Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fly Me To The Moon! (213)

Default Fly Me To The Moon! (213)

Fly Me To The Moon!

In their travels through the Whirl Islands, Ash & Co. meet a trainer who is trying to get his Pidgey to fly higher than any Pokémon before. Ash & Co. Want to help. Will the Pidgey make it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This is another one of those episodes where Meowth really shines. I like that he really encourages Pidgey to follow his dream, relating his own experiences with learning how to talk. It's also great to see Team Rocket and Team Twerp get along for an entire episode without Team Rocket getting beat up on.

Ororo Munroe Guest

Meowth was great in this. Like wobbanut said, I liked how he encouraged Pidgey and how TR and the twerps worked together.

You fat b*stards lose weight! This episode was a wee bit unreleastic to say the least, I mean theoretically a bird can't fly in space, there's no oxgen, although at least the animé attempted to make that clear.

I like comment Oak made when explaning how the pudgey's were so overweight, "some said evolution, some said devolution, but one thing they all agreed on, they were just too fat. splat! *a fat pidgey just flops to the ground*

squirtle_squad_leader Guest

Whilst watching Destiny Deoxys, I thought of this episode. Rayquaza attacked Deoxys because it invaded Rayquaza's territory - the ozone layer.

I thought it'd be extremely humorous for the inspirational Pidgey to get up there and then be blasted away by Rayquaza. Heh.

I know the concord got high enough the sky was black and you could see the curve of the earth. However, the atmosphere outside was probably freeze flesh cold and the atmosphere was unbreathable. I doubt the Pidgey would live more than five seconds up there.

Just one of the fillers they pulled out of their a**es to fill space.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

But those are the kind of fillers with hot men! And this one is no exception!

Sweet Christ he was hot. *salivate* I mean really! *Oosgasm*

Purrrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_Bugsy
    Sweet Christ he was hot. *salivate* I mean really! *Oosgasm*
    O_o *tosses her a paper towel* Uh, here... wipe yourself up.

I loved this epiosde, which is rare for me to say for a Johto filler. Nyasu's interaction with that Poppo was very touching, I too admired the devotion Poppo had to achieve his dream. While what he was doing was unrealistic, keep in mind this is a show where monsters with weird powers can be contained in balls and used to battle, so I don't complain.

10/10

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

I finally saw this episode for the first time last night. I missed pretty much all of Master Quest, as it was a brief time before the release of RS that I temporarily lost interest.

Anyways, it was probably the first Meowth episode I didn't completely hate. "Go West Yound Meowth", "Meowth Rules", and "Got Miltank" are among my most hated episodes ever. Yeah, it was just another Pidgey filler, especially since we already had one earlier in Johto, but it wasn't horrible. TR really got the short-end in this one. The one time they decide to be helpful, they don't even get recognition for it! Hell, there was no comment about them trying to steal Pikachu or Meowth at all!

6/10

So...what's next on my "haven't seen" list? The Diglett one?
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I just saw this ep the other night, too. I didn't really like it, it was kind of... out there. But Meowth was really sweet. ^_^

5/10.

This episode made me do something in my life for the first time. I actually cried during this episdeo(I'm a softie). it's like one of those sports movies in which the kid wants to get to his goal and has help from the coach like in happy gilmore(I know bad resemblence). But still a pidgey with that much courage is a site to see knowing that it wants to do what no other pidgey has done before. Meowth was very sweet in the episode he has helped people get to their dreams before and has acomplished some for himself. Well anyway I give it a 10/10 this episdoe shows courage some sappyness but what more episodes should have Pudgey Pidgeys.
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/5399191.jpg[/IMG]
    Anime Bish: Kagura from Gintama/Anime song: Alones from Bleach
    Many thanks to Kimmi the Awesome™ for the awesome banner.
    PM me if you wanna play me in Jump Ultimate Stars or Vs. me in PBR. ^-~

You said it, sir D: It kinda made me cry a little too. XD Except it sounded more like '...*sniffle* .......HEY! Wilbur! '

Purrrrrrr.

This was the 2nd best filler ever in my opinion (2nd only to "Go west young Meowth.") and the best of this season. Why is it that most fillers that star Meowth are usually really good? This ep told us all to follow our dreams just like Orville did and we can accomplish anything.
    10/10 deserving of all of it
    Last edited by TwilightFacade; 6th April 2006 at 3:37 AM.

MY FAVORITE FILLER EVER!!!.. and I'm saying this from a guy who cried for an hour after the episode!!! *sniff, sniff*

Very awesome episode! I t made me cry a bit too ;_;, but happy at the same time

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Shikamaru and all others who cried, I'm glad I'm not the only softy who cried during this.

I also cried while watching the Arabic dub of The Poke Spokesperson. The VA just put so much emotion into Simon's speech that it broke my heart. ^^;; I'm easily touched!

Watching poor little Orville freezing was so sad, yet satisfying when he saw the sun. T-T

Meowth was a real sweety here.

I love Orville, he's so CUTE!! I just realized how much I adore the Pidgey's voices!

This episode was the first, and so far last, time I've ever come close to crying during Pokemon. I didn't, but I came close.

We need to see more of the Pudgy Pidgeys.
    60% of SPPF don't miss the glitches Missingno and 'M from R/B/Y/G/S/C. If you are one of those 40% who miss our pals the glitches, copy and paste this into your signature (started by MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO)

This episode really showed that, whatever you want, you can make your dreams come true if you work for it =3 It's a really good filler episode. And Meowth and all the Pidgey were so cute! XD

This is a good episode.........if Meowth and TR teamed up with the twerps. I love the part when Meowth encouraged Pidgey to fulfill its dream to fly up to the moon. Wobbanut is right.

My fav part in this episode was the ending when Meowth and Piggy were sittng on the tree talking about what it was like space. I think it was a touching moment. Yes I cried this episode *Tear a little now*

that was a episode i saw 11 times i now that pidey ice had on his wings (that must be cold) and that the baloon of team rocket crached down and the fat pidey are trying to stop it

In my opinion one of the best episodes ever of Pokemon, no battles no TR interfering just a lone Pidgey with a dream to fly high. Very enjoyable episode really loved the part with Orville achieving his dream of going almost going into space, probably the only normal Pokemon to do so. This episode is also a favorite of mine cause of the pudgy Pidgey if they so many possibilities for them, from possibly become a sub species of Pidgey or an entirely new Pokemon exclusive to that island.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

One of my favorite episodes. I can easily link this one to the song "Fly to the Angels" by Slaughter.

Of course, what would have been a funny thing to see was that in the dub version, when Orville first sees Meowth, 4Kids should have added a thought from Orville in a subtitle, which would say "I tawt I taw a puddy tat"
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Default Pidgey Pokémon

I really liked this episode. It is not very realistic, but that's the point, isn't it. I mean Pokémon is a awesome fantasy world, so Pidgey can fly to the moon. I think it is about the lesson in the story, not actually the science in the episode.
    I like it when Meowth is more in the center of the story, normally the episode is much more funny and beautiful.

very inspiring epi.
    Anime rules

Interesting concept for an episode. I enjoy the episode where TR team up with the twerps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast