Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend Of Thunder! (003)

Shining Friendship Guest

I haven't seen this one just yet. I didn't really like part 1 or 2 so I hope this one is a HUGE improvement.

It's amazing how they still haven't figured out how the hell to pronounce Raikou.

And whoever said that tragedy line sounds like they were voiced by Yami Yugi's dub voice. o_O;

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    It's amazing how they still haven't figured out how the hell to pronounce Raikou.

And whoever said that tragedy line sounds like they were voiced by Yami Yugi's dub voice. o_O;
    That was the guy who was with Jenny and Eguine. Cudo or something.

Jeez, that was one horrid line to come out of Kudou if you ask me. o_O;

Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu
    That was the guy who was with Jenny and Eguine. Cudo or something.
    Actually, it was Eusine who said it, and not Kudo ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    I thought it was Kudo? Damm s=I should pay more atention.

Ah yes, I know what part that's from. You can hear Jackson freaking out in the background as he realizes they took Marina too.XD

So that's Eusine's English accent, eh? It actually doesn't work that badly on him, but that still doesn't excuse 4Kids from throwing continuity out the window. Not to mention, as EE pointed out, that was a pretty bad line, no matter who said it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy

...You mean they've given Eusine a frikking English Yugi/Yami Yugi voice? F*ck. How frikking screwed up. -_-

Anyone got any soundclips of ol' Kudou? :3

They change Harley into a girl, they die.

Still say it sounds like Yami Yugi. Doesn't really suit Minaki in the slightest bit. o_o;

Actually, now that I've watched that scene in the Japanese version with the sound off and lined that sound clip up with their mouth movements, I've got to agree with you guys, that voice just doesn't fit him.XP

Yay for me, my opinion changed that quickly. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso

...You mean they've given Eusine a frikking English Yugi/Yami Yugi voice? F*ck. How frikking screwed up. -_-

Anyone got any soundclips of ol' Kudou? :3

They change Harley into a girl, they die.
    What English accent? England has the most accents out of anywhere in the world, I should know, I'm English.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash
    What English accent? England has the most accents out of anywhere in the world, I should know, I'm English.
    ...Posh. o.o In an anime, with English accents, they either give them a posh accent or a cockney accent. There are no Brummies, or Geordies.

It's a mix between a posh English accent and the Yami Yugi voice. And an awful line.

I'd like to hear a chav character. Imagine Harley sounding like Vicky Pollard- hilarious!!!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Well, just by that clip alone, I'd have to say "Eugine" doesn't sound very British to me. o_o Unless someone can make another clip, cause he sounds more like the typical deep voiced Yami Yugi rather than the Brit-accented guy everyone seems to be mentioning. Now..had "Eugine" had Bakura's dub voice and accent, THEN he'd sound like a complete Brit. But for now, I can't hear anything in his voice that sounds anything like an English accent.

Caithyra Guest

I read through the thread and saw someone suggesting that Bashou's sex change was because he had a high-pitched voice, since then many has explained that he had a deep voice, and I thought that I'd post a sound clip of it.
    http://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...M3861RYEE46QQK
    "It is constantly changing its location. Based on data collected thus far, there is an 87% chance that it has moved to this area."

Really, the only thing that bothered me was the sex change and the fact that they were named Hun and Attila. However I am wondering, how did "Hun" sound like? Anyone has a sound clip?

Btw, I agree on the YamiYugi thing, when I listen to that clip I am always expecting "Eugene" to burst out "It's time to DUEL!" ^_^;

Now here's a plea to the pokémon crew should they ever come upon this:
    Make a searchable database based on both the Japanese and English versions with info on the pokémon and characters, and update it, and keep notes on what and when you updated it.

...Posh. o.o In an anime, with English accents, they either give them a posh accent or a cockney accent. There are no Brummies, or Geordies.

It's a mix between a posh English accent and the Yami Yugi voice. And an awful line.
    You didn't like that line? Oh Tragedy, Missfortune and Woe!

You didn't like that line? Oh Tragedy, Missfortune and Woe!
    ...No. No, I didn't. It's an AWFUL line, especially coming out of someone like Eusine.

...No. No, I didn't. It's an AWFUL line, especially coming out of someone like Eusine.
    I like the line, very Shakespeare, I should use that line in real life some time

I like the line, very Shakespeare, I should use that line in real life some time
    Very Shakespeare? No. Very Someone Trying to Sound like Shakespeare even though they've never actually seen or read any of his work? Yes.

It's the Popular Media Image of Shakespeare's work.. It fails.

...I wonder if Dogasu has ever used that line he said he was going to.

"You look a little... TIED UP. BWA HA HA HA HA HA!"

>.>

<.<

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Well, just by that clip alone, I'd have to say "Eugine" doesn't sound very British to me. o_o Unless someone can make another clip, cause he sounds more like the typical deep voiced Yami Yugi rather than the Brit-accented guy everyone seems to be mentioning. Now..had "Eugine" had Bakura's dub voice and accent, THEN he'd sound like a complete Brit. But for now, I can't hear anything in his voice that sounds anything like an English accent.
    All right, here's another sample of his voice. I leave analysis of accents to those who have a better ear for them than I do.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    All right, here's another sample of his voice. I leave analysis of accents to those who have a better ear for them than I do.
    ...The voice sucks. It sounds like he's trying to sound mysterious and interesting. A voice and a tale meant to capture the attention of thousands. Sadly, Dan Green fails. All Hail Ted Lewis, the King of English Accents! :0

Oh, and Posh English Accent mixed with Yami Yugi Ahoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    All right, here's another sample of his voice.
    Heh, the way he says 'envious' was enough to crack me up thats for sure. Not to mention the odd emphesis he puts into 'thunder and lightning!!!!111'.

Now that I've actually had a chance to hear the voice again, I've come to the realisation that its rather crappy. Took me long enough, ne?~

since your posting Eugine quotes you should post the "Young lady no-one is permitted to touch the cape" quote, that was hillarious..

since your posting Eusine quotes you should post the "Young lady no-one is permitted to touch the cape" quote, that was hillarious..
    Fixed.

And I thought it was 'Miss', not 'Young Lady'. :P

Fixed.

And I thought it was 'Miss', not 'Young Lady'. :P
    it might be, I can't remember, maybe we're both right maybe it was "young miss"

Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast