Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 33 of 33

Thread: Around The Whirlpool (212)

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Northwestern Europe
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Before I begin giving my own opinion about this episode, I do want to say that this season (Master Quest) is probably the best original series season out of all five. Yeah, that's right, it even beats the Indigo League series. So much happened during this season, that most of my list of epic moments in Pokémon happened during this season. The theme rocks too.

    Now, for this sub-part (Whirl Arc) the first episode wasn't that good of being interesting, but I did like some openings like Misty wanting a Corsola and the Lugia's shadow appearing - foreshadowing events that will happen later on in this arc. That is probably this episode its strongest point.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Forest
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    A nice episode to introduce the Whirl Islands and the Whirl Cup competition. It was great how Misty kept saying she wanted to become a Water Pokemon Master. It was nice to see Professor Elm again too. I love how calm & collected he is, his Corsola was very cute. I loved how Misty wanted a Corsola so badly.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    It was a good episode. But, right when Staryu's used, it loses after one hit. I'm starting to think Staryu is a glass canon. It's nice to see that the Whirl Cup is introduced. It'll advance Misty into becoming a Water Pokemon Master. She needs this.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    It was a good episode. But, right when Staryu's used, it loses after one hit. I'm starting to think Staryu is a glass canon. It's nice to see that the Whirl Cup is introduced. It'll advance Misty into becoming a Water Pokemon Master. She needs this.
    You'll be pleased with the results of the Whirl Cup if you haven't seen the next few episodes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    A nice episode to introduce the Whirl Islands and the Whirl Cup competition. It was great how Misty kept saying she wanted to become a Water Pokemon Master. It was nice to see Professor Elm again too. I love how calm & collected he is, his Corsola was very cute. I loved how Misty wanted a Corsola so badly.
    Agreed. Happy that she got one later as well.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    You'll be pleased with the results of the Whirl Cup if you haven't seen the next few episodes.
    Oh I already know what happens in the next episodes.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Oh I already know what happens in the next episodes.
    LOL. Well then, we all agree the Whirl Cup was good for Misty.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Coumarine City
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    Apart from Lugia's shadow, Prof. Elm's appearance and Misty wanting to catch a Corsola, this episode was(yawn) a bore.
    It was a rather boring start of the Whirl Islands arc in my opinion.
    Pokémon XY


    Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

    Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    1,593

    Default

    Name-wise, I always get Professor Elm and Birch mixed up.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * * * * *
    * - Going mega


    Claimed by me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •