Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 928

Thread: Legend Of Thunder! (003)

  1. #276
    PKMN Master Travis Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    ...OK, you try to hide behind your autism twice, I'll say "that's no excuse" twice. And no it's *not* a learning disability, it's a neurological disorder.

    And most of us wouldn't be complaining so much if we didn't know that 4Kids *is* capable of doing a great job. But the point remains that they did a *terrrible* job on this one. It wouldn't be so disappointing if we didn't know they could do great work. I mean, look at this and compare it to Mewtwo Returns. That was a FLAWLESS dub. I can't think of anything wrong with it, and I'm pretty picky (not just about dubs, but originals too).

    But they dropped the ball on this. Face it. There is *NO* excuse for making Bashou a woman. There is NO excuse for forgetting a character's name and giving him a new one. Dubbing may be hard work, but that's no excuse.
    Like I said before.Alot of kids would be confused becuase he looks like a girl. I mean if I hadn't read anything about who the characters were I would think he was a girl . I think its cool they made him a girl because every other Team Rocket team had a a boy and a girl working together and I think that is cool.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    The Arbok/Seviper thing was a mistake. Changing Bashou's gender was *not*.

    And you explained nothing other than telling us all "I'm going to use my neurological condition as a flag to hide behind so people don't flame me!" I've seen it before and I'll see it again--Aspies are some of the wankiest people in the world.
    He is not hiding behind anything. So don't make fun of him. He wouldn't make fun of you if you had it.

  2. #277

    Default

    Which I *do*, which is how I know.

    And I told you, I'll stand up for them when they deserve standing up for. But in this instance they DO NOT.

    And how does looking like a girl make someone a girl? Does that mean that Robert should have been a girl? Does that mean Harley should be a girl? Does that mean that Akari from How I Became A Pokémon Card should be a boy?
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

  3. #278
    PKMN Master Travis Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    Which I *do*, which is how I know.

    And I told you, I'll stand up for them when they deserve standing up for. But in this instance they DO NOT.

    And how does looking like a girl make someone a girl? Does that mean that Robert should have been a girl? Does that mean Harley should be a girl? Does that mean that Akari from How I Became A Pokémon Card should be a boy?
    Harley probably will be a girl. Robert you can tell he is a guy because of his clothes. You couldn't tell if Hun was a boy or not because of his face and his clothes.

  4. #279

    Default

    But his Japanese voice leaves *no question* about it.

    And what if a girl dressed like Robert? Would that make her a guy?
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

  5. #280
    PKMN Master Travis Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    But his Japanese voice leaves *no question* about it.

    And what if a girl dressed like Robert? Would that make her a guy?
    But what if you havn't heard his japenese voice? No if you could tell she was a girl she would be a girl.

  6. #281

    Default

    If you couldn't tell, then it could go either way. It doesn't default to being a girl if you can't tell, you know.

    Yes, Bashou is physically androgynous. However, he is very much male. And to change such a thing is just plain bizarre.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

  7. #282
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    Which I *do*, which is how I know.

    And I told you, I'll stand up for them when they deserve standing up for. But in this instance they DO NOT.

    And how does looking like a girl make someone a girl? Does that mean that Robert should have been a girl? Does that mean Harley should be a girl? Does that mean that Akari from How I Became A Pokémon Card should be a boy?
    Robert doesn't look like a girl, I'm not refering to hair I'm refering to his face, those eyes resemble Jessies. Also I didn't nessisarily mean that all femininbe guys should be turned into guys just that this particular character looks female and that thats probably the reason they did so. 4kids trully needs standing up for at this time.

    Anywauy lets talk about what we LIKED about the episode(s). I personaly thought Jimmy was very much like me now I saw the dub, its that attitude I can't wait for parts 2 and 3

  8. #283

    Default

    ...ok, so you think he looks like a man, and point to him having eyes like a female character.

    And why do they need standing up for when they did something wrong? Yes, we stand up for them when they do something right, but this was NOT right. I mean, I love my sister, but when she messes up, I let her know about it.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

  9. #284
    PKMN Master Travis Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash
    Robert doesn't look like a girl, I'm not refering to hair I'm refering to his face, those eyes resemble Jessies. Also I didn't nessisarily mean that all femininbe guys should be turned into guys just that this particular character looks female and that thats probably the reason they did so. 4kids trully needs standing up for at this time.

    Anywauy lets talk about what we LIKED about the episode(s). I personaly thought Jimmy was very much like me now I saw the dub, its that attitude I can't wait for parts 2 and 3
    Yeah Jimmy was cool. I liked his name too. Marina was cool also. Parts two and three will be great. Thats what I think.

  10. #285
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Milton Keynes, UK
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    And you explained nothing other than telling us all "I'm going to use my neurological condition as a flag to hide behind so people don't flame me!" I've seen it before and I'll see it again--Aspies are some of the wankiest people in the world.
    I wish I wasn't autistic so I could figure out how to reply to that insult without getting banned from the forum.
    Basically, you deserve to be banned, and that's all I can say without getting myself banned in the process.

  11. #286
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    ...ok, so you think he looks like a man, and point to him having eyes like a female character.

    And why do they need standing up for when they did something wrong? Yes, we stand up for them when they do something right, but this was NOT right. I mean, I love my sister, but when she messes up, I let her know about it.
    accully if people do something wrong thats usualy a GOOD reason to defend them. I realise the Jackson and Bashou things were bad but I'm sure they have good reason, don't ask me what kind of reason, I don't work for 4kids. Appart from those two characters its good (Marinas new peronality may be different but it makes the dub funny) and they DID fix a mistake with names (Jimmy suits Kenta WAY more than Yoshi) and parts 2 and 3 havn't aired here yet maybe they might have an explanation to Jacksons new name (MIGHT don't yell at me or 4kids if they don't)

  12. #287
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MTC
    I wish I wasn't autistic so I could figure out how to reply to that insult without getting banned from the forum.
    Basically, you deserve to be banned, and that's all I can say without getting myself banned in the process.
    lolollollollollollolstfulololollollol

    *continues like that for several minutes*

    ...Blackjack is making valid points. :P

    And MTC, try watching the Japanese version before you say 'That's a woman. Without a doubt', because after seeing the original, you'd see outright that that opinion is WRONG. Bashou's voice is just... o.o

    He's not a woman.

    Gaiash: Yeah, I bet. Heh. Don't delude yourself: They've screwed up on the names, and unless the bulls*it reason that Jackson is Jun'ichi's first name comes about, there won't be. And that reason itself won't come up.

  13. #288
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash
    sorry Gravy, your a cool dude but you do complain about things abit much (Munchlax comes into mind here), I had no intention of offending you but with my Autism its not easy to tell such things I mean Autism is a learning disability
    So, by your logic, it would be perfectly alright for somebody other than Gravy to complain, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by MTC
    Basically, you deserve to be banned, and that's all I can say without getting myself banned in the process.
    Neither of you deserve to be banned. It's called an opinion.

    EDIT: So... effin'... late... @_o;

    harderbetterfasterstronger
    bishie furukawa nagisa
    code geass || breakout

  14. #289
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Milton Keynes, UK
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    And MTC, try watching the Japanese version before you say 'That's a woman. Without a doubt', because after seeing the original, you'd see outright that that opinion is WRONG. Bashou's voice is just... o.o
    Based on the picture alone, not either of the voices (Japanese Male OR American Female), Hun is female. A male voice coming from Hun would just be weird, there's nothing wrong with 4Kids changing Hun into a female.
    There would be something wrong if the character looked like they could be either, then there would be no reason to change the character's gender, and it would be wrong to do that.

    You should be complaining about the big problem with the episode: Jun'ichi's dub name change

  15. #290
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Gaiash: Yeah, I bet. Heh. Don't delude yourself: They've screwed up on the names, and unless the bulls*it reason that Jackson is Jun'ichi's first name comes about, there won't be. And that reason itself won't come up.
    Wait you'd rather Jimmy be called Yoshi? *Laughs* Sorry but Yoshi is not a good name for him, Jimmy is MUCH better. Also doesn't 4kids have different writers? Whos to say the writers of Pokemon Chronicles are different from the writers of the adverage Pokemon dub. It would explain the Jackson/Vincent thing

  16. #291
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MTC
    Based on the picture alone, not either of the voices (Japanese Male OR American Female), Hun is female. A male voice coming from Hun would just be weird, there's nothing wrong with 4Kids changing Hun into a female.
    There would be something wrong if the character looked like they could be either, then there would be no reason to change the character's gender, and it would be wrong to do that.
    No. No, he's not. Bashou is a bishounen, which I'm sure you've heard of, and don't need me to explain what it is. They are very common in anime, and I'm suprised you seem to think that feminine look guy = girl, when plenty of guys in anime look like a frikking girl. -_-

    Yeah, nothing wrong. Sure. :P That is the most retarded thing I've read in this read. Of COURSE it's wrong. They have no damn right to go changing him into a woman, which HE IS NOT.

    Tell that the hoards of people that are p*ssed off, and the ones who are taking the effort to write letters and e-mails. :P

    You should be complaining about the big problem with the episode: Jun'ichi's dub name change
    While it's annoying, it's not the biggest problem of the dub of the Raikou Special. :P

  17. #292
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Outside Eternity
    Posts
    1,604

    Default



    I'm sorry, but anyone who has seen 350 episodes of any Anime (this is a close number to what the English dub is up to) should be able to clearly point out a guy from a girl.

    Anyone who licenses, translates, and dubs anime for a living for the past however-many-years DOES know the difference. This was purposely done, unforgivable, and someone should be fired. I mean, that was just a blatantly stupid, bad decision.

    It's a shame, since that was a good movie, too. I can't believe they did these things.

    Tell me one thing, who does the voice? Veronica, Rachel, or Lisa?

  18. #293
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Milton Keynes, UK
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    No. No, he's not. Bashou is a bishounen, which I'm sure you've heard of, and don't need me to explain what it is. They are very common in anime, and I'm suprised you seem to think that feminine look guy = girl, when plenty of guys in anime look like a frikking girl. -_-
    *finds out what bishounen means*
    OK, I agree with you, Bashou is a bishounen, which is fine if you're Japanese and are used to bishounens, but 4Kids decided to turn Bashou the bishounen into Hun the woman, which has no impact on the storyline whatsoever, and makes perfect sense.

    Its called an opinion, Alfonso, I'm not insulting you, I'm merely stating my opinion that 4Kids was well within their rights to turn a bishounen into a woman.


    Quote Originally Posted by Porygandrew
    I hope that middle one isnt a bishounen too, she's more female than Hun
    Last edited by MTC; 13th May 2005 at 3:14 PM.

  19. #294
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,440

    Default

    look why don't we accept whats done is done and you can't change it. I don't want this thread lock because of arguements so lets look at plus sides of the episodes

  20. #295
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Anywhere you're not
    Posts
    3,122

    Default

    Well, they can't lock this thread, it's an Episode Discussion thread. To my knowledge, those things have to stay open.


    My DeviantArt

    Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

  21. #296
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    3,505

    Default

    The first half was just repeated on Toonami so it's 50/50 on if the second half is shown tonight. Although I saw an advert that said new pokemon chronicles are shown every wednasday at half past four, so perhaps it's a weekly thing...

    Btw, is it me or was this episode a land mark for pokemon... aka the first ever use of the word dude in the anime...

  22. #297
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Anywhere you're not
    Posts
    3,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IMPERIAL DRAGON
    Btw, is it me or was this episode a land mark for pokemon... aka the first ever use of the word dude in the anime...
    I'm pretty sure Brawly said it at least once in "Brave the Wave".


    My DeviantArt

    Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

  23. #298
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    3,505

    Default

    Suppose so, it would have been appropriate because of the whole surfer dude persona. Either way it's pretty cool that they're using the word dude more, the episode was going great until Marina mentioned rap music ¬_¬

  24. #299
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    303

    Default



    notice the eyelash difference between the first 2 girls and Bashou.
    Banner by Muyotwo, pic resized by Muyotwo

  25. #300
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Milton Keynes, UK
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenta99


    notice the eyelash difference between the first 2 girls and Bashou.
    Bashou's eyes look like Jessie's, the middle one's eyes look didfferent from both the others.

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •