Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dueling Heroes (218)

Totodile really should've evolved during the Whirl cup arc. It would've made perfect sense to evolve during this arc. Also we should've seen Misty use Starmie & Horsea again during this arc as well.
    Last edited by Sayho1234; 9th September 2010 at 12:47 AM.

Probably one of the most interesting episodes of the Johto Whirl Cup mini-arc. I say interesting, but not in a good way exactly. Ash's battle against that Kingdra trainer was just awful. I mean really, Ash's Totodile who gets little screentime or training, defeats a Kingdra by shutting it's mouth when it was using Hydro Pump? So ridiculous. I mean, it would've been an ok sort of victory had it not been for the fact that Misty's opponent used a Quilfish who was able to absorb water from the field and use it to it's advantage. I mean, that was like the same thing Kingdra did, only it "blow up" instead of getting stronger. Corsola defeated Quilfish on accident almost (since it got stuck on it's horns), which was another cheap win. Overall, interesting victories for both Ash and Misty, but kind of cheap. 5/10.

This episode was very cool. Totodile biting Kingdra's mouth to prevent Hydro Pump, and Qwilfish getting stuck in Corsola's horns was very funny to see. Seeing Qwilfish for the 1st time was very cool. Qwilfish's Pin Missle attack was very cool to see.

60/100

This episode was good. Cool to see how Totodile beat that Kingdra by biting it's mouth. Seeing Quilfish for the first time was pretty interesting.

7/10

Ash vs Misty is coming up, the next episode is gonna be tense! I'm routing for Misty!

For me, the whirl arc in its entirety felt like a smaller version of the Orange League series. I loved how they both gave Misty's battle and Ash's battle equally screening time and that made this episode packed with two interesting battles to watch. I remember I was really surprised too when I saw that Ash and Misty had to battle each other in the second 2. This episode and the next one were probably some of the best episodes at the beginning of Master Quest.

Excellent episode, both Ash and Misty had excellent battles. I loved how Brock told Ash that Misty's battling style was similar to Ash's because of how she turned the battle around in her favor, it was hot that he said that. I got a kick out of seeing Bayleef's reaction to being at Prof. Oak's. Seeing Bayleef panic when she realized Ash wasn't around and she was in a completely different place slayed me.

These matches were difficult. I can't believe Kingdra actually blew up like that. You would have never guessed that would have happened. That guy who battled Misty shouldn't have underestimated her. Because, underestimating your opponent is the first step in defeat.

Ash's Totodile battle felt right. It had comitic, felt like something Totodile would do and it felt nautural for it. Corlosa had more of a force win in it.

I loved this episode, Harrison was a great character, I hope they bring him back. Overall, this was just completely fab!

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a whole new world we live in,
    It's a whole new way to see,
    It's a whole new place,
    With a brand new attitude
    But you still gotta catch 'em all
    And be the best that you can be!

This was a good episode. I'm glad Ash's Totodile got a win after so long, it was barely getting screentime in the previous episodes. Misty's won her battle by luck, Corsola defeated Quilfish when It was stuck on it's horn. Bayleef's reaction to at Professor Oak's ranch was funny. Ash and Misty will battle in the next episode.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 20th August 2013 at 9:48 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Kingdra looked hilarious all puffed up like that!
    So was Bayleef's reaction to being in a strange environment!
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12