Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF times

Default WTF times

Were there any moments when you felt like yelling "WTF????" in D/P/Pt?

If yes, then post on this thread!

Once, I traded to someone (not on these forums) for Pokémon I knew were PokéSav'd (I don't have them anymore so it doesn't matters.)

The thing is, they had Premier Ribbon. WTF is that Ribbon? It's like the Classic Ribbon, but with more ribbonish stuff behind it, it has two red strips over the gold medal and the rest is red. It prevents Pokémon to be put on the GTS.

Why would Game Freak make a Ribbon like that if there's alerady the Classic Ribbon?

Maybe you should've named the title 'WTH times' because...well, I wonder if kids would ask their moms what that F stands for.

Anyway, the only moment I can think of from the top of my head is that I was like 'wtf' (or wth...either way works) when I hatched a shiny Adamant Larvitar. It possessed Boah's IV's...but too bad it isn't a Quiet nature. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Scalgon View Post
    Maybe you should've named the title 'WTH times' because...well, I wonder if kids would ask their moms what that F stands for.
    Clearly, it stands for fiddlesticks.

Anyways, on topic. Battle towers gives me a lot of those moments. Like when things survive with 1 hp with focus sashs, moves miss like 3 times in a row and, on higher levels, the opponent always having pokemon that cause mine trouble.

Sudowoodo. Proof that dancing trees are awesome

Moving to My DP Games. Threads that have more to do with your own experiences go there.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

The time on battle tower when my pokemon got paralyzed. Every turn, it's move was paralyzed. Then, I get past the para. It missed. =|
    Or the time I had 1PP left going against a Shedinja, used Flamethrower, and it focus sashed. I was not a happy-gamer! >=[
    OH EM GEE!!!
    GS REMAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *Trys to look cool*
    Not like I'm... excited or something

Angry

UGH the battle tower makes me SOO angry... Its the only thing keeping me from my black card. First off, Shedinja should be BANNED like... from the game, but mostly from the tower. I mean come on. And second, when I get to maybe 25 or higher and I'm soo happy that I'm progressing and kicking major booty, then suddenly my whole team is like retarded and blind apparently going MISS MISS MISS oops I'm dead. Try again next time! ^_^ From the START. -^_^-

WTF
    or WTH heehee

Mine was a better side of this, but I still was thinking that. It was earlier today and I was facing Cynthia w/ my fire mono challenge team. I was left w/ just my level 41 Torkoal against here Lucario who was @ 1/2 HP. I was out of revives and Torkoal was last standing. She used Aura Sphere and left me hanging w/ 3 HP. Then I use Lava Plume and get a Critical to win.

I Was Battling Azelf It Was Burned and On Low HP I Used A Ultra Ball and It Didn't Even Wiggle Once

XX Matty XX

1650-2156-8278

The Lake Trio were the three left I had until I got the national dex and I couldn't catch any of them! I tried every ball except for the masterball and just ended up deciding to kill them and not worry about it (I wasn't planning on using them anyway). And again, I was wandering through Turnback Cave (I knew it was where Giratina was, I just had no idea how to get it) and it just turned up out of no where. And Giratina was 10x easier to catch than the trio! It's just one of those time when you think to yourself... wtf?

Default i frigginly HATE NPCS

i caught a medicham.
    goes to snowpoint.
    goes to the girl who wants medicham.
    trades for haunter.
    recieves haunter.
    HAS EVERSTONE

FTW

made me hate sweet npcs

any questions?

I was one pokemon from facing the tower tycoon for the second time. Of course I was facing a Nidoqueen with a focus band. It survived My first attack thanks to Focus band. I thought nothing of it. I send out my next pokemon. Move misses. Nidoqueen attacks. Move hits but focus band activates. I get killed. I was pretty fiddlesticking angry by now. I sent out my last pokemon. A critical hit, and focus band activates AGAIN. Then nidoqueen gets a critical hit and kills my last pokemon. I just sat there looking at the DS, with my eye twitching. i was sitting there, for like half an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    It'll affect those who only have one eye. It's a form of anti-piracy.

Not really related to fourth-gen, but still, this was a time that I was ready to yell at the game...

So I'm playing Colosseum's Mt. Battle to get a Ho-oh, and there's something wrong with my memory card so that I can't save my progress, meaning I have to go through all 100 same-level-as-mine battles in one go. Meaning I was up until around 3 AM battling (started at around noon, I think). Anyway, I get to the last guy, and wipe out all but his last pokemon. He sends it out. Kyogre. I tried to faint it so many times by using a combination of two pokemon: first one of them would put it to sleep, then another would use Thunderbolt and kill it. Simple. However, the Kyogre also happens to be incredibly fast, so I'd have a 50/50 chance of my first pokemon putting it to sleep before it Hydro Pumps it to death (and its Hydro Pump NEVER MISSED. Not once.).

Anyway, I battle this thing, like, 30 times, and it always kills me; by the time I've gotten to it, my party's pretty hurt, so I've pretty much only got one shot every time. I finally manage to put it to sleep and keep it asleep for the one round it takes for me to switch out pokemon. I launch the Thunderbolt, it's Super Effective, I've won... "KYOGRE held on using its FOCUS BAND!"

Hydro Pump. Dead.

I've never been more ****** off at pokemon in my life.

I did get the Ho-oh eventually, but boy, was it a pain...

a Budew had 1 hp left and it took me 4 great ball to catch it.....there was a big WTF sign on top of my head...seriously xD

i hate it when i tried breeding a female chimchar with a ditto no matter what i got a ditto is it a glitch but i stayed up all night tryibg to get it to work like wtf

I was messing around in Battle Tower with a team of just the Sinnoh starters and I got fissured once by a Nidoking, then Guillotined twice from a Crawdaunt because I missed one of my attacks. I wasn't really mad since this was after the Tower Tycoon but seriously how do you get OHKOed 3 times in a row with attacks that work only 30% of the time?
    Lucas
    Pearl FC: 2836-5689-1402

Hikaru
    Platinum FC: 0517-3210-8807

I was honestly surprised at the following:

-Uxie with two Ultra Balls
    -Azelf with three Great Balls
    -Heatran with two Dusk Balls
    -Palkia with ONE QUICK BALL!

And then:

-Shinx with nine Repeat Balls... T_T

Pity me.

Meet Herbie the awesome Torterra Chao! Made by Tori845, updated by §Suicune§
    PM me to give him a hug. Current Hugs: 9

My Favourite Pokémon:

another one.
    BT, battling crawdaunt, last pokemon.
    i had my gallade sticking out.
    gonna used swords dance.
    QUICK CLAW ACTIVATES>?
    crawdaunt uses guillotine.
    KO
    Sent out drapion.
    used cross poison
    foe used crabhammer.
    going to end it with another cross poison.
    QUICK CLAW ACTIVATES>?
    used guillotine
    KO
    Sent out marowak
    gonna use bonemerang.
    QUICK CLAW ACTIVATES>?
    used guillotine
    KO

any questions?

Wasting a lot of Pokeballs on Beldum, eventually I tried to battle it with my Banette (ghost lol) but when Take down ran out, guess what? Struggle. Beldum killed itself and yep...so frustrating.

Surfing through the waves, diving deep into the sea,
    playing along the beach, having fun all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_piplup123 View Post
    Wasting a lot of Pokeballs on Beldum, eventually I tried to battle it with my Banette (ghost lol) but when Take down ran out, guess what? Struggle. Beldum killed itself and yep...so frustrating.
    same here, second beldum swarm today :[

any questions?

Accidentally poisoning Mesprit with Golbat, had to force myself to use Master Ball.

...yep.

Surfing through the waves, diving deep into the sea,
    playing along the beach, having fun all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikyobi View Post
    I was messing around in Battle Tower with a team of just the Sinnoh starters and I got fissured once by a Nidoking, then Guillotined twice from a Crawdaunt because I missed one of my attacks. I wasn't really mad since this was after the Tower Tycoon but seriously how do you get OHKOed 3 times in a row with attacks that work only 30% of the time?
    I have had a similar experience, hence why you always bring a pokemon with sturdy in the battle tower. To answer your question it is literally set against you. Oh and the accuracy is about 85% not 30% in this case.

My WTF moment? It was harder to catch beldum than Palkia. Seriously...
    Click on ^ to prevent it from death This means YOU!!!

pearl fc=2664-3107-0591

Quote Originally Posted by bookist View Post
    My WTF moment? It was harder to catch beldum than Palkia. Seriously...
    beldum have a catch rate of 3, same to legendaries. i chucked nearlly 50 balls until beldum killed itself.

My kricketune owned mars' purugly with one furycutter! HAH!

any questions?

WTF time. Just fought Cyrus today.

He sends out Sneasel, I send out Kirlia.
    Kirlia switches to Scyther, Sneasel Ice Punchs. Scyther is Frozen solid.
    Scyther switches to Flareon, Sneasel Ice Punchs. Flareon is Frozen solid.
    Flareon thaws and uses Fire Spin(don't ask), misses, Sneasel uses Slash.
    Flareon uses Fire Spin again, misses again, Sneasel uses Slash. Flareon is in the red.
    Use FRZ Cure on Scyther, Sneasel uses Slash again, Flareon is down.
    Switch in Scyther, Sneasel uses Beat Up.
    Scyther uses X-Scissor, Sneasel is down.
    He switches in Golbat, I switch Kirlia back.
    Golbat uses Crunch, critical hit, Kirlia is out.
    Switch in Luxray, Golbat uses Crunch.
    Luxray uses Spark, Golbat is out.
    Cyrus switches in Murkrow.
    Luxray uses Spark. Win.

People were wondering why I was sitting there swearing... I was, at lowest, 6 levels higher than his pokemon!
    I still love you, I will till I die
    And love is much stronger then anger or pride
    Please baby, let's unburn all our bridges

The most recent WTF moment that I can remember was when my ex-gf gave me a shiny Vulpix as a gift that she received through a wifi trade. Now, all of the stats and numbers checked out, however, once I evolved it into a Ninetales, it lost its nickname...

WTF

-1st place at my Toughest Trainer Tournament
    -Friend Codes
    -White: 3954 6397 8535
    -Diamond: 2019 6150 4056

One time I was battling my little sister and I used poison gas one her mew ( and my drowzee had 1 hp left ) but I forgot that her mew had the ability synchronize so I got poisoned too, but THEN her mew used a berry to cure her poisoning, and my drowzee fainted from the poisoning!
    SHUCKLE OWNS

I made this banner, so there is no one to credit but myself

Thanks to Rika_of_thunder for the AWESOME shuckle

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast