Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend Of Thunder! (003)

...W. T. F.

This is disgusting. This is just plain disgusting. What the f*ck do 4Kids think they're doing, making Bashou a woman? I mean, F*CK.

So everyone knows 'Hun', or whatever he's called in the Japanese version, is a MAN in the Japanese version. He had a very, very deep voice in the original, and yet... This is just disgusting. I have lost all faith I had in 4Kids, and that was not a lot. But now, this... Jesus. Thanks a lot, 4Kids. You officially suck. And if some Mod would like to ban me, or have a go at me for bashing 4Kids, then don't. Because I won't give a s*it.

>.>

<.<

I mean, do these people HAVE memory? Don't they remember Jun'ichi from the Johto League? Don't they REMEMBER calling him Jackson?

Retarded f*cks.

Questshipping < Backshipping. Simple. *watches as the Questshipping thread becomes teh uber popular* >.>
    Last edited by Alfonso; 11th May 2005 at 5:53 PM.

I didn't think it was very good, the episode didn't have much substance. I hated the name Jimmy so much, and the opening song was sooo lazy (Poké Rap, come on...)

Yeah, Hitmonlee had an awful goddamn voice. I suppose you could just say it's a high-pitched one.

I thought the interaction between Jimmy and Marina was weak to be perfectly honest, we've seen it all before.
    I thought the best characters were Atilla and Hun, yeah they have terrible names too, but the way they were thrown about in the episode, little was made of them meaning to go together so it was okay. I liked how they Hun was just trying to get the job done, and Atilla was playing about, they seemed to have the most to their characters, whereas Jimmy and Marina were just so cliché Pokémon hero.

I didn't like how Jimmy and Marina seemed to have this backstory, and they hinted on it but refused to go into any detail, I thought that was very poor storytelling.

The battles were sub-par and pretty boring. Seen all that before too. And there's no way in hell Raikou would be dumb enough to strike twice. Do your hand on the iron more than once? No.

Yeah, I wasn't impressed. I'll watch part 2 though.

I hated part 1 it sucked they mutilated the characters names and voices the only bright side was seeing the Johto trainers I might get the DVD for that one reason.
    Overall Poketto Monstutaa Houso > Pokemon Chronicles please say I spelt the japanese name right.
    Last edited by Silver Fusion; 11th May 2005 at 6:16 PM.

Just click it already.

Who did Marina's voice?

Please for the love of god I hope it wasn't Lisa Ortiz.

Quote Originally Posted by ShucklemasterJ
    ****ING AWESOME!!!!

I LOVED TYPHLOSIONS CHEEKY FACE IT MADE AT JIMMY!!

but what kind of name was wanne-wanne for a croconaw?

Tilla and Hun- I can see the pun
    Waninoko is Totodiles japanese name, so the Wani-Wani comes from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard
    Waninoko is Totodiles japanese name, so the Wani-Wani comes from that.
    ...Wani-Wani was also the Japanese name of her Croconaw. :3

They changed Bashou's gender?! What in the...gah. *growls* Oh well. I guess ONE humorous thing will come out of this. Just imagine all the fanboys possibly claiming him to be hot...XD

Other than that? I guess I can't really say anything till I see it for myself, but one thing's for sure...I'm sure as heck ticked off that from now on I'll have to listen to the names Jimmy, Hun, etc. That was the only good thing about this special not being dubbed...lack of crappy names. << *prepares herself for all the dub-lovers*
    || The stars rule men, but God rules the stars. ||

OWNER OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
    Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip girl
    yeah it was so cool and when is it on again what days
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    Just looking through the Sky Guide.. it is on Friday, at 4PM, Saturday at 4PM, Sunday at 4PM then Wensday at 4:30PM
    Also on again tonight at 7PM
    Black - JP
    FC: 1848 9979 6673 Trainer name: Billy IDNo: 65021
    White - UK
    FC: 2537 2960 7121 Trainer name: Bella IDNo: 62467
    White2 - JP
    FC: 0819 9968 5972 Trainer name: Benny IDNo: 39588
    Black2 - UK
    FC: 4170 2407 1321 Trainer name: Britney IDNo: 09957

Quote Originally Posted by Shigeru-Kun
    That was the only good thing about this special not being dubbed...lack of crappy names. << *prepares herself for all the dub-lovers*
    Oh, I donno, I consider a fair amount of the original names to be crappy too.

And usually I love the dub, but here they went too far. I encourage everyone to call that number I posted earlier and register your disgust.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    Who did Marina's voice?

It wasn't XD But the voice has definatly been used before, I know that much.

Its repeated again in half an hour from now, so I'll try and get down as much information as I can for people outside of the UK and hopefully answer a few questions~

For the record, I thought the name 'Jimmy' for the main hero character was laughably bland. And Vincent is the sort of name I'd expect for a minor character.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    Who did Marina's voice?

Her voice did suck, didn't it?
    I sware, it didn't seem to fit her at all..
    Black - JP
    White - UK
    White2 - JP
    Black2 - UK

It's repeating? Since we ARE allowed to request/post sound clips, maybe someone can get a wav file of some of the characters? Just to see what everything somewhat sounds like.

Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

Quote Originally Posted by Shigeru-Kun
    It's repeating? Since we ARE allowed to request/post sound clips, maybe someone can get a wav file of some of the characters? Just to see what everything somewhat sounds like.
    Well I have it recorded on my Sky+ I can get my mic and try my best if you like.

Well I have it recorded on my Sky+ I can get my mic and try my best if you like.
    Thanks Poke_girl

Backing up now, what were Marina's other monsters named? I highly doubt Pink-chan was kept, or if it was, the chan was dumped. Just asking.

Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

And now you know why I stick to the original Japanese version. I mean, it wasn't too long ago that they renamed Jun'ichi as "Jackson," yet they change his name again. Including Kenta and Marina's names. Jesus, how could they forget that damn fast? First Pokémon, now characters. Way to go!

Bashou becoming a woman? That's hilarious considering dubbing companies only do that when the person in question is bordering onto being either too feminine or being a homosexual (Zoicite in Sailor Moon for example). But since Bashou was NEITHER of those, 4Kids has some explaining to do. What was it? The long hair? This just makes me further believe that 4Kids gets the show with absolutely none of the audio and they rarely pay attention to the script.

Question regarding Typhlosion. Did it keep Bakufuun's voice like it has done previously before?
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Neither of them? I donno, I think his relationship with Buson was pretty obvious. But that's just me.
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

okay, here's one sound thingy of Vincent (Jackson..)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/1702167/vincent.wav.html

Just to test ^^; is that good enough? Shall I go do some of the others now?

wav.html? I think you need to redo that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    Neither of them? I donno, I think his relationship with Buson was pretty obvious. But that's just me.
    It's just you. o_O They're just Rocket Gang partners. One's the brains and the other's the muscle. Bashou battles inteligently while Buson's easy to anger and tends to get ahead of himself. The two balance eachother out. Nothing more. :s
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    wav.html? I think you need to redo that.
    I dunno.. I put it on this rapidshare thing, try it, please..
    Black - JP
    White - UK
    White2 - JP
    Black2 - UK

Tried it. Doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by poke_girl
    okay, here's one sound thingy of Vincent (Jackson..)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/1702167/vincent.wav.html

Just to test ^^; is that good enough? Shall I go do some of the others now?
    ...Could you do Bashou/Hun? Or whatever the hell his name was. You know, the one that was changed to a girl.

E-mail sent to 4Kids:

...I am aware that you do not deal with certain complaints in regards to such things as Pokemon, so if you could, I would like you to forward this to Mr. Grossfield, who I believe is involved in many projects related to Pokemon, including being in charge of the latest dubbing of the 'Hosos'/Chronicles.

...I would have sent this to the man himself, but I could not find any form of e-mail address on the website.

Thank you for forwarding this.

Dear Mr. Grossfield:

Having just gotten on-line, I was horrified to discover the latest news that had sprung up after Pokemon Chronicles had just aired in America and the UK for the firs time. To be more specific, the Legend of Thunder... That Bashou, the silver haired Team Rocket member that was originally male in the original Japanese version (I have seen it, so I know.) was made a female in the dubbed/American version. 'Hun', I believe, was his dub name. Now, with the upmost respect, I want to ask this: Why. Why. Why. I just want a clear answer. No crap, because I've had to put up with people doing this in anime before... Sailor Moon, for one. However, there is no reason for this. DIC, or whoever dubbed Sailor Moon, were trying to cover up some lesbians that they felt were unsuitable for the American youth. (This, of course, is not something I agree with. But that's not the point.)

However, there is no reason for this. No ******** reason at all. There is NOTHING that could possibly excuse the sex change.

Oh, and I'd also like to know why Jackson's (Jun'ichi.) dub voice was changed to Vincent. Does 4Kids have some sort of problem in keeping up with past episodes of the show? The fact that it was stated in Trainers Choice that Arbok evolved into Seviper is further proof of this.

An explanation of these three points would be greatly appreciated. And an apology, also. I've lost a lot of faith in 4Kids over the last few years, and this has just pushed me over the edge. I've been watching Pokemon the day it aired in the USA. I bought the DVDs just to hear the Voice Actos and Directors Commentary. But now, I don't have anything left. There was no reason to make Bashou a girl, none at all. So I'd like someone to explain to me clearly WHY he was made a woman. No excuses, just an explanation and apology.

...I hope this has nothing to do with the fact that Bashou/'Hun' (Or whatever he was called in the dub version.) looked very feminine. Do the people over at 4Kids have a problem with feminine looking guys? Do they think that the kids will think that they are gay? Do they not want to give the wrong impression of Buson and Bashou's relationship?

And so, I want to know.

I'd also like to ask something else, if you don't think I've been rude enough. There is a character named Harley/Harry (Depending on how you want to translate the Katakana... I prefere Harley, because Harry is spelt differently in Japanese that what his name appeared as in the credits.) that is set to appear in an upcoming Contest episode. ("Izabe Contest! Beware of the Rival!) He looks rather feminine, and I, and several other people, are worried that you will change him to a girl because of that. I have a picture of him, if you wish to take a look:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...Harley_HOT.jpg

...As you can see. You banned the Jynx episode because of the racist stereotypes that it seemed to contain. Will you change Harley to a girl because he acts rather flamboyantly, just to please the Soccor Moms? Because the American youth don't understand the concept of a feminine male? Hmmmm? I'm sure you think I'm being very rude, but at this point, I'm in rather a bad mood, and I certainly don't want to see something this disgusting to happen again. I'm not blaming you, but seriously. If the sex change was nothing to do with you, the fair enough. Just make sure it never happens again, because I, and several other people I've talked, finds it VERY offensive, and an insult to homosexuality that people think that a feminine looking guy must be changed to a woman to make sure there is no offense. If it is, then make sure it doesn't happen again, and an apology addressed to myself all the fans of Pokemon would be greatly appreciated, as well as some form of explanation.

...I will be sending this every week until I get a reply. If you listen to some woman claiming some rubbish about Jynx being 'racist', then I expect you to listen to me. (And all the other fans that I'm sure have called up.)

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to recieving a reply.

Regards,

Robert Jones
    :P

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Did it keep Bakufuun's voice like it has done previously before?
    Yeah, as far as I can tell it kept saying that. It sure as heck wasn't saying "Typhlosion" anyway, but I've never heard it before so...

Q1. So the long haired "woman" is actually a man? The one with the Steelix? That is very interesting.

Q2. I wasn't going mad, and the third character actually WAS in theory Jackson, correct?

Typhlosion is alot smaller than I thought it would be to be honest.

I dunno, from what I've read it seems like they made a right mess of this. I loved the battles though. Beedrill can actually kick some surprising butt when it's allowed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Batdude
    Yeah, as far as I can tell it kept saying that. It sure as heck wasn't saying "Typhlosion" anyway, but I've never heard it before so...

Q1. So the long haired "woman" is actually a man? The one with the Steelix? That is very interesting.

Q2. I wasn't going mad, and the third character actually WAS in theory Jackson, correct?

Typhlosion is alot smaller than I thought it would be to be honest.

I dunno, from what I've read it seems like they made a right mess of this. I loved the battles though. Beedrill can actually kick some surprising butt when it's allowed to.
    Yes, the long haired 'woman' was a man in the Japanese version. And there's nothing 'in theory'. Vincent= Jackson= Jun'ichi.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric

Question regarding Typhlosion. Did it keep Bakufuun's voice like it has done previously before?
    No, it was definitly shouting 'Typh, typh' when it battled. It wasn't as deep as I'd expected, but from what I can remember (I wasn't really paying much attention) it wasn't that bad.

Edit: Maybe it was just me then, I swear it wasn't saying anything resembling 'Bakufuun'.

Edit 2: Gravy just confirmed it- wasn't dubbed. Must be me.
    Last edited by *Murkrow; 11th May 2005 at 6:58 PM.

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast