Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend Of Thunder! (003)

Quote Originally Posted by Casey
    *Casey tackles Phantom Bugsy* Shoo shoo XD *Bugsy runs away*
    *Casey hugs Alfonso*

Yes, its weird. I think, they should do that. "Mewtwo Returns" has dub version, so why Raikou thing doesn`t? Hmmm....

Yes, I agree with you ^_^ Juni`chi is adorable *she hugs Juni`chi* I love episodes with him and I`m glad, he is in "Raikou Special". Well, I heard, that people would like to see there Kamon/Silver, but I don`t agree. Kenta, Marina and Silver are boring hero kids. I preffer cute Juni`chi than a next hero dude.
    Seriously now, what will people think with all this open Gang Glomping?

They didn't dub it because Ash and Pikachu wern't in it. Which sucks, because all of the characters are cooler than the ones in the normal series. Well, May, Max and TR *do* improve things somewhat, but still. The Raikou Special characters were different.

'Course, everybody knows I hate 4Kids Morals, so this made my hatred even worse. -_-

Poor Kamon never gets any love, does he? Damned scriptwriters...
    Last edited by Alfonso; 29th October 2004 at 5:25 PM.

Cosmo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Casey

Yes, I agree with you ^_^ Juni`chi is adorable *she hugs Juni`chi* I love episodes with him and I`m glad, he is in "Raikou Special". Well, I heard, that people would like to see there Kamon/Silver, but I don`t agree. Kenta, Marina and Silver are boring hero kids. I preffer cute Juni`chi than a next hero dude.
    Yeah, me too. I wish they would show more hosos/epis with him. Main reason is that he has my favorite pokemon Meganium. I remember naming my Meganium after him. They should've shown Kamon more though.

The Trainer Guest

Silver's non manga name(they really should give better names than colors), is Kamon. I never knew that. I think they should make more specials like this one. The current anime is predictable(too predictable).

Where'd that name come from, anyway? I've seen it all over, but I'm quite certain the rival was never given an official name in either the game or the anime.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Well the game names are for the people and Junichi has a dub name.

Kenta: Taylor
    Marina: Kris
    Junichi: Jackson <--- That's from the Show

Ash battled Jackson

-Scott-

3DS: 1590 4683 0583, Wii:1455 7087 4777 5760, PSN: MidnightScott

I love the Nintendo 3DS, games owned: 17
    Japanese Flare Red 3DS GET! 1891 1352 3198

RaikouRider243 Guest

This doesn't make any sense to me. A movie starring Entei and another one
    co-starring Suicune were released here. Everyone who knows about this special can say it's probably the best special of all. There are a few "valid" reasons why 4Kids wouldn't dub and translate this episode, and here are my responses to them.

Q1) Johto's long gone. No one would want to buy this.
    A1) The fans have spoken. This episode has been "illegally" fan-translated into English, and over 96% of all those who saw it loved it.

Q2) It won't work because it doesn't feature Ash or Pikachu.
    A2) Haven't you figured it out yet?! A break from the norm of Ash and Pikachu saving the day is exactly what the fans want. Tried-and-true isn't always the best way to go.

Q3) Raikou's already made an animé appearance.
    A3) <bias>You call a Raikou-shaped shadow seen jumping toward the horizon for a couple of seconds an animé appearance?!</bias> With one other exception, every Legendary Pokémon has made a major animé appearance, and all but four have even starred or co-starred in their own movie!!!

Q4) Some of the characters are too hostile for younger children.
    A4) "Too hostile for younger children" my ***. How hard can it be to edit the minor "hostilities" out?! Gimme a break!!!

I could go on forever about the lame excuses as to why this episode has not made it to the US, but I will stop here.

The Trainer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PokémonScott

Ash battled Jackson

-Scott-
    I always thought that Kenta was Yoshi and Marina was Dani(says so in there bios), but I hardly know anything in this field, so I'm probably wrong. Oh, and in G/S version, you could name yourself Kamon (Something about the rival's name being Silver in the manga tells me that there were probably two different sets of names; one for Gold version, the other in Silver version; I have Silver version)
    Last edited by The Trainer; 30th October 2004 at 12:48 AM.

Talking

You know...now that everyone's already talking about him, I'd also like to see Junichi in a Hoso. Or maybe even come back in a regular anime ep. Though I have to say...the name 'Jackson' never has and still doesn't do anything for me...-_-

He's so overshadowed by Kenta and Marina TT_TT And of the three, in my opinion, he's the best. Probably one of my fav non-Rocket characters.

Fav. Raikou Special characters:

1. Shiranui-Hakase!! (yay! *glomp*)
    2. Buson (gotta love the shades)
    3. Bashou (...I have pants like that...O_O)
    4. Junichi
    5. Eusine
    6. Kamon
    7. the rest...

I want to see this soooo bad!! ;.;
    animal crossing stuffs:
    Name: Stacey
    Town: Tangelo
    Fruit: Apples, Pears, Oranges, Cherries
    FC: 4597 3797 6086

Cosmo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PokémonScott

Ash battled Jackson

-Scott-
    I believe Kenta was Yoshi and Marina was Dani in the dub. Man, the three got the worst dub names in history of Pokemon, no offence.

Crystal Latios Guest

Their english names are:

Kenta- Yoshi
    Marina- Dani
    Juni`chi- Jackson

Bleeeeeeeh *Casey has sickness* I agree, the worst names. I don`t know, why they had to give them dub names. I think, their original names are the best. Also, "Yoshi" is a japanese name too.
    Only Minaki has a nice name- Eusine

I don't like 4Kids names either.

Like I said before, 4Kids are robbing themselves of a goldmine with this one.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

I have seen this special before, and it was pretty good. Here were the stuffs I liked and disliked.

-the part about the Black Hole Mode was neat
    -Kenta making fun of Steelix and making it mad was funny
    -Jackson complaining about Maina being captured and blaming it on Kenta hich was funny
    -Steelix falling off to the stream
    -the main heroes for the show, Ash, Misty, and Brock, weren't in a Pokemon stroy for once (even though I do like them)

Dislike
    -Raikou getting caught by the electric forcefield caused by the crystal which got repetitive
    -could of been more interesting

Overall it was good. I would give it a 9/10 since Raikou getting caught by the crystal force field got reptitive even the the Dark Hole Mode was pretty nice. Plus, having Ash, Misty, and Brock not being in a Pokemon story for once was pretty nice though sometimes I wish they were in it.
    Last edited by Kanto Trio; 2nd November 2004 at 12:28 AM.
    "The strongest Pokémon... Is this... the fulfillment of my dream?" --Dr. Fuji
    Brock: And I decided I want you to be my partner!
    Girl: What?!

Quote Originally Posted by RaikouRider243
    Q1) Johto's long gone. No one would want to buy this.
    A1) The fans have spoken. This episode has been "illegally" fan-translated into English, and over 96% of all those who saw it loved it.
    When it comes to 4Kids, the fans' opinions don't matter and there's nothing you can do about it. 4Kids thinks they know what their fans want without listening to a word they say.

Q2) It won't work because it doesn't feature Ash or Pikachu.
    A2) Haven't you figured it out yet?! A break from the norm of Ash and Pikachu saving the day is exactly what the fans want. Tried-and-true isn't always the best way to go.
    No, it won't work because Satoshi isn't in it. 4Kids isn't dubbing any specials before Houso because they're old and Satoshi isn't in them (with the exception of Mewtwo Returns which did have Satoshi in it). Houso specials aren't going to air since it's a completely different series and 4Kids would have to buy those.

Q4) Some of the characters are too hostile for younger children.
    A4) "Too hostile for younger children" my ***. How hard can it be to edit the minor "hostilities" out?! Gimme a break!!!
    Editing it would just kill the moment and would ruin the idea that these two Rocket Gang members are not kidding around and are serious when it comes to rare Pokémon.

I could go on forever about the lame excuses as to why this episode has not made it to the US, but I will stop here.
    The reasons be are that Satoshi isn't in them, and 4Kids isn't going to purchase specials that are around 2 to 3 years old, possibly older.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Ororo Munroe Guest

I like Marina's dub name. ;P Anyways, I just watched this episode and it was great! I haven't looked at too many of the pics from it before or the synopsis so I didn't know what was going to happen. It was an awesome episode and the first one I watched subbed (and in Japanese as well). Eusine's Japanese voice is cool. It was funny when they said damn, hell, and b.astard because I didn't expect it because they'd never be allowed in dub versions.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    Is it just me or does Juni'chi act a lot like Harry from Zoids Century zero.
    Harry's the guy with those two robots and likes that girl main character, right? Yeah, their girl obsessions do seem the same. (I haven't seen Zoids in about two years so I don't remember their names that well.)
    Last edited by Togechikku; 6th November 2004 at 5:58 PM.

I just saw this recently and I thought it was very good. Despite 4Kids opinions on the matter, having the story center on other trainers besides Ash & co was a very welcome change. Variety is a good thing 4Kids, why can't you understand that? Anyways, this had a good overal plot, and the two Team Rocket members were really serious, which was a change because we usually don't see the serious agents in the show. I liked all the characters, they all had good personalities. Now I can finally see why so many people like Junichi so much, he was great. I loved the part when Eusine was talking to Kenta and they were all serious and suddenly Junichi just starts wiggling across in the background wailing "Marina-chaaan! Marina-chaaan!" I laughed out loud.XD It's so unfortunate this wasn't released outside Japan because I think most people missed out on seeing an excellent special. Oh well, not much to do about it, I'm just glad to have been able to see it myself because it was really great.^_^
    Last edited by Heracross; 13th November 2004 at 2:11 PM.
    ~

Amazing I never actually posted in this thread before. ^^; *lol* Anyways, I personally enjoyed the Raikou special a lot. In fact, I honestly think it's story was better than some of the stories used in the Pokemon movies. XD

It's so sad they never used the characters again aside from Jun'ichi--not that, that's a bad thing! ^^ I really enjoyed Jun'ichi. The way he reacted when Kenta and Minaki were trying to have a serious talk about Marina actually made me laugh out loud! I almost never laugh at stuff on Pokemon, but that's because it's usually not that funny, but Jun'ichi really made me smile. His character was by far the best one on the show XD I so wish he would have replaced Takeshi. Ya know, like Takeshi going to his gym and Jun'ichi traveling with Satoshi in Houen? That'd rock!

My second favorite character in the special would have to be Silver (Kamon to most). I know he had no real character or anything, but in my eyes he's one of the most handsome characters. XD I just loved his attitude in the games and the way he's drawn in many of the mangas--I just wanna tie him up and hide him in my room X3 *smothers Silver with love* I also liked Minaki (Eusine). His voice was very sexy in the Japanese version. XD
    || The stars rule men, but God rules the stars. ||

OWNER OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
    Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

Default coming in U.S

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftrat
    I'm confused, why exactly was this special episode not shown outside Japan? I got two people telling me two different things:

1. WB Kids didnt want to dub it because it didnt have Ash in it?

2. It was a Nintendo of Japan-exclusive Event episode?

Can anyone fill me in? =^^'=

I will tell you something..it is coming to U.S! the U.S name is called raikou trust of a legend! The charater names have changed too.

The names are..well,kenta's name is now Evan..Marina is Rebecca

And Juni'chi is still Jackson becuse he appered in a anime Ep.
    Last edited by ~Kenta&Rikku~; 7th December 2004 at 12:51 AM.

What the...Kenta/Yoshi, where on Earth did you hear this? oO;;;

As far as we know, the Raikou special has yet to be dubbed. In fact, there's a very slim chance it will be dubbed. Adding onto that however, where did you get those names? The dub names we have for Kenta and Marina are Dani and Yoshi (one which your using in your name!) so it can't be Rebecca and Evan...o.o;;;;
    || The stars rule men, but God rules the stars. ||

OWNER OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
    Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

I would also be most interested to hear your source for this unlikely claim.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Two words come to mind on that claim. Bull Plop.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

Default its true

Quote Originally Posted by Shuichi Shindou
    What the...Kenta/Yoshi, where on Earth did you hear this? oO;;;

As far as we know, the Raikou special has yet to be dubbed. In fact, there's a very slim chance it will be dubbed. Adding onto that however, where did you get those names? The dub names we have for Kenta and Marina are Dani and Yoshi (one which your using in your name!) so it can't be Rebecca and Evan...o.o;;;;

This is true this is the website for proof:

http://www.teamrocket-video.com:2600...oal/raikou.htm

make sure you type in all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenta/Yoshi
    This is true this is the website for proof:

http://www.teamrocket-video.com:2600...oal/raikou.htm

make sure you type in all of it.
    Ah its an unofficial fan-dub...that doesnt count

Default thanks for telling me

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Ah its an unofficial fan-dub...that doesnt count

oh,thanks for telling me i thought it was a bit weird..

How the hell could you fall for that? x_x It clearly says "4Get 4Kids." It's so painfully obvious that it's done by fans. :\ 4Kids never makes these kind of sites.

Edit: And after downloading a clip, I'm starting to like 4Kids' dubbings even more. That has to be one of the crappiest fandub jobs I've ever heard. x_X Kenta sounded too old. Joy was too low to hear. Marina sounded too fake. And Jun'ichi sounded way older than he should be. What was up with Typhlosion's voice, too? >_o And none of the voices sounded like they had ANY emotion. Although kudos to them for using Legend of Zelda music for the background.
    Last edited by Chris; 7th December 2004 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    How the hell could you fall for that? x_x It clearly says "4Get 4Kids." It's so painfully obvious that it's done by fans. :\ 4Kids never makes these kind of sites.

Edit: And after downloading a clip, I'm starting to like 4Kids' dubbings even more. That has to be one of the crappiest fandub jobs I've ever heard. x_X Kenta sounded too old. Joy was too low to hear. Marina sounded too fake. And Jun'ichi sounded way older than he should be. What was up with Typhlosion's voice, too? >_o And none of the voices sounded like they had ANY emotion. Although kudos to them for using Legend of Zelda music for the background.
    yeah,sorry i did think it was weird though. kenta is my favorite
    charater and it was a really weird voice..*sigh*i guess i will have
    to stick with the pictures and the fake clip..

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast