Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend Of Thunder! (003)

AT least us in the States are Getting Hoso's eventually well chronicles, I'm all for having something changed. In fact are more mad at the Seviper/Arbok thing
    I have 3 Swellow's I believe, Swell, Tail and another one forgot that other name lol

For everyone who wants to speak to someone at 4Kids directly, someone who cares about the fans, I obtained Maddie Blaustein's e-mail and intend to send her our thoughts. If you could write up your feelings and send them to me (cammycommando@yahoo.com), I'll gather them together and forward them to her.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Im quite disopointed that the dubbed special has not come out in australia.When it dose,(IF it dose..)i shall watch it,and then i can say what i want to say about this dubbed version.All i know right now,is that YOSHI was a far better name than JIMMY.So what if yoshi is a Mario charature!

Why the hell is everyone assuming the name Yoshi comes from the damn green dinosaur of the Mario games? It's a JAPANESE name that's existed BEFORE the green dinosaur was every put into paper for designing. :|

And yanno, it's really stupid on 4Kids' part to make the change. It's like they thought "Crap! We slipped in abit of Japanese there! WIPE ALL TRACES OF IT OUT!" The whole change between Kenta to Yoshi was dumb, but Yoshi to Jimmy was just awful.

And I'm sorry, but Bashou is NOT wearing clothing that resembles female clothing. The only thing feminine about him is only a little bit of his face. So he has long hair. Big deal. It's amazing how Nintendo had no problem with letting a guy prance around in a purple fairy outfit in Pokémon Emerald yet 4Kids has a problem with a guy with long hair. And believe it or not, not every guy is just scrawny or beefy! O_O The last thing we need are to stereotype how guys should look like, because that's total BS right there.

Say, isn't it better to get in contact with the new narrator of Pokémon? He did join this forum at one point, didn't he? Quite sure he's easier to get a hold of and it'd be easier to relay stuff through him.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

PKMN Master Travis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alfonso
    Then you're a fool, and everyone agrees with me on that. 'By 4Kids FOR the kids'... what sort of f*cking retarded way of thinking is that. So you like being looked down on, do you? You like being viewed as something that hasn't got half of a brain? S+M Queens would love you.
    Don't call Gaiash a fool. I don't say he is thinking retarded. Alot of kids would be confused becuase he looks like a girl. I mean if I hadn't read anything about who the characters were I would think he was a girl . I think its cool they made him a girl because every other Team Rocket team had a a boy and a girl working together and I think that is cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso
    ...For f*cks sakes. I don't believe someone actually took on board Geodude's, quite (No offense, dude. But seriously, were you smoking something at the time? o.o) lame and retarded suggestion. Last name my a*s. Jackson was his name, and they've changed it. No f*cking question about it. You don't go around refering to yourself by your last name, do you? No. And you don't ask people to do the same, do you? "Oh, hello. My name is Jones. Please call me Jones instead of Robert." :3 ...>.>
    Jackson does sound like a last name more than it does a first. Vincent sound a whole lot better.

Since I don't live in the UK can someone post a pic of Bashou please?
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

The Grand Finale Arc begins with Chapter 109.

Ash will capture this thing.
    Mark my words

Quote Originally Posted by travischu
    Don't call Gaiash a fool. I don't say he is thinking retarded. Alot of kids would be confused becuase he looks like a girl. I mean if I hadn't read anything about who the characters were I would think he was a girl . I think its cool they made him a girl because every other Team Rocket team had a a boy and a girl working together and I think that is cool.

Jackson does sound like a last name more than it does a first. Vincent sound a whole lot better.
    So...? Jackson was his first name in "Tie One On". They changed it to Vincent. So REGARDLESS of what anyone is saying, they screwed with his name and it isn't his last name.

Thanks Geodude! :D

>.>

<.<

Yoshi to Jimmy?
    Jackson to Vincent?
    Bashou is a GIRL!?!!
    WTF?!

I've been dying to see either version of this ep, but if they screwed it around this much...
    If you could write up your feelings and send them to me (cammycommando@yahoo.com), I'll gather them together and forward them to her.
    <_< Haven't seen it, so I don't exactly have the authority; but hell, if I did, I'd be there.

PKMN Master Travis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    So...? Jackson was his first name in "Tie One On". They changed it to Vincent. So REGARDLESS of what anyone is saying, they screwed with his name and it isn't his last name.

Thanks Geodude!

>.>

<.<
    Geodude had nothing to do with me thinking it was his last name. And even if its not his last name Vincent sounds better than Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by travischu
    Geodude had nothing to do with me thinking it was his last name. And even if its not his last name Vincent sounds better than Jackson.
    ...I bet he did. He started it all off.

You'd think he'd know that if a Mod says something, everyone agrees and thinks he/she is right.

Serebii: Maybe Silver is Ash's Dad!

>.>

MegaraptorScribe Guest

This is mind-boggling, really. The dub is usually more consistant about stuff like this... maybe not the little details, but they're better at recurring characters.

Makes me wonder if another team worked on the script for this one...

Oh well. Explanation or not, they dropped the ball on this one in a big way. Life, and the Pokemon dub goes on wnyhow. Glad this is a one-off that we'll probably never see anything from again.

I'll still believe in them, because they've done a generally good job on this show for the last several years. Yeah, you get mistakes, but still, I think in the bigger picture, they do a good job, on Pokemon, at least.

PKMN Master Travis Guest

...I bet he did. He started it all off.

You'd think he'd know that if a Mod says something, everyone agrees and thinks he/she is right.

>.>
    Well you bet wrong.
    I was thinking that right after I saw the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    Basically, Legend of Thunder was dubbed, huge mistakes were made, and a man was turned into a woman, and now people are angry beyond belief.
    Maybe Bashou is a man that has a really high voice.

Jessie&James Guest

I really can't believe what was done to Bashou, it seems a little extreme to change him into a women, he dosen't look that feminime, or atleast IMO. It's gonna seem real strange to me hearing a women's voice coming from him, especially after hearing his original voice. :/

Runpapa Smurf, here's some pics of Bashou

[IMG135]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/7ee298f7.jpg[/IMG135]

[IMG135]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/d143d132.jpg[/IMG135]

[IMG135]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/a3d79aee.jpg[/IMG135]

>.>
    Unless your being sartastic, Murg already proven that isn't Ash's dad from the translation.

I donno, to me, he looks *extremely* feminine. But the point is that he isn't actually a woman.

Robert looks very feminine to me as well, but he's not a woman either. Nor is Harley.
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie&James
    [IMG135]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/7ee298f7.jpg[/IMG135]
    That's a woman, no doubt about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie&James
    [IMG135]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/d143d132.jpg[/IMG135]
    [IMG135]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/a3d79aee.jpg[/IMG135]
    These could be passed off as male, though they are still clearly female

I donno, to me, he looks *extremely* feminine. But the point is that he isn't actually a woman.
    Supposed transexuals are evil. *rolls eyes*

Gender bending... it's a standard procedure when it comes to watered-down childish dubs. Now THAT is evil.

Bashou looks about... so-so. Not exactly what I would call male material, but I'm one to talk there. :D

...*awkward silence*

*ahem* Harley, on the other hand, looks quite masculine to me.

XD;
    Last edited by Shigaiko; 13th May 2005 at 7:05 AM. Reason: BG's post threw me off. ^^;

harderbetterfasterstronger
    bishie furukawa nagisa
    code geass || breakout

I know that in anime, a distinct difference in males and females is that the females usually have distinct eyelashes that show more outwardly.
    Bashou has none of that for sure XD
    Banner by Muyotwo, pic resized by Muyotwo

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Wait...what?
    Why did you even try to drag me into this? All I've been doing, if you'd actually read my posts, was providing a few miniscule facts concerning how Toonami tend to operate. I haven't once complained here, so there was no need to say such a thing~

And really, when I DO complain, I actually do back up my opinions, and provide positive veiws also, so...yeah~
    sorry Gravy, your a cool dude but you do complain about things abit much (Munchlax comes into mind here), I had no intention of offending you but with my Autism its not easy to tell such things I mean Autism is a learning disability

...OK, you try to hide behind your autism twice, I'll say "that's no excuse" twice. And no it's *not* a learning disability, it's a neurological disorder.

And most of us wouldn't be complaining so much if we didn't know that 4Kids *is* capable of doing a great job. But the point remains that they did a *terrrible* job on this one. It wouldn't be so disappointing if we didn't know they could do great work. I mean, look at this and compare it to Mewtwo Returns. That was a FLAWLESS dub. I can't think of anything wrong with it, and I'm pretty picky (not just about dubs, but originals too).

But they dropped the ball on this. Face it. There is *NO* excuse for making Bashou a woman. There is NO excuse for forgetting a character's name and giving him a new one. Dubbing may be hard work, but that's no excuse.

...OK, you try to hide behind your autism twice, I'll say "that's no excuse" twice. And no it's *not* a learning disability, it's a neurological disorder.

And most of us wouldn't be complaining so much if we didn't know that 4Kids *is* capable of doing a great job. But the point remains that they did a *terrrible* job on this one. It wouldn't be so disappointing if we didn't know they could do great work. I mean, look at this and compare it to Mewtwo Returns. That was a FLAWLESS dub. I can't think of anything wrong with it, and I'm pretty picky (not just about dubs, but originals too).

But they dropped the ball on this. Face it. There is *NO* excuse for making Bashou a woman. There is NO excuse for forgetting a character's name and giving him a new one. Dubbing may be hard work, but that's no excuse.
    I'm not using my Autism as an excuse but as an explanation. And cut them some slack, everyone makes mistakes.

The Arbok/Seviper thing was a mistake. Changing Bashou's gender was *not*.

And you explained nothing other than telling us all "I'm going to use my neurological condition as a flag to hide behind so people don't flame me!" I've seen it before and I'll see it again--Aspies are some of the wankiest people in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by That Scary Clefairy
    Unless your being sartastic, Murg already proven that isn't Ash's dad from the translation.
    This isn't the place for that discussion, but I'd like to get this straight. I did not prove anything of the sort. I provided a more accurate translation which indicated that there was no positive evidence for the claim. It could still be true, and seems more likely than some of the other theories, but at this time it cannot by any means be claimed as fact.

Back on topic, changing Bashou's gender was bad, but I found the change to Marina's personality to possibly be worse. On watching the dub a second time (synced with the original, to check for differences), I noticed that in the dub everything she said seemed centered entirely on herself. I didn't get nearly the same egotism vibe from the original.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

The Arbok/Seviper thing was a mistake. Changing Bashou's gender was *not*.

And you explained nothing other than telling us all "I'm going to use my neurological condition as a flag to hide behind so people don't flame me!" I've seen it before and I'll see it again--Aspies are some of the wankiest people in the world.
    Stop being so selfish. All I'm doing is trying to stand up for 4kids

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast