Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mantine Overboard (216)

Hybrid View

Default Mantine Overboard (216)

Mantine Overboard!

Ash & Co. meet a person who is looking for a piece of treasure on the ocean floor...a Silver Wing. To get to it, they must go deep in the ocean with their Water Pokémon. However Team Rocket wish to get there first. Will Ash & Co. get it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Ororo Munroe Guest

I like the scuba outfits and Mantine is a cool Pokemon. Underwater battles are always good so this was a good episode.

The best part about this episode was definitely the motto. It was interesting seeing Team Rocket play it like a movie from the submarine. I also liked Luka, and I'm glad she stuck around for the Lugia trilogy. Pikachu also looked pretty cute in his scuba diving gear.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

XD at TR's movie motto.

Well, more focus was put into introducing us to the upcoming arc than actually working on the episode, but nonetheless, it was a fair episode.

Mantine's voice was bizarre, to put it mildly. Sounded like some dying old man IMO ._. Better voice for such a cool Pokémon kthnx

Symbiosis. Ooh, big word. Seriously, though, I like that they used the word, good way of introducing kids to the concept ;D. Wish they touched on it more frequently, though. And call me dense, but I didn't really understand why Mantine was protecting the Remoraid until they pointed it out to me ;-;

Wow, the Magikarp sub actually blew up. That's a first o_o Usually they blast off with it intact.

James and Meowth had a good idea about quitting while they were ahead, IMO. If Jessie had listened, they'd've succeeded for once. Oh well, that's why I don't gamble.

Overall rating:
    7.4 out of 10
    Standard Johto filler(unless the Silver Wing makes it not a filler >_>). For a Mantine-based episode, I expected more....

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion

I like Mantine and I mean I really like Mantine. It's my favorite Pokemon of the second generation and amoung my top five. Not mention they got into how Mantine and Remoraid lived together. Not to mention it was foreshadowing to the Lugia arc. Despite being a filler, it was a great episode.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

The whole thing with Pikachu wanting to go diving with Ash and then ending up wearing its own diving gear was incredibly cute.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

iWhen I saw that episode I saw very closley in the background TAMANTA! this was last week!
    Hoenn:
    Sinnoh:
    Unova/World Tournament A:
    Unova 2/World Torunament B:
    My name is Luke. My favourite Pokemon is Zorua. I want to make films when I'm older. DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR?
    (Also Luke's Japanese seiyuu happens to be my favourite one)

What! How? When?... WHERE DID YOU SEE FREAKIN TAMANTA!!! could you plz tell me.... Anyway, it was a Masterquest episode I actually saw. But it's just weird. Mantine and Remoraid attached! That's just weird that they stay with each other. Does anyone know why?!?

Great episode. I liked the underwater expedition. Although I didn't like Pikachu being silly and almost shocking Ash.
    Last edited by Ashy Boy; 18th October 2006 at 8:27 AM.

This one was alright, though underwater was cool

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

A nice episode, also a nice prelude to the Lugia trilogy which is coming up. It's certainly interesting that Luka just happened to have scuba gear for Ash, Misty & Pikachu, especially since she only met them about a couple hours beforehand. Lastly I like the episodes in which you get to see the gang's Water Pokemon in their natural environment, they look very good underwater.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

that underwaterexpedition was very entertaining, i liked this episode, i should say a 9/10 would fit nice.

Hurrah for a good start to the upcoming arc within an arc!
    The best bit of the episode was, of course, TR's motto on a waterproof screen.
    Worst bit - Brock not joining in in the underwater escapades!

Do the Robot!

This was pretty good. I like how they all teamed up with Mantine. Pikachu was cute in Scuba gear.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Nice epi, i never tought Mantine was so big XD
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

When this episode cuts to a scene with the gang in the water and lugia underneath them, what episode is that from?

I can't remember that ever?

Quote Originally Posted by cg_25 View Post
    When this episode cuts to a scene with the gang in the water and lugia underneath them, what episode is that from?

I can't remember that ever?

It's from "Around the Whirlpool." The first episode in the Master Quest series.

I thouht this was a good episode especially because of the Silver Wing. I thought Mantine and Remoraid working together was really neat. I enjoyed seeing Team Rocket's motto on their screen. I thought Pikachu looked adorable in its SCUBA gear. I always enjoy seeing water pokemon in their natural environment. The sunken ship was also really neat.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Have I seen that similer to that shilver wing or not?

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

It was good to see Mantine getting some screentime.

and i loved Luka, i think she is a great character.

7/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Cute episode, but the fact that Mantine kept protecting that school of Remoraid bugged me to no end! Let them protect themselves :S

At least Mantine had a good role unlike the other Water types in this mini-arc. I liked the COTD girl who was searching for the Silver Wing relic. It has strong ties to the rest of this arc so I'm glad that the writers thought ahead and planned for it. Even better, that they added some folklore to it.

Other than some cool diving and battle scenes, it was a Filler to stall this arc further. Not bad though, 4/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 3rd February 2010 at 9:13 AM.

I don't know why, but this episode always made me fear Mantine. I don't know why. Anyways, it was a good one. It was funny how Pikachu tried to go in the water after Ash.

This episode was a good way to start of the arc. I liked the CotD Luka who was searching for the Silver Wing. Brock, as always tries to filrt with her ..... but Misty drags him away by pulling his hear.
    Nice to see Mantine getting an anime appearance, I liked how it was protecting the Remorade.
    The underwater scenes were good and Pikachu looked funny in that little Scuba-suit.
    I'm glad Luka got the Silver Wing in the end.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Mantine for the 1st time. The underwater battles were very cool. Pikachu was very cute in its scuba outfit. The Scuba outfits were very cool-looking.

30/100

This episode was full of epicness. It was cool to see Mantine for the first time. The stuff they did underwater was epic like the epic battles and Pikachu looked so cute in the liitle scuba suit.

7/10

I honestly find that Pikachu in a diving suit, much less them HAVING one for it, was really bizarre. But, ten-year-olds fulfilling some peoples' life dream by barely doing anything, I'm honestly a bit jealous.

I'm back, baby.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast