Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738

Thread: Legend Of Thunder! (003)

Recdently re-watched this whole mini movie/special and I really wish Ethan was the one in the main series instead of Ash. I like this episodes because I really love Raikou and he is just plain awesome. Also this Team Rocket Duo is pretty much ruthless to get what they need.

Fire and Lightning Race Across the Heavens

Great movie (though the dub was edited seriously heavily)
    And I agree with everyone who thinks Ethan/Jimmy should have been the main character instead of Ash.
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

Brilliant and I find I can watch it again and again. Nice look at what it'd be like without Ash. Only downside being I quite wanted the characters to be further explored but alas...
    Having traveled through the Kanto (x2), Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos regions, plus the Orange & Decolore Islands, competing in six regional Pokémon League competitions, winning the Orange League, defeating the Kanto Battle Frontier, seeing/ meeting each of the rare and powerful Legendary/ Mythical Pokémon, some on numerous occasions, and continually fighting vigilantly against six villainous teams, Ash has apparently now decided to go to school.

Hmmm I liked seeing Raikou having a big role finally, but I didn't like how Hun had a gender change in the dub. Also Eugine, Vincent, Jimmy and Marina having different names compared to the main anime was a huge dubbing oversight. :[

Lol, so now Eusine was Eugene and he had a different VA? 4Kids showed their lack of consistency here...

The dub of this wasn't that bad minus the name inconsistencies. Jimmy sounded great & he was enjoyable to watch and I wish he was our protag instead of Satoshi. 7.5/10

I rally liked these episodes.

At first I found it hard to adjust to the characters as I don't remember them from anywhere but after reading here I guess they are just in this special.

It wasn't a fun episode
    Sun / OR / Y Friend Code: 2595-4852-2744

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    Lol, so now Eusine was Eugene and he had a different VA? 4Kids showed their lack of consistency here...
    Yea I like Dan Green and all, but he made Eusine sound too serious here ha ha. ^^; I dunno why Ed Paul didn't voice him here cuz I'm pretty sure he was still working for 4kids when this was dubbed.

Eh, I didn't think this Chronicle special was needed since it's not as if we ever saw Jimmy again. That and I didn't get why Raikou was the star here. Of the Johto Beasts, it's the most vapid one.

Oh man, I wanna watch the Japanese version of this legally so bad! I love Eusine, I'm really fascinated by specials that don't contain Ash, I quite like the three main leads and Raikou is my favourite of the three beasts. I don't know any spoilers but I just wish I could get my hands on that release... -_-
    Banner by me!

Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    Did they ever figure out who let the dogs out?
    Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Left Alone ~ A Simple Kalosian's Story
    Fanfic Profile:
    Serebii.net Fanfiction Profile

I used to have a crush on jimmy/kenta from this special xD

I remember reading one of the team rocket members in it who was dubbed as a female was male in the japanese version.

...4kids is homophobic :/

Also, Marina's pokemon had really cute nicknames imo :3 And I think with her and their moves in battle she'd make an awesome pokemon performer.
    PLEASE READ MY SIGNATURE TO LEARN WHAT MAKES ME TICK AND STUFF. its important to me...
    PLEASE don't call me a 'guy'. Its a real pet peeve of mine with my autism and how my brain work's. thank you...
    Gay, happy triox! Wait, gay also means happy, right? :P Riiight?
    I have a MAJOR crush on korrina and i think she's totally awesome! best gym leader ever. Should be a champion.

I made this blingee of one of the most awesome pokemon EVER :3
    ~Lipstick Lesbian and Proud~ Well, i'm actually bi, but korrina's really the only 'attractive to me' character i ever dare look at on a daily basis, soo... :P
    I have autism too

To this day, I don't know why 4Kids was against Hun's design. 4Kids always made James effeminate, so why was Hun taboo?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLeviathan View Post
    To this day, I don't know why 4Kids was against Hun's design. 4Kids always made James effeminate, so why was Hun taboo?
    I guess Hun just looked too feminine even for 4Kids to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    That and I didn't get why Raikou was the star here. Of the Johto Beasts, it's the most vapid one.
    Well Raikou didn't get a chance to show up during the Johto saga except as a cameo, so I thought its inclusion here made sense. I mean we had seen Entei and Suicune get movie and episode appearances already, so Raikou deserved this special. :3

Prof. Sebastian showed up here, yet hardly did anything, which is the second time he's been inactive. And why was Eusine's English name suddenly different?

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738