Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend Of Thunder! (003)

o___0 Translation please.

We Can talk about whatever we Want regarding the episode plzkthnx and we Can Give our opinions if we want to you know its Free forums and As long as it abides by The Rules We can do it this isnt braking rules You know

although sometimes it is good to Stfu when we've been on a Topic Too Long. Lol.

Look I Can Type I capitalize every Other word.

Purrrrrrr.

Hey Bugsy, what happen if they screw up Kudeo or even Eusine! I like to see your reaction!

IT'S KUDOU. K-U-D-O-U.

And that was actually kinda mean. o___o

I'd go totally rabid like you wouldn't believe. Bashou I don't care THAT much about, but I'm devoted very very much to both Eusine AND Kudou, since and they are two of my friggin BABIES. so I'd really REALLY wig out.

-______- That reaction enough for ya? *really p!ssed right now*

If they screw either up, you can bet they WILL finally hear from me. No Blackjack-prodding required.

Purrrrrrr.

Factory Head Noland Guest

I think "Legend of Thunder (2)!" is airing on Wednesday at 4:30pm.

T___T And I was actually looking forward to this...

I dunno... I guess I'm one of the few who like "Yoshi" more than "Jimmy". Gosh... I have this bad feeling that the stupid Jimmy Neutron theme song is going to be stuck in my head the entire time I watch this. >__< Actually, it's already stuck in my head. T___T

*cries* Marina's voice is really irritating me... It's so high-pitched... x__X

Bashou isn't a girl 'cause he has a long nose. XD Now... I'd understand if a guy like http://nintendo.co.jp/n08/ae7j/chara/ruthea/illust.jpg were turned into a girl. Yes, that's a guy. Yes, he has hips. Yes, he has girlish eyes. And yes, he has a girlish nose. But... that's a guy. Now... Bashou... Hun (and what kind of a girl has a name like "Hun"? x__X) does not have incredibly girlish eyes. And he definitely does not have a girlish nose in the Pokemon style. Thus, he is not a girl and should not be turned into a girl. *dies*

http://www.journalfen.net/community/...nk/705673.html

Aaaaand we have Fandom_Wank. Thanks, Ketsuban!
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Sign me up for the letter of protest on the extremely slim chance something might change!

I consider myself a defender of the dub, hardly a Japanese anime purist or overly critical, but these changes just go beyond words. I have never before been so angry with the dubbers...

Below is the letter, please send it.

<><><>

I have been a fan of the Pokemon dub ever since it first started airing, and have long supported the dub as among the more well-done ones of its kind. I've learned to tolerate occasional dub errors where Pokemon were given wrong voices, called wrong names, or attacks were mis-named, and have understood and accepted to an extent why certain episodes have never been dubbed.

Indeed, one of the few things I couldn't get over was the exclusion of the Hoso specials, as they contain so many great stories and even plot elements. So you can only imagine my joy when I found out the hosos would be dubbed and released on DVD. I didn't expect a perfect job, indeed I knew I most likely would not think all the voices and dub names fitted all the characters that well. But what has occured are far worse changes and errors than have ever been seen in Pokemon before.

For the first time, a character's sex is altered, the Team Rocket member Hun becoming a female. On top of that, there is absolutely no reason for it! There are no obvious gay undertones (even if there were it would be easy to dub them out), Hun looks and acts less feminine than a lot of men who have appeared in the Pokemon dub unscathed. Heck, James of Team Rocket is FAR more homosexual in behavior in the dub than in Japan. So how on earth can this change be justified?

Adding insult to injury, a character who has ALREADY been in the dub, the trainer Junichi (dubbed Vincent in "Legend fo Thunder" and "Jackson" in the Johto League series tournament) is given a completely different name and voice! I have never before seen Pokemon dubbed with so little regard to continuity and that is saying something!

"Legend of Thunder" could have been one of the best Pokemon features ever dubbed, on par with great, emotional and sincere dubs like "Mewtwo Returns" and "Jirachi Wishmaker." But as things are, if I buy it it would be mainly for the sake of seeing the animation first hand, and I would always be reminded of how pointlessly the dub stained the episode with needless changes. All the worse, that knowledge would make it difficult to enjoy any parts that are well done.

Pokemon may be a children's anime but it deserves more respect than this, and has always gotten it to some extent up until now. However if such careless, thoughtless, pointless dubbing is to be the rule of the future I have grave concerns. I want to believe you are above such blatant mistakes, that you care enough about the integrity of the series to not so casually kick it in the face.

Please prove that you do care about Pokemon as more than a mindless "kiddy show" by giving it the respect the Japanese animators and writers created it for. I would think to treat it like this is just as insulting to them as it is to fans, if not more so. They worked hard to deliver a serious, well done special in Legend of Thunder, and I know from past episodes and movies that 4Kids can do the same. So please, at the very least consider redubbing it so that Hun is a male and Vincent's name is Jackson again. Other changes to personality, music and names are more on par with past mistakes, and I for one can tolerate them, but to leave this as is without even an explanation would be frankly unforgivable.

Yours truly

Jonathan Schmidt

it would be a lot easier for me if you e-mailed it to me. But thank you for sharing it with the group!
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin
    Are you being sarcastic there cos I can't tell?
    I'm not I'm agreeing with you. If I was being sacasitic I'd have put a *Sacasum* not in

Um, I don't think anybody mentioned it, but what was the dub title for this special?

Did 4kids call it "Legend of Thunder Pt. 1, 2, and 3" or did they give each episode a different name?

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    Um, I don't think anybody mentioned it, but what was the dub title for this special?

Did 4kids call it "Legend of Thunder Pt. 1, 2, and 3" or did they give each episode a different name?
    well seeing as parts 1 and 2 havn't been shown we can only assume so. The next episode will be on my LAST DAY OF SCHOOL and I won't go back except for exams. What a great way to end a perfect day eh?

Part 1 has been showed; 2 and 3 haven't.
    "It is such a quiet thing, to fall.
    But far more terrible is to admit it."

PKMN Master Travis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash
    well seeing as parts 1 and 2 havn't been shown we can only assume so. The next episode will be on my LAST DAY OF SCHOOL and I won't go back except for exams. What a great way to end a perfect day eh?
    Yeah it does sound like a great end to a day. You are lucky.

OKay. I KNOW that 4Kids can do a good dub if they try. They HAVE kept original names. They haven't changed a characters gender for no good reason before. They CAN do an accurate translation. They DO have people with good voices in their voice cast(of course, they almost never USE said good voices...). They ARE capable of being consistant with things that have already aired. Thus, I must ask...

Why?

The name inconsistancy is highly annoying - do they think that people won't remember that they called Junichi "Jackson" before? Did they figure that Yoshi and Jimmy were different people? Changing Dani to Marina was odd since it's inconsistant with themselves but consistant with the original... From what I've heard, the script translation was very loose. Bashou's sex change was uncalled for; 4Kids hasn't had a problem with female-looking guys before, and apperance is the only way that Bashou is at all like a female - even then, one should be able to tell that he's a guy without much trouble, due to the flat chest and all. Even if 4Kids thinks that he looks like a girl, I doubt that little kids would be confused if he had a deep male voice. I'm not sure how the BG music was, but the opening is apparently horrible, since the lyrics look like the Johto Pokerap sans Pokemon names. The voices are also apparently bad. FabuLance isn't too bad(They wouldn't call him Lance-sama in a million years, and Lord Lance("Lord" is the best english approximation of "-sama" that I know of, but it doesn't do it much justice...) isn't something they'd do either. Sir Lance would've been better IMO; it manages to get across a respect for Lance without sounding cheesy or odd.)

4Kids IS capable of doing a better dub than this. Why they didn't seem to put any effort into it is both a mystery and highly insulting to the fans. Is it because Ash & Pikachu aren't in it? Did they feel like it didn't matter because it's not part of the main storyline? Argh...
    Last edited by Juputoru; 14th May 2005 at 4:01 PM.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

4Kids does things like this cause the majority of people who watch are 'kids' who won't notice anything and haven't seen the original. But they really should start catering to some of the older fans who have been watching from the very beginning. >___> Otherwise they'll end up losing some of their older and better fans.

Purrrrrrr.

It's on again in 30mins, I hope it's not another repeat like yesterday.. for some reason it keeps on taking it's self off the Sky+ Planner.. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin
    Shouldn't you be discussing the episode itself, not going on about how the guy looks like a girl (which I didn't see at all).

The only things I have to complain about the episode is that Hitmonlee's voice sounded too much like Hitmontop and that Typhlosion looked too small.
    You thought he looked to small? Why? I'm sure they can come in all shapes and sizes..
    Last edited by poke_girl; 14th May 2005 at 4:56 PM.
    Black - JP
    FC: 1848 9979 6673 Trainer name: Billy IDNo: 65021
    White - UK
    FC: 2537 2960 7121 Trainer name: Bella IDNo: 62467
    White2 - JP
    FC: 0819 9968 5972 Trainer name: Benny IDNo: 39588
    Black2 - UK
    FC: 4170 2407 1321 Trainer name: Britney IDNo: 09957

Quote Originally Posted by poke_girl
    You thought he looked to small? Why? I'm sure they can come in all shapes and sizes..
    Well yer, I'm sure that pokemon of the same types can come all in shapes and sizes. But I just found it unusal to see one look that small.
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    it would be a lot easier for me if you e-mailed it to me. But thank you for sharing it with the group!
    My apologies, my email was acting up a bit at the time, hope I didn't cause you too much trouble. ^_^

I'm going to try to find a silver lining:

Hey guys? There's going to be a ton of fanfic coming out of this. Some of it HAS to be whatever they're going to call Bashou/Buson-shipping, with people thinking that Bashou is female. How much do you want to bet that about half of it will be from people who have said, "Eww, yaoi, evil!" or something like that? And the fanboys...

Personally, I think he looks like a guy. Looks like a guy, acts like a guy, hell, he moves like a guy. For those speaking of his clothing: he wears a male's Team Rocket uniform. He is drawn in male anime villain style, with elongated, trapezoidal eyes and no eyelashes.

Bashou is male, 4Kids screwed up, and I'm off to find a fansub.
    "Bugger all that," said Nanny. "Let's curse somebody."
    - Terry Pratchett

See, his eyes don't look like anyone else's, male or female.

And as for the uniform, how do we know that's a male uniform? The only other agents we've seen of that rank, Buson and Tyson, both have bare arms and an open vest, and no bell bottoms. Sure doesn't look like Bashou's uniform to me.

His actions don't seem indicitive of gender. In fact he comes across as mostly androgynous to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kveran
    I'm going to try to find a silver lining:

Personally, I think he looks like a guy. Looks like a guy, acts like a guy, hell, he moves like a guy. For those speaking of his clothing: he wears a male's Team Rocket uniform. He is drawn in male anime villain style, with elongated, trapezoidal eyes and no eyelashes.

Bashou is male, 4Kids screwed up, and I'm off to find a fansub.
    I agree with you, he looks like a man at least for me.
    he has plane chest, without breasts.
    ok. he has the hips but...except that, he looks like a guy.

Brawly has hips like that too and there's no confusion there! HE'S more of a woman than Bashou is!

Maybe there's different variations of uniform in that rank or something....cause not all of them can have the muscles like Tyson or Buson. Bashou would look weird in that uniform. XD He'd like....swim in it.

Purrrrrrr.

Krabby Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    http://www.journalfen.net/community/...nk/705673.html

Aaaaand we have Fandom_Wank. Thanks, Ketsuban!

Hey Blackjack, isn't getting a good friend of yours to report a disagreement to Fandom Wank for you and put a positive spin on your participation, in an attempt to silence your critics, the equivalent of grudge wank? You have been just as wanky here, if not more so, than anyone else. "I've seen it before and I'll see it again--Aspies are some of the wankiest people in the world"? It's amazing how blind you are to the irony of that statement.

http://www.journalfen.net/community/i_wank/70530.html

http://www.journalfen.net/community/i_wank/69735.html

http://www.journalfen.net/community/i_wank/66645.html

http://www.journalfen.net/community/i_wank/65628.html

http://www.journalfen.net/community/i_wank/59834.html

http://www.journalfen.net/community/i_wank/47109.html

http://www.journalfen.net/community/i_wank/47016.html

Nobody can stand in the center of so many wankstorms and claim to remain spotlessly clean of spooge. Being a member of Fandom Wank should not protect you (even if it does - damn nepotism) and does not make you less wanky. You are a repeat-offending, first-class BNF wanker, hiding out in Rational Person Clothing. And if you still don't get properly called out this go around, it's only a matter of time. After all, you just can't seem to stop yourself from starting new wanky arguments with people over even the most fractional differences of opinion ...Except wait, it's that they're all just constantly starting wanky arguments with YOU...

http://www.livejournal.com/~blackjackrocket/58674.html

...Right? The world's against you for NO REASON, isn't it? People who have some problem with your polite inquiries for clarification are just stupid and obnoxious and possibly prejudiced, aren't they? Good thing your friends understand how you're really right "99.9%" of the time. And how they're willing and ready to help you sue, in Internet Court or otherwise, anytime you need them to.

I love how you thought you could actually do Bashou's voice, too:

http://www.livejournal.com/~blackjackrocket/59371.html

Is that why you're throwing such a snit, that they didn't pick you? ...you who loves and understands the character most of all? Might those ambitions be part of the motivation behind your sucking up to/harassing of voice actress Maddie Blaustein through this "send me all your angry emails for her" campaign? Since, you know, fortunately this time there's no evil con people keeping you away from HER.

Oh, and remember those polite inquiries for clarification I mentioned earlier?

http://www.journalfen.net/community/...36398#t7736398

http://www.journalfen.net/community/...16981#t2416981

Merely a wank magnet, you say? More like a catalyst. Seems you actually enjoy provoking and wallowing in conflict as much as possible, doesn't it? Go figure. Doesn't make any sense you encounter so many wankers, then... Obviously any criticism of your behaviour is totally improper, and undeserved, for the same reasons people shouldn't disagree with you, ever, because they're all wrong, and if they don't believe you, Fandom Wank will PROVE it to them! (Thanks Ketsy-chan!)

The only reason *I* didn't post it there was because I couldn't think of a focus. Should I post links to various arguements? Should I select a single board to narrow in on? Ketsuban posted it independantly of me--just because we're friends doesn't mean anyone controls anyone.

And the reason that I'm the one running the e-mail campaign is because I'm the one who got ahold of her e-mail address. Simple as that. I wouldn't be running it if anyone else had gotten ahold of it.

I'm 'throwing a snit' because they made a needless, utterly annoying change. No one else here wanted to do his voice and that doesn't stop them from complaining, now does it?

Krabby, leave Blackjack the f*ck alone. Now. ~_~

It WAS a needless and pointless change, one that should never have been and so we write letters. It's not like we're all 'Oh, put more Ash and Misty love lolz!' or something totally impossible to fix.

She's told me for AWHILE she's wanted to do voice acting, okay? She says she can do Bashou's voice better? I believe her. I support her wholeheartedly, and I believe she could do a much better job.

She is f*cking NONE of those things you said about her, you little wanker. 'Provoking and wallowing in conflict'? WHAT A F*CKING LAUGH. She would never provoke ANYONE, she never will. The only person who would fit those descriptions is ME, okay? You leave Blackjack ALONE. Trust me. She really IS right this time and you're not.

Purrrrrrr.

Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast