying to get him to admit to having feelings for her. If it's the second choice, then that's perhaps the dumbest considering everything involving love that's occured.
    To clarify, they did keep the scene with Jun'ichi's warning. What they cut was Marina's question and Kenta's response.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

may I ask why your STILL bashing 4kids? I'd like to see you try and do better, of course you can't. Think of the hard work they put into their shows only to be bash by you lot. Also think about it would you rather Jimmy still be called Yoshi? Hes not a green dinosaur with a Chameleon tongue! Also you complain they made one character female, BIG DEAL I thought s/he was a woman since I heard of this special, You think 4kids wouldn't have thought people would think the same? We've been looking forward to this for quite some time and now its here you complain. Well screw you, I think the dub is awesome and anyone who dissagrees is blind to the truth

Default !!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash
    may I ask why your STILL bashing 4kids? I'd like to see you try and do better, of course you can't. Think of the hard work they put into their shows only to be bash by you lot. Also think about it would you rather Jimmy still be called Yoshi? Hes not a green dinosaur with a Chameleon tongue! Also you complain they made one character female, BIG DEAL I thought s/he was a woman since I heard of this special, You think 4kids wouldn't have thought people would think the same? We've been looking forward to this for quite some time and now its here you complain. Well screw you, I think the dub is awesome and anyone who dissagrees is blind to the truth
    ...This, people, is the biggest cry for a huge STFU I have ever seen.

STFU!

...You know, yes. Yes we could do better. For one, we would have kept to the names given in 'Tie One On!', which I believe were said at the same time as 'Kenta' and 'Marina' in the Japanese version. Secondly, we wouldn't have made Bashou a woman. Thirdly, we wouldn't have cut scenes out pointlessly for no reason.

I bet you haven't even seen the Japanese version. And if you have, you have no taste whatsoever. Japanese Version > Dub. Music, voices and general feel. The dub has failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    ...This, people, is the biggest cry for a huge STFU I have ever seen.

STFU!

...You know, yes. Yes we could do better. For one, we would have kept to the names given in 'Tie One On!', which I believe were said at the same time as 'Kenta' and 'Marina' in the Japanese version. Secondly, we wouldn't have made Bashou a woman. Thirdly, we wouldn't have cut scenes out pointlessly for no reason.

I bet you haven't even seen the Japanese version. And if you have, you have no taste whatsoever. Japanese Version > Dub. Music, voices and general feel. The dub has failed.
    You are a fool!

4kids have reasons to cut scenes, do you ever watch non anime cartoons? Its a matter of what we call time. Its accully makes MORE sence for Bashou to be a woman, also if you wanted Jimmy to be called Yoshi then you are just stupid.

And I DO watch the Japanese vertion, I watch BOTH vertions, I accully am smart enough to like both! You just COMPARE the dub to the origanal, DO NOT do that just watch the dub as a show.

You are a fool!

4kids have reasons to cut scenes, do you ever watch non anime cartoons? Its a matter of what we call time.
    Lol lol lol lol. Yes, they cut scenes because of time. I suppose that's why Gravy said in Toonami don't cut scenes, and that they only cut things like eyecatches and such. :P And yet the scene I'm talking about was cut for both US and UK versions.

...And if it had anything to do with time, I'll see what happens in the DVD release. No problems about time there.

Its accully makes MORE sence for Bashou to be a woman, also if you wanted Jimmy to be called Yoshi then you are just stupid.
    ...How does it make sense for Bashou to be a woman instead of a man? Because he looks girly?

Yes, because Feminine Man = Woman. Great Logic. >.> Or maybe in the minds of 4Kids, it was Feminine Man = Homosexual = Must change to woman to make sure no one is offended! :0

Yoshi was the name given. They should have stuck to that. And if Jun'ichi WASN'T refering to Kenta and Marina in 'Tie One On!', (Which he was. :P) then they should have stuck with his name of JACKSON. Not Vincent. JACKSON.

And I DO watch the Japanese vertion, I watch BOTH vertions, I accully am smart enough to like both! You just COMPARE the dub to the origanal, DO NOT do that just watch the dub as a show.
    *puts on his LOLLERSKATES and circles around Gaiash*

I like the Dub too. It's just that this particular dub sucks. We've got one character changed to a woman. Another character with his name changed, and a possible two others having their name changed also. We've also got the pasts of Buson and Bashou changed too. In the dub, Sebastian asks who Bashou's new partner is.

In the Japanese version, nothing about Buson being Bashou's 'new partner' was said. (From several of the comments made, Buson had had a lot of experience working with Bashou. "You're serious as always, Bashou!") In fact, Sebastian didn't even know EITHER of them, never mind knowing Bashou. >.>

What is going on with 4Kids? First Arbok evolves into Seviper, then Attila is a WOMAN?! Talk about a Gender-Bender. What was the professor's dub name? I predicted Professor Bleda.

Actually, it was Hun, not Atilla who's gender was changed.
    "It is such a quiet thing, to fall.
    But far more terrible is to admit it."

Quote Originally Posted by Corvair
    What is going on with 4Kids? First Arbok evolves into Seviper, then Attila is a WOMAN?! Talk about a Gender-Bender. What was the professor's dub name? I predicted Professor Bleda.
    ...Sebastian. He was in the Lake of Rage episodes, and kept his previous name.

Well, maybe not. They never actually *mentioned* his name in this.

Despite all the mess-ups I still enjoyed it. I've never seen the Japanese version before I saw this one so I always under the presumption Bashou was a women (although looking back on it she has no tits so male no doubt).

From people who have seen both versions was there any over-shippyness by 4kids between Jimmy and Marina? Or did that all follow the script?

uhm,Gaiash...how does it make sense too change a man into a woman?
    I wonder...I think they should have changes the woman from sex & the city into a man, it make smore sense this way...-.-

And yoshi is a normal japanese name, the problem with the name was that they changes a japanese name into another one. jimmy is a awful random-crap name for a main charater and it´s stupid too rename an already mentioned character ( Jun´ichis name change was even dumper). I prefer the first name because they CHOSE too name him that way about 2 years ago..why should the name change be good?

and time cuts are just there too make neough space for commercials..how is that good? yeah 4Kids gets more money too buy more good animes like one piece and ruin them...-.-

the pokemon dub was never really bad it was okay for me ( the only point i really dislike is the change inthe music) but this dub sucks. end of the story

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter
    Despite all the mess-ups I still enjoyed it. I've never seen the Japanese version before I saw this one so I always under the presumption Bashou was a women (although looking back on it she has no tits so male no doubt).

From people who have seen both versions was there any over-shippyness by 4kids between Jimmy and Marina? Or did that all follow the script?
    ...Marina seemed a little extra pushy in the dub version. I mean, she teased in the Japanese version, but... there was just something in the way she said 'I missed you' that was so... -_- They made her sound all cute and sad and aluring as she said it, on purpose, to make it look like she was OMG IN TEH LOVE. Some of it was in the original, some of it not.

...Of course, she then proceeded to shove 'FabuLance' (Which I suppose is supposed to be Dub Version of 'Wataru-sama'.) down Kenta's throat. Hard. So I wouldn't say that it was a set thing that there was something going on, or that something would ever going to come of it. :3

Gotta love how Marina-chan calls Jun'ichi 'Darling'. Jesus, that was cute. *nods* And... XD! She 'talks to Jun'ichi all the time'. I liked that line. *nods*

FabuLance isn't so bad.

Geez...new partners? New partners don't work together like a well-oiled machine the way B&B do!
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Really, I never knew a Legend of Thunder TR member was in a regular episode. They should have put his name on the page with the TR members from this episode.

But tell me when ISN'T Gravy complaining about something?
    Well, with a member with such veiws as your own, I don't see how Gravy can't complain. Seriously, leave him out of this. o.o He's a cool dude.

Also its not 4kids who cut out the scenes anyway, the TV companies tell them which scenes to cut
    ...WTF. No they don't. If it were the TV companies, then way does a lot of the stuff taken out taken out the world over? The UK has different channels, and yet has the same version as the USA. :P And even if they didn't, you're still wrong.

Well makes more sence to me and the KIDS. Please THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!
    Feminine guys and homosexuals are common place in the world. The last thing they need to be doing in America is covering stuff up. (Seriously, Anime= Helps people get over homophobia.)

Or maybe just maybe they thought that questions like "Why is that guy dressed like a woman?" would be asked by the KIDS. 4kids dub FOR kids thats kinda why they are called 4kids, we just happen to LIKE it.
    Then you're a fool, and everyone agrees with me on that. 'By 4Kids FOR the kids'... what sort of f*cking retarded way of thinking is that. So you like being looked down on, do you? You like being viewed as something that hasn't got half of a brain? S+M Queens would love you.

Last name anyone? Besides Vincents a better name. Plus remember these guys don't go on online SPP sites which have info on Japanese episodes, when they got this episode they may have thought "Wait a muintites THESE are the trainers he was talking about? We can't call the GSC hero Yoshi" As for why Jackson was changed to Vincent well maybe they didn't like him being called Jackson. Honestly would you really want Jimmy to be called Yoshi? Do you know who Yoshi is? Hes that green dinosaur you ride around in Mario games, he was called Yoshi before because he was a name being mentioned and they didn't know they'd be important, remember they thought once Ash caught Charmander they'd never see Charmander again.
    ...For f*cks sakes. I don't believe someone actually took on board Geodude's, quite (No offense, dude. But seriously, were you smoking something at the time? o.o) lame and retarded suggestion. Last name my a*s. Jackson was his name, and they've changed it. No f*cking question about it. You don't go around refering to yourself by your last name, do you? No. And you don't ask people to do the same, do you? "Oh, hello. My name is Jones. Please call me Jones instead of Robert." :3 ...>.>

That was 4Kids being morons. It clearly said at the end of the script that Charmander had been kept by Ash.

Remember 4kids is aiming at people who havn't seen the Japanese vertion
    ...So it's okay to b*llshit people then? And Jun'ichi was named Jackson in the American version, and then changed to Vincent in the American version. Americans who hadn't seen the Japanese version would know that, at least.

-_-

But tell me when ISN'T Gravy complaining about something?
    Wait...what?
    Why did you even try to drag me into this? All I've been doing, if you'd actually read my posts, was providing a few miniscule facts concerning how Toonami tend to operate. I haven't once complained here, so there was no need to say such a thing~

And really, when I DO complain, I actually do back up my opinions, and provide positive veiws also, so...yeah~

Aquamaster Guest

Hello, I'm knew here, mind telling me what this is all about?

Basically, Legend of Thunder was dubbed, huge mistakes were made, and a man was turned into a woman, and now people are angry beyond belief.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

uhm..gaiash..the japanese version of pokemon is FOR KIDS as well..tell me why japanese kids can handle a feminin looking guy yet while other kids can´t?
    and about you commentary about the name changes..it has nothing to do with being an otaku or a geeky fanboy/girl...a company should recognize a character who appeared once..it like naming casey "casey" in her first episode and naming her "betty" in the second...
    urgs...start THINKING! everyone is proving that you´re wrong, live with it...enough for today ~.~

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast